The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2010, 05:05 PM   #1
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Default OT-Little Big Planet 2 Reveal Trailer...

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2010, 05:08 PM   #2
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Is the music like that through the whole game? If so I would rather stab my face with the corner of a brick for an hour.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:16 PM   #3
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

wtf
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:26 PM   #4
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Little Big Planet is probably the most innovative game of this generation tbh.

Like Warhawk (best Shooter since the days of Tribes/Quake/Unreal), many people missed out on it.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:31 PM   #5
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Little Big Planet is probably the most innovative game of this generation tbh.

Like Warhawk (best Shooter since the days of Tribes/Quake/Unreal), many people missed out on it.
Yeah, I've never even heard of it. Seemed kind of interesting
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:39 PM   #6
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
Yeah, I've never even heard of it. Seemed kind of interesting

Its a Sony-exclusive title. Its an interesting concept. Designing your own characters and levels to make your own game.

Old 05-10-2010, 06:24 PM   #7
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

The original game was quite innovative (even though there have been games dating back to DOS that allowed you to make custom levels). LBP even got game of the year. But in terms of actual fun? You'd have to be pretty ****ing bored and have a very meaningless life to dip much time into this game. Most people have been playing platformers since the SNES. Having a bazillion levels with no truly meaningful story, characters, etc is just a quantity thing. Not a true gaming experience.

It capitalizes off of the booming social networks that the planet is being exposed to. People want to share what they make, blah, blah, blah.

Far more meaningful and immersive game experiences out there.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:41 PM   #8
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
The original game was quite innovative (even though there have been games dating back to DOS that allowed you to make custom levels). LBP even got game of the year. But in terms of actual fun? You'd have to be pretty ****ing bored and have a very meaningless life to dip much time into this game. Most people have been playing platformers since the SNES. Having a bazillion levels with no truly meaningful story, characters, etc is just a quantity thing. Not a true gaming experience.

It capitalizes off of the booming social networks that the planet is being exposed to. People want to share what they make, blah, blah, blah.

Far more meaningful and immersive game experiences out there.
It's a game. It's fun. There are different kinds of games. They don't all have to be a great American Novel.

LBP really shines when you have a couple of people to play with. Playing it alone is fun once or twice through but you need other people to really make it great. It's the interaction with others that's most important for it.

Oh and there's nothing wrong with platform games. Especially one this innovative.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:54 PM   #9
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowspot66 View Post
It's a game. It's fun. There are different kinds of games. They don't all have to be a great American Novel.

LBP really shines when you have a couple of people to play with. Playing it alone is fun once or twice through but you need other people to really make it great. It's the interaction with others that's most important for it.

Oh and there's nothing wrong with platform games. Especially one this innovative.
Never said great American Novel or anything like that. I can name a ton of games that I find far more worthy of my time than LBP ever could be.

There's ridiculous amounts of games out there that have interaction with others. I've been exposed to playing online with others for years, and years, so it's nothing that unique to me.

Never dissed platformers either. There's nothing wrong with them. A good example of a platformer game that strait up rapes LBP (for me)? Super Metroid... and that's an SNES game.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:42 PM   #10
beanerbronco
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Brandstater

Just a heads up: check out ModNation Racers; its like a fuze between LBP and Mario Kart, pretty clever if you ask me. I will be picking up my copy in about two weeks
beanerbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:08 PM   #11
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Never said great American Novel or anything like that. I can name a ton of games that I find far more worthy of my time than LBP ever could be.

There's ridiculous amounts of games out there that have interaction with others. I've been exposed to playing online with others for years, and years, so it's nothing that unique to me.

Never dissed platformers either. There's nothing wrong with them. A good example of a platformer game that strait up rapes LBP (for me)? Super Metroid... and that's an SNES game.
So have I and can't think of a single game the gives you the kind of experience that LBP does. It's simple, it's silly, and it's a hell of a lot of fun with other people. It's not going to suck up hundreds of hours of your time. But so what?
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:29 AM   #12
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:

He's probably sitting at home playing the same game he has for the past 3 years...

That's right. COD MW2 IS THE SAME GAME AS MW1. Well, with a little more cheese.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:19 AM   #13
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
He's probably sitting at home playing the same game he has for the past 3 years...

That's right. COD MW2 IS THE SAME GAME AS MW1. Well, with a little more cheese.

I bought COD: MW2 a few months ago but did not start playing it til just yesterday. I have never played any previous COD before, so I have nothing to compare it to...but seeing Washington DC in ruins and having to kill russians using the WWII memorial as a SAM site was a bit much.

If the ending is what I think it is...Im gonna be pissed.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:32 AM   #14
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Whatever happened to Spore? That looked amazing in the planning stages.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:08 PM   #15
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

It failed. Miserably.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote