The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 02:22 PM   #1
stoxman
Ring of Famer
 
stoxman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,174

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default Guess I have to change my avatar (I'm numb)

The beautiful Erica Blasberg of the LPGA was found dead in her NV home on Sunday. 25 years old. I'm in total disbelief and shock. Possible suicide. Sigh.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...s-her-father/1
stoxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2010, 02:24 PM   #2
Los Broncos
Broncos Country
 
Los Broncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Eastern Utah
Posts: 18,703

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

WTH? that is very sad.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:21 PM   #3
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
Wut

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,064

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig
Default

If she killed herself on purpose I have no sympathy, if she OD'ed on drugs I have no sympathy... I guess I don't give a **** unless she died from natural causes or was murdered.

CENSORED VERSION: I wish she didn't kill herself. That's so pointless. It's hard to feel bad for someone who would end their life and put all their loved ones through so much suffering. Hopefully they find out it was from natural causes, as that would alleviate some of the pain.

She was quite a Q T though.


Last edited by UberBroncoMan; 05-11-2010 at 10:30 PM..
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:24 PM   #4
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,969
Default

Wow. Nice bit of compassion, Uber. /rolleyes

Rest in Peace... sounds like she had sort of a rough life off the course in the last several years.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:25 PM   #5
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 8,033

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneDenverMooseGuy View Post
Wow. Nice bit of compassion, Uber. /rolleyes

Rest in Peace... sounds like she had sort of a rough life off the course in the last several years.
I was thinking that also...dick move to come crap on a thread where the OP is obviously unhappy about it but whatever

sucks though, never like to see someone driven to that point
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:27 PM   #6
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
Wut

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,064

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneDenverMooseGuy View Post
Wow. Nice bit of compassion, Uber. /rolleyes

Rest in Peace... sounds like she had sort of a rough life off the course in the last several years.
Sorry man, but anyone who kills themselves gets no compassion from me. You have one life. If you want to throw it away, go for it. But I'm not going to get sad if you do that, unless you're being tortured in a cell of a POW camp and that's the only way out.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:29 PM   #7
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather
 
Houshyamama's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,458

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
If she killed herself on purpose I have no sympathy, if she OD'ed on drugs I have no sympathy... I guess I don't give a **** unless she died from natural causes or was murdered.

She was quite a Q T though.

You must just be a blast at parties
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:30 PM   #8
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Sorry man, but anyone who kills themselves gets no compassion from me. You have one life. If you want to throw it away, go for it. But I'm not going to get sad if you do that, unless you're being tortured in a cell of a POW camp and that's the only way out.
I guess that's fair. Still sucks for her family, and her friends, and her fans (like the OP). Those people do deserve the compassion, and saying, essentially, "I don't give a **** because of my personal morality" is a pretty dickish thing to do.

I mean, you didn't have to say anything.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:31 PM   #9
TDmvp
Ring of Famer
 
TDmvp's Avatar
 
This ones for Pat...

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Sorry man, but anyone who kills themselves gets no compassion from me. You have one life. If you want to throw it away, go for it. But I'm not going to get sad if you do that, unless you're being tortured in a cell of a POW camp and that's the only way out.


Maybe you should try losing a child to suicide and then have a thought .

But from the sounds of most your post you aint deep enough to think anything that far through.
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:33 PM   #10
ghwk
Ring of Famer
 
ghwk's Avatar
 
Survivor survivor!

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,854

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Sorry man, but anyone who kills themselves gets no compassion from me. You have one life. If you want to throw it away, go for it. But I'm not going to get sad if you do that, unless you're being tortured in a cell of a POW camp and that's the only way out.
You would be an awesome role model for kids.

"What? you are 17 and bummed out and thinking about suicide?" "Good for you! Go ahead ****er I don't give a S**t about you!"
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:40 PM   #11
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
Wut

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,064

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
Maybe you should try losing a child to suicide and then have a thought .

But from the sounds of most your post you aint deep enough to think anything that far through.
Oh I've thought that far, and if I did have a kid that killed themselves I'd look at myself as a complete failure as a father. After all, I'd be a parent who raised a kid that committed suicide. That's totally different than being an outsider to someone that you had no true influence over preventing suicide. Sounds like you didn't think much when you wrote that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
You would be an awesome role model for kids.

"What? you are 17 and bummed out and thinking about suicide?" "Good for you! Go ahead ****er I don't give a S**t about you!"
Never said that. I wouldn't want anyone to kill themselves. I don't advocate it, and I've known someone that did it. Maybe that's why I dislike it and think people who do it are ****ing idiots? I've actually had deep talks with someone that had suicidal thoughts before and that person is now living a happy life.

I said if you DO do it that I won't give a **** though. Big difference there Mr. Jump to Conclusions.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:46 PM   #12
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
Hurry Hurry

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 12,577

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs
Default

Seems to me that a suicidal and/or drug addicted person is the epitome of a sympathetic figure. Tearing someone down because of their weakness--be it moral, physical, or mental--is easy. Picking them up when they are in such dire straits is the hard, and virtuous thing to do. Expressing your disdain for them is not.

There but for the grace of God go I...

May she rest in peace.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:51 PM   #13
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
Wut

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,064

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneDenverMooseGuy View Post
I guess that's fair. Still sucks for her family, and her friends, and her fans (like the OP). Those people do deserve the compassion, and saying, essentially, "I don't give a **** because of my personal morality" is a pretty dickish thing to do.

I mean, you didn't have to say anything.
You're probably right. Still, suicide pisses me off, so that's what got me to make the post. When you kill yourself you're not just doing that. You're putting your family, loved ones, (fans in this case), through a **** ton of a pain. It's a selfish act and in my eyes an act lacking in compassion. Thus why should it be shown in return. If you're going to put everyone through an emotional hell by killing yourself, why should you receive compassion? Get my point? Sucks for the OP and her family etc, but for HER, I don't feel remorse IF she killed herself. It should be noted that suicide hasn't even been confirmed yet.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:53 PM   #14
Los Broncos
Broncos Country
 
Los Broncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Eastern Utah
Posts: 18,703

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
If she killed herself on purpose I have no sympathy, if she OD'ed on drugs I have no sympathy... I guess I don't give a **** unless she died from natural causes or was murdered.

She was quite a Q T though.


It's not the answer I agree but, have a little compassion man.

People don't wake up everyday and just say their going to kill themselves.

I've had a couple of people close to me in my life who committed suicide, not easy to go through.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:57 PM   #15
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
Wut

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,064

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Clady View Post
It's not the answer I agree but, have a little compassion man.

People don't wake up everyday and just say their going to kill themselves.

I've had a couple of people close to me in my life who committed suicide, not easy to go through.
I've gone through it too, and I explain above why I have little compassion for people who take their own life.

Believe me, when someone does it I'm not jumping for joy or happy about it. More or less I'm shaking my head and wishing it went a different way.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:58 PM   #16
Broncosfreak_56
Concrete Cyanide
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lakewood
Posts: 1,551

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
If she killed herself on purpose I have no sympathy, if she OD'ed on drugs I have no sympathy... I guess I don't give a **** unless she died from natural causes or was murdered.

She was quite a Q T though.

Broncosfreak_56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:59 PM   #17
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
Wut

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,064

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncosfreak_56 View Post
How is there a buzz to kill with suicide? Buzz killing is ruining an enjoyable event, of which this is not.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:00 PM   #18
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,213

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Uberdouche man.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:00 PM   #19
bombquixote
Ring of Famer
 
bombquixote's Avatar
 
11-5 in 2009

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Perineum
Posts: 1,119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
If she killed herself on purpose I have no sympathy, if she OD'ed on drugs I have no sympathy... I guess I don't give a **** unless she died from natural causes or was murdered.

She was quite a Q T though.

Good job being a tool. You practice at it, or are you just a natural?
bombquixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:03 PM   #20
Broncosfreak_56
Concrete Cyanide
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lakewood
Posts: 1,551

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
How is there a buzz to kill with suicide? Buzz killing is ruining an enjoyable event, of which this is not.
There are many meanings of words.
Broncosfreak_56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:04 PM   #21
ghwk
Ring of Famer
 
ghwk's Avatar
 
Survivor survivor!

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,854

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
I've gone through it too, and I explain above why I have little compassion for people who take their own life.

Believe me, when someone does it I'm not jumping for joy or happy about it. More or less I'm shaking my head and wishing it went a different way.
I think its fine to be angry at someone who takes theri own life because it is the ultuimate selfish act. I can also be sympathetic to that person for all the things that were changeable that could have prevented it that they could no longer see.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:04 PM   #22
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,774

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
Seems to me that a suicidal and/or drug addicted person is the epitome of a sympathetic figure. Tearing someone down because of their weakness--be it moral, physical, or mental--is easy. Picking them up when they are in such dire straits is the hard, and virtuous thing to do. Expressing your disdain for them is not.

There but for the grace of God go I...

May she rest in peace.
I have recently gone through a situation with a friend who is suicidal. Its difficult to know what to do. So I flew out to the west coast just let him know that I loved him and would miss him dearly, and that I wasnt the only one.

If you have any pointers, Im all ears.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:10 PM   #23
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules
 
DarkHorse30's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,268

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneDenverMooseGuy View Post

....I mean, you didn't have to say anything.
this. engage brain....I realize it's complicated for some.....
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:11 PM   #24
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,745

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkillet View Post
I have recently gone through a situation with a friend who is suicidal. Its difficult to know what to do. So I flew out to the west coast just let him know that I loved him and would miss him dearly, and that I wasnt the only one.

If you have any pointers, Im all ears.
You've already done what a good friend should.

If it's not too personal, what's making your friend suicidal?
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:12 PM   #25
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,745

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoxman View Post
The beautiful Erica Blasberg of the LPGA was found dead in her NV home on Sunday. 25 years old. I'm in total disbelief and shock. Possible suicide. Sigh.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...s-her-father/1
Tragic, no matter what the cause. RIP.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:33 PM.


Denver Broncos