The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2010, 10:57 AM   #1
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Default Big Government & Big Education out of control

this is almost unbelievable, except that we all know that this sort of CONTROL over every aspect of our lives is what the nameless, faceless, progressive bureaucrats crave. they write and implement these regulations without any sort of oversight by the voters and taxpayers.

http://www.khou.com/news/Candy-Gets-...-93033319.html

...looking forward to the mental gymnastics all you smarmy liberals are going to go through to try and justify this as appropriate.

BTW, this is OT of course, but we are in off-season mode so have at it...
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2010, 11:05 AM   #2
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

As stupid as the zero tolerance enforced, where 3rd graders are suspended for days for bringing a plastic knife to school to cut an apple, a day suspension for chewing gum in class or a 5th grader suspended for defending himself while 3 other kids kick the crap out of him, that was implemented during the Bush I administration. I know because I put up with it. It's all stupid, there needs to be a sense of reality. I have no problem with trying to get our kids to eat better, but a week suspension for one candy?
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:14 AM   #3
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
As stupid as the zero tolerance enforced, where 3rd graders are suspended for days for bringing a plastic knife to school to cut an apple, a day suspension for chewing gum in class or a 5th grader suspended for defending himself while 3 other kids kick the crap out of him, that was implemented during the Bush I administration. I know because I put up with it. It's all stupid, there needs to be a sense of reality. I have no problem with trying to get our kids to eat better, but a week suspension for one candy?
it's not really the president doing this stuff... it's the entrenched anonymous bureaucracy that exists almost untouched from one administration to the next. you can't fire them because you don't know who they are until stories like this come out, but there are tens of thousands of people working on all sorts of regulations that affect every aspect of our lives. under Clinton, they outlawed certain types of toilets. under Bush II, they started the ban on incandescent lightbulbs. it never stops. this is what happens with big government and an "elite" ruling class that thinks it knows best how you should live your life. i'm sick of them all... but i'm mostly sick of the people who think that we need a government to do exactly this sort of thing. my attitude is that the government has only 3 duties: defend our borders, deliver our mail, and stay the hell out of our lives!
Old 05-08-2010, 11:15 AM   #4
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Suspended for a week because of one jolly rancher? Thats just ****ing stupid.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:19 AM   #5
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
it's not really the president doing this stuff... it's the entrenched anonymous bureaucracy that exists almost untouched from one administration to the next. you can't fire them because you don't know who they are until stories like this come out, but there are tens of thousands of people working on all sorts of regulations that affect every aspect of our lives. under Clinton, they outlawed certain types of toilets. under Bush II, they started the ban on incandescent lightbulbs. it never stops. this is what happens with big government and an "elite" ruling class that thinks it knows best how you should live your life. i'm sick of them all... but i'm mostly sick of the people who think that we need a government to do exactly this sort of thing. my attitude is that the government has only 3 duties: defend our borders, deliver our mail, and stay the hell out of our lives!
Hmmm, then I have to wonder why the "smarmy liberal" comment. If it's each administration and some anonymous bureaucracy. After the huge government under Bush, I'd say Big Government has become both conservative and liberal.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:38 AM   #6
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

This country has been going down the ****ter for a while. Everyone is too stupid to live their own life and make their own decisions when it comes to the government.

Sadly this is true in many respects. People are stupid. But ironically people also run the government (who'd have guessed), and the majority of those with all the power are manipulative and complete ****ing idiots.

It's about getting people used to stuff. Once you get an entire generation used to control over their lives, it becomes the norm. The people who were around before that die off eventually. That's why we're seeing so many needy, adult kids.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:44 AM   #7
littlebear
Just Drafted

Default MSM doesn't have a clue

By their own admission the "pc" crowd now refers to themselves as "secular
progressives". Still trying to pimp the global warming scam, brainwashing
our kids & apologizing for America's greatness. They have yet been unable
to figure out why the TEA PARTIES are forming......
littlebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:54 AM   #8
fdf
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Hmmm, then I have to wonder why the "smarmy liberal" comment. If it's each administration and some anonymous bureaucracy. After the huge government under Bush, I'd say Big Government has become both conservative and liberal.
I used to complain a lot about excess spending and increase in gvt regulation under Bush. I would joke that Bush was spending like a drunken democrat. Turns out, I had no idea what drunken democrats could do if they controlled congress and the presidency.

The deficits are so ridiculous now, we are almost desensitized to them. Noone in human history has ever come close to a 1.5 trillion deficit before--it's more than 10 times the size of the 2006 deficits. (That was the last year Bush and the R's had control of congress was 2006.) The deficit in 2006 was 150 billion.

I thought $150 billion was way too much. I criticized Bush and the R congress for it rather loudly. I objected to TARP. But at least TARP was a one time excessive expenditure--not year after year. But after just one year of unchallengable rule by the left, the deficit is about $1,500 billion as far as the eye can see. Today, I would be grateful to get back to $150 billion some time in my life although I don't see any possibility of that.

The Republicans suck in a lot of ways--so we share a lot of cynicism about the political system. But at a very minimum, this administration has to be subject to some serious checks and balances. Unfortunately, the American public tossed out the checks and balances in 2008. Unchecked rule by the left has been an unmitigated disaster and my son will be paying for their misrule 50 years from now. I'll be dead as will all the jerks who have orchestrated this disaster, knowing exactly what they are doing. But at least they got to pay off their political contributers with my son's inheritance. They won. We (America) lost.
fdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:59 AM   #9
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebear View Post
By their own admission the "pc" crowd now refers to themselves as "secular
progressives". Still trying to pimp the global warming scam, brainwashing
our kids & apologizing for America's greatness. They have yet been unable
to figure out why the TEA PARTIES are forming......
You've been here for five years and your fourth post is this garbage?
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:01 PM   #10
Obushma
Ring of Famer

Bring your lunch pail

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Zane Beadles

Obushma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:03 PM   #11
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdf View Post
I used to complain a lot about excess spending and increase in gvt regulation under Bush. I would joke that Bush was spending like a drunken democrat. Turns out, I had no idea what drunken democrats could do if they controlled congress and the presidency.

The deficits are so ridiculous now, we are almost desensitized to them. Noone in human history has ever come close to a 1.5 trillion deficit before--it's more than 10 times the size of the 2006 deficits. (That was the last year Bush and the R's had control of congress was 2006.) The deficit in 2006 was 150 billion.

I thought $150 billion was way too much. I criticized Bush and the R congress for it rather loudly. I objected to TARP. But at least TARP was a one time excessive expenditure--not year after year. But after just one year of unchallengable rule by the left, the deficit is about $1,500 billion as far as the eye can see. Today, I would be grateful to get back to $150 billion some time in my life although I don't see any possibility of that.

The Republicans suck in a lot of ways--so we share a lot of cynicism about the political system. But at a very minimum, this administration has to be subject to some serious checks and balances. Unfortunately, the American public tossed out the checks and balances in 2008. Unchecked rule by the left has been an unmitigated disaster and my son will be paying for their misrule 50 years from now. I'll be dead as will all the jerks who have orchestrated this disaster, knowing exactly what they are doing. But at least they got to pay off their political contributers with my son's inheritance. They won. We (America) lost.
I agree with a lot of what you say, but the deficits under Bush were a lot higher than what you listed , because he never included ANY of the costs of the Iraq war in his budgets. When that is included his deficit in 2007-8 was at 1.1 trillion. And the Executive branch sets the Budget....Which Congress promptly messes up by including all the perks each district includes.

Anyway, yes the deficit is out of control....but it has been for at least 10 years now.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:04 PM   #12
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Common sense has been shot in the back of the head and buried in the desert.

Old 05-08-2010, 12:04 PM   #13
BroncosSR
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
this is almost unbelievable, except that we all know that this sort of CONTROL over every aspect of our lives is what the nameless, faceless, progressive bureaucrats crave. they write and implement these regulations without any sort of oversight by the voters and taxpayers.

http://www.khou.com/news/Candy-Gets-...-93033319.html

...looking forward to the mental gymnastics all you smarmy liberals are going to go through to try and justify this as appropriate.

BTW, this is OT of course, but we are in off-season mode so have at it...
Your welcome to get the **** out...

We stood through your 8 years of stupidity...
BroncosSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:06 PM   #14
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosSR View Post

...so you admit the Obama administration is stupid?

Honesty is so refreshing.

Old 05-08-2010, 12:06 PM   #15
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
neither Bush was a conservative. not by any stretch of the imagination.

maybe "smarmy liberal" is a bit much, but liberals are the ones always telling everyone else how to live their lives. for example, Bloomberg in NYC (a liberal) is working on passing an ordinance to prevent restaurants from adding salt to their food, because he considers salt bad for people. forget customer's choice. he wants the government to determine which behaviors are good and bad and to criminalize what he considers to be bad.

the government in DC is a monstrosity that our founding fathers would abhor. both political parties are responsible for the mess.

you might be surprised at how much anger we conservatives have toward both Bushes at this point. for a hundred different reasons too!
Old 05-08-2010, 12:09 PM   #16
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosSR View Post

it's my country, not yours. you leave. you'd love France.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:24 PM   #17
bombquixote
Ring of Famer

11-5 in 2009

Quote:
it's my country, not yours.
I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say...ours.
bombquixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:29 PM   #18
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
This country has been going down the ****ter for a while. Everyone is too stupid to live their own life and make their own decisions when it comes to the government.

Sadly this is true in many respects. People are stupid. But ironically people also run the government (who'd have guessed), and the majority of those with all the power are manipulative and complete ****ing idiots.

It's about getting people used to stuff. Once you get an entire generation used to control over their lives, it becomes the norm. The people who were around before that die off eventually. That's why we're seeing so many needy, adult kids.
This is so true !

Many of you will never know what a truly great country we once had. It breaks my heart.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:06 PM   #19
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombquixote View Post
I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say...ours.
actually, it's owned by the Chicoms now. we're all squatters until they get around to evicting us.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:32 PM   #20
Que
Gettin' some

Just the tip

Whois... You're are insult to your nick namesake. This sort of thing has been going on in schools for decades. Nothing new here. Plus, check the county/state. That's tea party territory there...
Que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:37 PM   #21
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que View Post
Whois... You're are insult to your nick namesake. This sort of thing has been going on in schools for decades. Nothing new here. Plus, check the county/state. That's tea party territory there...
Dept. of Education & Dept. of Agriculture write the federal rules. those are DC bureaucracies. Austin, TX is the capitol of Texas. very liberal. they write statewide rules. schoolteachers are members of the NEA and subsidiary unions. very liberal. these stupid rules are not something that tea party people created.

the username is not a namesake. the username is not JohnGalt. it's WhoIsJohnGalt. that has a very precise meaning. read the book.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:48 PM   #22
OrangenBlueOhio
Solid Starter

Orange Crush please, Mr. Fox

It seems to me everyone would like to see something besides a Democrat or Republican in charge, why can't we get it done? Is there some kind of underground alliance that infiltrates every independent movement to derail it. People have been complaining about politics as usual for years, yet we still get the same old same ole. I guess we truly are cows.
OrangenBlueOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:50 PM   #23
OrangenBlueOhio
Solid Starter

Orange Crush please, Mr. Fox

How's the grass over there taste?
OrangenBlueOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:51 PM   #24
Obushma
Ring of Famer

Bring your lunch pail

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Zane Beadles

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangenBlueOhio View Post
It seems to me everyone would like to see something besides a Democrat or Republican in charge, why can't we get it done? Is there some kind of underground alliance that infiltrates every independent movement to derail it. People have been complaining about politics as usual for years, yet we still get the same old same ole. I guess we truly are cows.
It's because 80% of the population is dumb as ****. As you've been here two years, i'm sure you've witnessed that number here.

TJ did a nice job of explaining it here....
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=89496

Last edited by Obushma; 05-08-2010 at 01:53 PM..
Obushma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 02:03 PM   #25
Paladin
Ring of Famer

"School officials in Brazos County are defending the seemingly harsh sentence. The school’s principal and superintendent said they were simply complying with a state law that limits junk food in schools."

Well, I'd say that the National government had nothing to do with this incidend. It's a fuggin STATE LAW, dipstick. Maybe you should rail against the School Board or maybe the State of Texas.

But doin't let logic interfere here. It is so cute to see teabaggers and wanabes crack up. It's so cute and gives great lessons in irony.

Is it dumb to rail against the Federal Government for a State law? Or actions of a LOCAL SCHOOL BOARD?

Lotta dumb ***s out there, aren't there?t

Last edited by Paladin; 05-08-2010 at 02:19 PM..
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote