The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2010, 10:01 PM   #1
Dogsweat

Default Los Angeles To Boycott Arizona

The Grand Canyon sounds like a great vacation.....

http://cbs2.com/local/Los.Angeles.City.2.1689109.html
Dogsweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2010, 10:12 PM   #2
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Quote:
The vote followed an emotional council discussion during which many members noted that their ancestors were U.S. immigrants.
...No ****.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:14 PM   #3
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

I'm also boycotting Arizona. I haven't called my grandma since the law passed. Won't answer her calls either.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:18 PM   #4
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Barry Goldwater John McCain what do you expect?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:26 PM   #5
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Humans are so ****ing stupid. Sheeples.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:29 PM   #6
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

What does this even mean?

Are we not driving through AZ anymore? Are we not supporting the Suns basketball team?
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:32 PM   #7
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Janice Hahn (running for State office) and a member of the LA council also had a list to give to the lakers on how to cut down on spending in the state. Try telling Kobe that he should brown bag his dinner and not go eat at Phoenix's finest establishments. Yeah, that is gonna work especially with the HC stating he backs the law in Arizona.
For me, I am more and more looking at the Cards game as a great away game to go to and support Arizona.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:37 PM   #8
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

LA. go figure.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:06 PM   #9
Pool
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Lakers won't be going to Phoenix for games
Pool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:15 PM   #10
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

LA should never travel to Arizona for any game right? I mean that's what this means.

Ohh wait it doesn't pertain to that? Ohh well how about baseball? Hmm ok not that either ok well anything that doesn't effect us to much ok the the rule for Arizona.
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:20 PM   #11
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Yeah, that is gonna work especially with the HC stating he backs the law in Arizona.
For me, I am more and more looking at th
I wouldn't go that far.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...ut-of-sports/1
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:09 AM   #12
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Old 05-13-2010, 12:27 AM   #13
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pool View Post
Lakers won't be going to Phoenix for games
well, I think they are going there for one trip. Game 3 and 4 to close it out. But they will be back in LA celebrating.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:28 AM   #14
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

what a joke of a move for a cash strapped city. Notice how they didn't end the important contracts they could be sued for though? like the wind farm they are building. California is a joke.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:29 AM   #15
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

its not a total ban, lakers are private. It's only official city business. In other words Arizona could care less, they still save more with the law.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:31 AM   #16
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
its not a total ban, lakers are private. It's only official city business. In other words Arizona could care less, they still save more with the law.
It's nothing more than a political move to gain Hispanic sheeple and sheeple sympathizer votes.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:34 AM   #17
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

What we need is a similar law here in southern california.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:51 AM   #18
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

If Cali keeps pushing it az can decide to review water and power contracts...

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:01 AM   #19
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

LA is so screwed up.... way over budget, billions in the hole, Makes great business sense. I live here and hate this kind of BS.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:23 AM   #20
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

This whole thing is a total joke. Cops everywhere already pull people over for "reasonable suspicion" anyway. And this law only mirrors the federal law. Is California going to stop doing business with the Feds also?

I'm curious, what part of "reasonable suspicion" means racial? The people of Mexico, and from anywhere really, can be from light all the way to dark. How could you honestly say who might be illegal or who isn't just by looking at somebody's skin color? You can't.

Trust me, there are far too many other things cops here need to be doing beside hunting down illegals. Their budgets were cut also and there are even less police out there and this city (Metro Phoenix Area) has the most red light runners in the nation, along with speeding, vehicle collisions and the list goes on. Then you get to the real crimes, shootings, robberies, etc. People act as if the police down here are going to be doing nothing other then stopping Mexicans walking down the street asking for their ID's. I've got 12 members of my family in law enforcment down here and I hear all the time about how the days are filled with non stop calls on domestic issues. They tell me all the time they don't even have time to stop and pull over speeders because they're on their way to the next call already. lol.

Screw LA. There are millions of good and honest people working and living in Arizona and ANY boycots hurt the people before they hurt the Arizona government. If the money stops coming in, the State just makes more cuts. The State keeps on going doing it's thing. It's the people that have jobs that either work for the State, or even business that depend on those contracts, that get hurt.

I'd like for business everywhere to boycott going to LA until they get cleaner air. How'd that be LA? I wouldn't go there again anyway. That place is a dump. I drove I-10 to LA once and when I got over the mountains there and could not believe the color of their smog. Over here it's brown and you can see it for sure. Even in Denver you can see the brown cloud. But what I saw was almost greyish black, it was that dark. It was nasty.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:34 AM   #21
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post

I have a point to make.

It's the job of the president, and the federal govt, to legislate and enforce the areas of law, and society, where the constitution says for it to.

It's more important then just what our freedoms are, or whose paying for healthcare. It get's the the root of what happened in the civil war. States going there own way on matters they don't have the authority to do, if we are going to have a union.

Fighting over illegal immigration not enough, but what if its just the start. Medical Marijuana, Immigration, we could end up with gay this here, no gay there, in the end some state may say you know what **** this republic we want to go it alone or make a union with a couple of states etc etc.

If Obama was smart he would nip this in the bud right now.

Just like you said what next Arizona saying no water from colo river for you unless you repeal medical marijuana? I mean states either have a right to go it alone or they don't. Obama just being a bystander while states divide over issues just seems like poor leadership to me.

Not left, or right, just poor leadership.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:43 AM   #22
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I have a point to make.

It's the job of the president, and the federal govt, to legislate and enforce the areas of law, and society, where the constitution says for it to.

It's more important then just what our freedoms are, or whose paying for healthcare. It get's the the root of what happened in the civil war. States going there own way on matters they don't have the authority to do, if we are going to have a union.

Fighting over illegal immigration not enough, but what if its just the start. Medical Marijuana, Immigration, we could end up with gay this here, no gay there, in the end some state may say you know what **** this republic we want to go it alone or make a union with a couple of states etc etc.

If Obama was smart he would nip this in the bud right now.

Just like you said what next Arizona saying no water from colo river for you unless you repeal medical marijuana? I mean states either have a right to go it alone or they don't. Obama just being a bystander while states divide over issues just seems like poor leadership to me.

Not left, or right, just poor leadership.
He might be working on something or trying to figure out how best to go about handling this matter. Better to study it for a bit and figure out how best to go about things then to just jump right in before you clearly have a plan of action. This bill wasn't passed that long ago so I think it's a bit to early to say Obama and crew aren't going to do anything about it.

But I do agree with what you are saying. It does need to be handled and hopefully they will do something about it in the coming months. I mean, if this thing keeps steamrolling along, it affects the Federal government also. You start getting all these cities and states wanting to boycott business in AZ, it's only going to turn Arizona into a state with dire circumstances. You're going to have even more layoffs and less jobs, meaning more federal assistance. The state will have to start making some radical cutbacks, such as border patrol, education, realestate. People will start leaving here and flooding other cities, wich in then is going to hurt those economies. Just like what you saw with Katrina, how Texas has the massive inflow of civilians.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:03 AM   #23
JJJ
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Yeah because LA is such a beacon of racial solidarity.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:21 AM   #24
Broncos4Life
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post

Yup. Let those ****ers drink salt water in the dark!
Broncos4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:41 AM   #25
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightySmurf View Post
What does this even mean?

Are we not driving through AZ anymore? Are we not supporting the Suns basketball team?
It means some politicians in LA want to pretend they are doing something. I promise Arizona won't notice two cities' mayors from the most economically screwed up state are mad at them.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote