The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2010, 08:27 PM   #1
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,980

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default U2 @ Invesco Field -- Saturday June 12, 2010

So this may be an odd post coming from one of those suburbanite rap kids like me... But I have 2 tickets to U2 I need to get rid of, and was wondering if anybody was interested. They're lower level tickets, section 112 which is a straight view of the stage (i.e., not off to the side at an angle) and I think pretty decent seats.

Anybody interested? I know I'm tipping my hand a bit here, but I'm just going to flat-out say I'm not looking to rape people on prices. I'd like to get my money back on them but I need to unload and willing to negotiate on prices. I'd rather somebody use them then they sit on my desk unused. Hoping for a quick PayPal transaction and I'll FedEx tickets next day.

Shoot me a PM or reply and whatnot.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2010, 08:46 PM   #2
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Vail
Posts: 16,260

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

How much do these things go for?

(Edit) Oh ****, never mind. I'll be in the Virgin Islands on the 12th.

Last edited by Mogulseeker; 05-09-2010 at 09:24 PM..
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:49 PM   #3
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,849

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Not so odd, if I had U2 tickets I would be trying to get rid of them too.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:24 PM   #4
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive
 
Boobs McGee's Avatar
 
till the day that I die

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Glendale
Posts: 5,002

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P
Default

A little off topic...BUT, kind of cool I thought.

Got to go out to Graff's Turf Farm last week (where invesco, dove valley, coors, target, notre dame turf all comes from) and get a tour. While I was there, some incredibly cool members of the broncos turf management team did some speaking and demonstrations. Painted the Broncos logo (full size, just like the one on the fifty) from start to finish, and on the tour gave us THIS nugget of information.

Apparently when U2 tours, they absolutely DESTROY the turf wherever they go. The weight of their stage + the time it's at the locations = lots of dead grass. So, Invesco is actually going to be redone once the concert is over. They're basically going to remove the top layer of thatch (which will presumably be dead) and reinstall new turf. We got to stand on it, examine it etc. Very cool stuff. Ross was very insightful, and the new grass is gonna be amazing.

anywho, sorry for the thread jack, but carry on.
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:07 PM   #5
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,460
Default

U2 still tours?


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:17 PM   #6
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...
 
BlaK-Argentina's Avatar
 
... support your team!

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Villa La Angostura
Posts: 5,102
Default

They suck. Good luck selling those!
BlaK-Argentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:17 PM   #7
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...
 
BlaK-Argentina's Avatar
 
... support your team!

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Villa La Angostura
Posts: 5,102
Default

I mean U2 not the tickets.
BlaK-Argentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:46 AM   #8
_Oro_
Formerly known as Casson
 
_Oro_'s Avatar
 
Don't run that sh*t this way.

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Posts: 1,194

Adopt-a-Bronco:
- R. Ayers
Default

This is great seeing all the U2 hate. I've always despised them and never figured out why they sell so many albums.
_Oro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:13 AM   #9
Meck77
.
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 16,598
Default

I'll trade you a 12 pack of keystone for them?
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:03 AM   #10
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh
 
Flex Gunmetal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: COLORADO
Posts: 3,077

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Oro_ View Post
This is great seeing all the U2 hate. I've always despised them and never figured out why they sell so many albums.
+1 I hate those a-holes
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:56 PM   #11
chawknz
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
chawknz's Avatar
 
Hey now!

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 924

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe
Default

Say what you will about U2, they throw an amazing show. I saw them in DC late last year and it was incredible. Granted, I went mostly to see the opening act, Muse, but U2 was a bonus.
chawknz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:01 PM   #12
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.
 
HAT's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,764

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber
Default

They were in good in the 80's..... Not quite as good as The Alarm, Big Country or Midnight Oil but good nonetheless. Boy is still a great listen (as is War to a certain extent)

They lost me big time with the 90's crap so I really have no idea what their 'modern' stuff is like
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:05 PM   #13
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

I saw U2 at Mile High back in the day (around 1991). U2 can't resist the urge to go political whenever they can, so they started making fun of Bush Sr. This is right after we had won the Gulf War. They felt an urge to make fun of the president at the height of his popularity. Needless to say, most people were like "whatever."

Anyhow, that always stuck with me.

I can understand and American band making a political statement at a concert in the US, but a band from Ireland? Really? Even way back then the band was too self righteous.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:10 PM   #14
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,905

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

U2? Isn't that the Irish band that just keeps playing the same song over and over again?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:14 PM   #15
Kaylore
Genetically Superior
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Because I am better.

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,406

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

I like U2 and you haters can all die.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:20 PM   #16
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I like U2 and you haters can all die.
You mean your wife likes U2 which pretty much means you like U2, correct?

At least you're keeping it real.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:34 PM   #17
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,905

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I like U2 and you haters can all die.
If there is any 80s revival band I would pay to go see it would be The Talking Heads.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:35 PM   #18
Miss I.
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,519
Default

Dammmmnnn. What is with all the hate? Cutler gets more love than these guys.

Yes, I am a girl and I like U2, piss off.


80s had some good stuff. I love Joshua Tree, Boy, War, etc. The 90s less good, and now it's hit or miss, but once upon a time, I really liked those guys. Where the Streets Have No Name. I Still Haven't found what I am looking for (could be a theme song for the search for the Broncos QB now that I think of it). With or Without You (The OM's ode to Jay Cutler and possibly Josh McDaniels).

As for their newer stuff, I do like the Saints Are coming and I'll Go Crazy if I don't go crazy tonight...(again a song that's probably applicable to any number of threads, posts or posters on the OM).

anyway, one opinion and you know what they say about opinions...they are like assh0les, everyone has one (kind of like the OM sometimes).
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:35 PM   #19
Los Broncos
Broncos Country
 
Los Broncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Eastern Utah
Posts: 18,725

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

Who's U2?
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:36 PM   #20
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer
 
Irish Stout's Avatar
 
Run for it Marty!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,817

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
You mean your wife likes U2 which pretty much means you like U2, correct?

At least you're keeping it real.
This applies to me. I'd rather go see Bruce Springstein or a Rockies game personally.

Rhymesayer - sent you a pm.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:36 PM   #21
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,905

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
Dammmmnnn. What is with all the hate? Cutler gets more love than these guys.

Yes, I am a girl and I like U2, piss off.


80s had some good stuff. I love Joshua Tree, Boy, War, etc. The 90s less good, and now it's hit or miss, but once upon a time, I really liked those guys. Where the Streets Have No Name. I Still Haven't found what I am looking for (could be a theme song for the search for the Broncos QB now that I think of it). With or Without You (The OM's ode to Jay Cutler and possibly Josh McDaniels).

As for their newer stuff, I do like the Saints Are coming and I'll Go Crazy if I don't go crazy tonight...(again a song that's probably applicable to any number of threads, posts or posters on the OM).

anyway, one opinion and you know what they say about opinions...they are like assh0les, everyone has one (kind of like the OM sometimes).

Geez, relax. Nobody is hating. I'm just wondering why they were never able to come up with more than five notes?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:40 PM   #22
Miss I.
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Geez, relax. Nobody is hating. I'm just wondering why they were never able to come up with more than five notes?
I beg to differ

Originally Posted by _Oro_
This is great seeing all the U2 hate. I've always despised them and never figured out why they sell so many albums.

followed shortly by this post
+1 I hate those a-holes

So definitely hate, but whatever, I have good childhood memories of them so it is what it is . It's not like I like Coldplay or something.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:46 PM   #23
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,050

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
They were in good in the 80's..... Not quite as good as The Alarm, Big Country or Midnight Oil but good nonetheless. Boy is still a great listen (as is War to a certain extent)

They lost me big time with the 90's crap so I really have no idea what their 'modern' stuff is like
Midnight Oil rep.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:51 PM   #24
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,217

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
So this may be an odd post coming from one of those suburbanite rap kids like me... But I have 2 tickets to U2 I need to get rid of, and was wondering if anybody was interested. They're lower level tickets, section 112 which is a straight view of the stage (i.e., not off to the side at an angle) and I think pretty decent seats.

Anybody interested? I know I'm tipping my hand a bit here, but I'm just going to flat-out say I'm not looking to rape people on prices. I'd like to get my money back on them but I need to unload and willing to negotiate on prices. I'd rather somebody use them then they sit on my desk unused. Hoping for a quick PayPal transaction and I'll FedEx tickets next day.

Shoot me a PM or reply and whatnot.
why would anyone pay to see that Choad, Bono?
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:10 PM   #25
FADERPROOF
Twitter: FNRoleModel
 
FADERPROOF's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eastlake OH
Posts: 17,115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chawknz View Post
Say what you will about U2, they throw an amazing show. I saw them in DC late last year and it was incredible. Granted, I went mostly to see the opening act, Muse, but U2 was a bonus.
When people are going to U2 concerts to see Muse, that pretty much sums up all anyone needs to know about u2 right there...
FADERPROOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:04 AM.


Denver Broncos