The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2010, 02:18 PM   #1
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Default OT-In Wake of 'Boobquake,' Iranian Cleric Defends Earthquake-Promiscuity Link

TEHRAN, Iran -- A prominent hard-line Iranian cleric who said promiscuity and immodest dress cause earthquakes says God may be holding off on natural disasters in the West in order to let people sin more and consign themselves to hell.

Kazem Sedighi sparked widespread derision with his pronouncements in a prayer sermon last month linking earthquakes with women's dress.

"Many women who do not dress modestly ... lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity and spread adultery in society, which (consequently) increases earthquakes," Sedighi said in mid April. In a new sermon Friday, he has defended and elaborated on his claim.

Sedighi notes that some might ask why there aren't more earthquakes and storms striking Western nations that are "up to their necks" in immorality. He says the answer is that God allows some of those who "provoke His wrath" to continue sinning "so that they (eventually) go to the bottom of Hell."

In response to Sedighi's earlier comments, blogger Jennifer McCreight of Indiana had called on women to show as much cleavage as possible through a Facebook page aptly named Boobquake. Despite an earthquake that surprisingly did strike on April 26, the appointed day of Boobquake, McCreight remains convinced that cleavage doesn't cause quakes.

Meanwhile "saddened" by the frivolousness of Boobquake, a second Facebook group called for "Brainquake," a day for women to “show off their resumes, CVs, honors, prizes, and accomplishments.”

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/...est=latestnews

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2010, 02:20 PM   #2
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Hmmm... Boobquake... or Brainquake?

Which to choose?

Lead on, mouse!
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:20 PM   #3
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Ah that photo brings back memories of Letha Weapons big mounds, to be young and in love.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:27 PM   #4
Miss I.
Dom Casual Groupie

b**** Please!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wes Welker

feckin men, even the gay ones can't stop talking about them...don't get the big deal...geeze....
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:50 PM   #5
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
feckin men, even the gay ones can't stop talking about them...don't get the big deal...geeze....
I have 3 roommates, 2 female and one male, and I guarantee you that the one female roommate talks more about her (ample)cleavage in a week than I have about boobs in general in my entire life.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:59 PM   #6
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

just wait what happens when we unleash our weapons of ass destruction!
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:02 PM   #7
Miss I.
Dom Casual Groupie

b**** Please!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wes Welker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killericon View Post
I have 3 roommates, 2 female and one male, and I guarantee you that the one female roommate talks more about her (ample)cleavage in a week than I have about boobs in general in my entire life.
maybe she does. but given the insane amount of avatars not exactly showcasing the female brain on a board about football and a whole thread about the power of its mojo, it isn't us doing most of the talking as a general rule.

There was a line or something in Notting Hill where Julia Roberts asks Hugh Grant what the big deal is about them and of course it's played for humor, but to be honest I don't entirely get it.

I mean partially sure, but in the end it isn't like we spend all our time talking about your guys anatomy. I think guys are more obsessed with their penis then we are.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:02 PM   #8
Liquid Courage
The 4th Amigo

Sounds a lot like the quacks here in the US that claim Hurricane Katrina was caused by New Orleans promiscuity. Just proves that ignorance and domineering knows no bounds.
Liquid Courage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:05 PM   #9
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
maybe she does. but given the insane amount of avatars not exactly showcasing the female brain on a board about football and a whole thread about the power of its mojo, it isn't us doing most of the talking as a general rule.

There was a line or something in Notting Hill where Julia Roberts asks Hugh Grant what the big deal is about them and of course it's played for humor, but to be honest I don't entirely get it.

I mean partially sure, but in the end it isn't like we spend all our time talking about your guys anatomy. I think guys are more obsessed with their penis then we are.

I dont quite get it either. I mean, I am blinded sometimes by the power of giant mammaries...but they do nothing for me. Its like magnets...how the **** do they work?

And men (straight and gay) are all boderline obsessed with their junk. Its been there since day 1. A man's lifelong friend.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:15 PM   #10
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I

It's just one of the mysteries of men. Kind of like the sound of the flute to a cobra.

Last edited by Rohirrim; 05-15-2010 at 10:00 AM..
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:53 PM   #11
listopencil
[sarcasm]text[/sarcasm]

BOOM! Winner.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Broncos FO

Quote:

It depends on the woman how much they talk about penises. Some women (like you apparently) don't really bring it up in conversation so much. Other woman (I know of many) like to have conversations about them, and do it frequently.

As far as boobs go: They're nice. They're fun to look at and play with. They compliment the other curves on a woman's body nicely. It's also fun to have certain parts of a woman's body to be considered "taboo" to display too prominently. I actually enjoy the body of a woman in it's entirety though. I can become just as...interested...at the sight of a few glistening droplets of fresh sweat gently rolling down the side of a woman's neck for instance.
listopencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:02 PM   #12
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Quote:

It's a mystery to us, too, but it's hardwired. It's not like we're attracted on an intellectual level. What people find "attractive" or "unattractive" is a generally confusing field to begin with.

Anyways, my point was that I'm not running around talking about boobs/having boobs as my avatar, and I'm a guy. Not all the same, us dudes.

P.S.

I really like the idea of God as waiting for people to sin so he can send them to hell.

Last edited by Killericon; 05-14-2010 at 05:07 PM..
Old 05-14-2010, 05:07 PM   #13
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

God is the king of entrapment. He invented that ****.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:14 PM   #14
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
God is the king of entrapment. He invented that ****.
Well, he invented everything, but I agree(I joke, I joke). The Old Testament comes across very much like a little kid holding a magnifying glass up to the sun, and focusing the light directly next to an ant, saying "DON'T MOVE TO THE SIDE, ANT, DON'T YOU DO IT!"

While avoiding a bible debate, I find this whole thing really funny.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:16 PM   #15
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

We should just market our religion based on the fact our hell isn't as bad or as easy to get sent to. How are Muslims fastest growing? There selling points stink.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:21 PM   #16
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Hey, I'm up for a massive boob attack!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 12:35 AM   #17
Ugly Duck
Proof: SD fans DO exist!

RF

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Despite an earthquake that surprisingly did strike on April 26, the appointed day of Boobquake, McCreight remains convinced that cleavage doesn't cause quakes.
God works in mysterious ways. Coincidence that an earthquake happened right when those women intentionally got all cleavagey? I think not...
Ugly Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 12:42 AM   #18
Miss I.
Dom Casual Groupie

b**** Please!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wes Welker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killericon View Post
It's a mystery to us, too, but it's hardwired. It's not like we're attracted on an intellectual level. What people find "attractive" or "unattractive" is a generally confusing field to begin with.

Anyways, my point was that I'm not running around talking about boobs/having boobs as my avatar, and I'm a guy. Not all the same, us dudes.

P.S.

I really like the idea of God as waiting for people to sin so he can send them to hell.

oh I don't think it's all men. It's unfair to entirely categorize anyone, though in this case there are times when guys do play to it. I've just had enough conversations where I was the only one trying to make eye contact (since their eyes were otherwise engaged, not easy to do) to wonder what the fascination was and figured I would jack the boob thread and ask.

and if God is waiting for us to sin for said passage to hell, I must have a first class ticket there.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:51 AM   #19
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Duck View Post
God works in mysterious ways. Coincidence that an earthquake happened right when those women intentionally got all cleavagey? I think not...
If "showing cleavage" caused earthquakes, I'd probably be responsible for at least one or two. And to my knowledge I still have none to my credit so I highly doubt the veracity of this hypothesis.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 12:53 AM   #20
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Like this one?

<-----------
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 02:25 AM   #21
Miss I.
Dom Casual Groupie

b**** Please!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wes Welker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukes View Post
Like this one?

<-----------
like what? I don't know what you mean.

and like Blue said, if these things caused earthquakes, well there would be more. though interestingly my family is from CA, we are a buxom lot and there are a lot of earthquakes, hmmmm....
Old 05-15-2010, 08:54 AM   #22
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Men's attraction to boobs really just can't be adequately explained. It is such an autonomic reaction like breathing, we don't even think about it, it's just something that happens all day long. We don't plan it, prepare for it, or seek out the distraction, it just sneaks up on us and wins every time no matter the conversation we are in. Boobs are like Ninja, they never lose.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:00 AM   #23
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

I bet Kazem Sedighi didn't get a lot action growing up.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:00 AM   #24
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
Men's attraction to boobs really just can't be adequately explained. It is such an autonomic reaction like breathing, we don't even think about it, it's just something that happens all day long. We don't plan it, prepare for it, or seek out the distraction, it just sneaks up on us and wins every time no matter the conversation we are in. Boobs are like Ninja, they never lose.
so, the cleric IS right!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:06 AM   #25
Ugly Duck
Proof: SD fans DO exist!

RF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
If "showing cleavage" caused earthquakes, I'd probably be responsible for at least one or two. And to my knowledge I still have none to my credit so I highly doubt the veracity of this hypothesis.
Show us a pic... maybe you're not doing it right?
Ugly Duck is offline   Reply With Quote