The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Before Tebow takes the job (assuming he does)...
I want Orton to start, and he will. 62 56.88%
I want Quinn to start, and he will. 20 18.35%
I want Orton to start, but Quinn will. 4 3.67%
I want Quinn to start, but Orton will. 23 21.10%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2010, 08:23 PM   #1
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway
Default Assuming Tebow is not starting to begin the season, who is?

Back in March, I conucted a poll of the Mane in which 65% believed Orton would retain his starting position over Quinn (http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=90010). Since then, with the drafting of Tebow, I've noticed a bit of change here on the Mane and across town. Prior to the draft there seemed to be a feeling that Orton was solid in his first year of the system and he could be even better in year two. But following the drafting of Tebow there has not only been pure Orton-hate, but I've read at least a few posts and spoken to a few people locally that think Orton should/could be dealt while Quinn would start until Tebow is ready. So I ask, assuming Tebow does not begin the season as starter - which scenerio are you in line with to begin the season in terms of what you want and what you expect to happen?

Last edited by montrose; 05-09-2010 at 08:25 PM..
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2010, 08:35 PM   #2
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Orton is the starter, he's not going anywhere unless some team blows the Broncos front office away with an offer. There's two Quarterbacks in Quinn and Tebow that we have not seen handle McD's offense in a live game. Let's see what they can do first before we do anything with Orton.

We don't need to rush things here, let them fight it out and earn it.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:36 PM   #3
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

I'd prefer Orton but if Quinn beats him out....Fine. Trading either would be fairly dumb though IMO.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:39 PM   #4
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Didn't see the Brandstater option.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:47 PM   #5
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Orton is the starter, he's not going anywhere unless some team blows the Broncos front office away with an offer. There's two Quarterbacks in Quinn and Tebow that we have not seen handle McD's offense in a live game. Let's see what they can do first before we do anything with Orton.

We don't need to rush things here, let them fight it out and earn it.
I totally agree, in fact I believe Orton is a MUCH better QB in this system, right now than any of our other options. However, it just seems that, for whatever reason, Tebow's selection just further spawned people wanting Orton out of town by any means necessary - as if the guy couldn't complete a pass. Not sold on him as a big-time, SB caliber QB? I get it. Acting as if he's so incompetent the team wins in spite of him - that I dont get.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:52 PM   #6
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
Back in March, I conucted a poll of the Mane in which 65% believed Orton would retain his starting position over Quinn (http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=90010). Since then, with the drafting of Tebow, I've noticed a bit of change here on the Mane and across town. Prior to the draft there seemed to be a feeling that Orton was solid in his first year of the system and he could be even better in year two. But following the drafting of Tebow there has not only been pure Orton-hate, but I've read at least a few posts and spoken to a few people locally that think Orton should/could be dealt while Quinn would start until Tebow is ready. So I ask, assuming Tebow does not begin the season as starter - which scenerio are you in line with to begin the season in terms of what you want and what you expect to happen?
you are pretty acute at diagnosing the state o'the mane...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:57 PM   #7
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I want whoever can win the job to start. I couldn't care less which one it is, so long as they give us the best chance to win. At this moment, I guess that's Orton for me.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:03 PM   #8
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Whichever of those two that is the least crappy.

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:58 PM   #9
no-pseudo-fan
True Orange & Blue

Follow me...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hidalgo

I am not a Quinn fan, but I really think that he starts the season as the Broncos QB.
no-pseudo-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:06 PM   #10
OCBronco
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I've thought that this situation is analogous to the Bledsoe situation in New England in a number of ways. Like Bledsoe, Orton is a guy who wins just enough games to keep his job. He also is a statue, just like Bledsoe. And he gets hurt enough to be a problem, just like Bledsoe. (Bledsoe had a better arm, I admit.) I figure the job is Orton's until Quinn and/or Tebow can learn enough behind him. Then at the first injury, Orton probably loses his job just like Bledsoe did.
OCBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:08 PM   #11
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

As of today, Orton.

Depending on how things go this summer...could remain Orton, could be Quinn, could be Tebow.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:20 PM   #12
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
As of today, Orton.

Depending on how things go this summer...could remain Orton, could be Quinn, could be Tebow.

Pretty sure one of those is ruled out in the thread title, chief.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:21 PM   #13
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...

... support your team!

I voted Orton but I, like Taco, could care less who it is as long as he's the right choice. Between Orton and Quinn, I like Orton the person a hell of a lot more but I'm not so sure Quinn can't do what Orton does and do it better.

So I guess it's Orton for me RIGHT NOW but this whole situation is crazy. And the season is still four months away!!
BlaK-Argentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:31 PM   #14
listopencil
[sarcasm]text[/sarcasm]

BOOM! Winner.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Broncos FO

I think Orton starts based on experience and "game manager" ability. I would assume that if Quinn were the kind of QB that could come in and immediately take over from Orton we wouldn't have been able to get him.
listopencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:33 PM   #15
Mr. Trout
World Champion

I wonder what Tebow would think of this thread. How dare someone imply that Tebow will not start the season opener. hahaha
Mr. Trout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:49 PM   #16
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Don't really care as I don't see either having the ability to win a Super Bowl for us. Whatever one sucks less in training camp / pre-season and is able to buy Tebow the needed time to develop. Hopefully they both don't suck so bad that Tebow ends up starting. That would be horrible.
Atwater His Ass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:59 PM   #17
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

I'd say Quinn.
Let me ask you this question...
Assuming that this would be the first year in the Broncos offense for both Quinn and Orton. First timers both, forget that Orton played last year. With the understanding that Mcdaniels would tailor his offense to fit Quinn and Orton's abilities, which one would you feel more comfortable with in leading our offense under the McDaniels tutoring?
I'd say Quinn hands down. He has better physical skills than Orton any day, and if Quinn was to start from scratch this year, knowing that Quinn is already familiar with our offense, there's no question in my mind that he would be by far the better choice...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:07 AM   #18
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
Pretty sure one of those is ruled out in the thread title, chief.

Psh. Rules.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 04:19 AM   #19
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

I would be disapointed if Orton continues to start. I like the way he played for the team last year but the guy is severely limited.

If Orton is starting for all of the season then it pretty much means guys like Quinn and Tebow who we paid so much for are too crappy to beat out a very good backup QB.
fontaine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:06 AM   #20
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Orton will have the first opportunity at the job. And, he should. IMO, the meltdown in the second half of the season had more to do with the breakdown on defense, rather than anything Orton and the offense did...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:18 AM   #21
FireFly
Ring of Famer

The window is open!

I want Quinn to start. I actually think he has the potential to be the best of all of them.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:18 AM   #22
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
Orton will have the first opportunity at the job. And, he should. IMO, the meltdown in the second half of the season had more to do with the breakdown on defense, rather than anything Orton and the offense did...
Both had part in the meltdown...
Our offense wasn't stellar either. Both Orton's and Moreno's numbers on the second half were dismal...
This just confirms what everybody else is saying. Orton has to have a stellar defense around him to be able to win in the NFL.
Any other way, and he's doomed...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:18 AM   #23
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I want whoever can win the job to start. I couldn't care less which one it is, so long as they give us the best chance to win. At this moment, I guess that's Orton for me.
I ****ing hate agreeing with Taco so much lately.

This sucks.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:22 AM   #24
BroncoSojia
Go Broncos

Thanks Champ for the past 10 years

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bey Bey Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
Don't really care as I don't see either having the ability to win a Super Bowl for us. Whatever one sucks less in training camp / pre-season and is able to buy Tebow the needed time to develop. Hopefully they both don't suck so bad that Tebow ends up starting. That would be horrible.
this
BroncoSojia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:24 AM   #25
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

curious to see how brandstater fits in all of this. i think the QB competition will go into the season, well have a few different QBs start this year for various reasons.
tsiguy96 is online now   Reply With Quote