The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2010, 05:31 AM   #1
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Default can somebody tell me...

... why the Broncos have away games at Baltimore in consecutive seasons? we had to go there in 2009 and have to go there again in 2010? that's seems awfully unfair to me. the Indianapolis Cowpies never get tough scheduling like that. **** Goodell and his weasly schedule makers!

aside - Baltimore Colts fans were truly knowledgeable NFL fans. however, Ravens fans are knuckledragging morons with their hats turned sideways who think they are toughguys. i really hate them (and i was born and raised in Maryland). i mean i REALLY REALLY hate them already, but the way they are enjoying "Ray Ray the serial killer's" smacktalk about Tebow is making me hate them even more.

Last edited by Gort; 05-08-2010 at 06:11 AM..
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2010, 06:08 AM   #2
gtown
Perennial Pro-bowler

Hoya Saxa!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juggernaut #46

It's the John Elway tax. We have to play in Baltimore every season to repay both the city of Baltimore and the previous Browns franchise for all the things John did in his career to make their lives painful.
gtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 06:14 AM   #3
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Better Question:

Why the hell are we playing in Arizona and hosting Seattle next year? That's what we did in 2006, so really we should be hosting the Cards this year and travelling to play the Seahawks shouldn't we? How did that get flipped?
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 06:45 AM   #4
orange&blue87
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The NFL schedules are set years in advance. Denver likely played at Baltimore because they played at Baltimore as part of the AFC West vs AFC North scheduling and it was Denver at Baltimore. Then this season they play at Baltimore because they play at same seed AFC North in 2010, which is Baltimore. It could have been Cincy, Cleveland or Pittsburgh but neither finished 2nd last season.

The NFL schedule is cyclical and far from random or unfair. Denver has had a bit of bad luck because they have finished the same as Indy in '08 (forcing game at Indy) and Baltimore in '09 (game at Baltimore), but got NE at home last season and I believe this year is 2nd place AFC South at home... I don't have a schedule in front of me.
orange&blue87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 06:52 AM   #5
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange&blue87 View Post
The NFL schedules are set years in advance. Denver likely played at Baltimore because they played at Baltimore as part of the AFC West vs AFC North scheduling and it was Denver at Baltimore. Then this season they play at Baltimore because they play at same seed AFC North in 2010, which is Baltimore. It could have been Cincy, Cleveland or Pittsburgh but neither finished 2nd last season.

The NFL schedule is cyclical and far from random or unfair. Denver has had a bit of bad luck because they have finished the same as Indy in '08 (forcing game at Indy) and Baltimore in '09 (game at Baltimore), but got NE at home last season and I believe this year is 2nd place AFC South at home... I don't have a schedule in front of me.
Opponents are set years in advance but location isn't.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 08:15 AM   #6
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer

GO Bison Kick OU

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSchism View Post
Better Question:

Why the hell are we playing in Arizona and hosting Seattle next year? That's what we did in 2006, so really we should be hosting the Cards this year and travelling to play the Seahawks shouldn't we? How did that get flipped?
They switched partnered teams from Arizona and St. Louis to Arizona and San Fran so that teams don't travel to Seattle and San Fran in the same season. It happened last year, or the year before...don't remember when.
missingnumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:52 AM   #7
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

I think it has to do with they beat our ass's everytime we play them
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:55 AM   #8
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
They switched partnered teams from Arizona and St. Louis to Arizona and San Fran so that teams don't travel to Seattle and San Fran in the same season. It happened last year, or the year before...don't remember when.
Yeah I was bummed by this switch ...had been planning to go see the Broncos in Seattle this year..then they switched it around.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:02 AM   #9
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange&blue87 View Post

What I also find interesting regarding the schedule is how the Broncos can't open at home on a Sunday anymore due to CBS. CBS has either a major golf event or major tennis event (I can't remember which) and therefore cannot show a game at the 2:15 MST time under any circumstances. I read that a year or so ago, and it was one of those things that kind of blew my mind just because you never think of all the other non-football stuff (network obligations, etc) that help shape a season's schedule.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:59 AM   #10
orange&blue87
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by McApaOps5 View Post
Opponents are set years in advance but location isn't.
The seeded interdivision AFC rivals have followed a strong pattern since the league reformatted in 2002. For Denver, the pattern has been as follows...

Year -- Broncos away game -- Broncos home game
02 - north south
03 - south east
04 - north east
05 - south north
06 - east south
07 - east north
08 - north south
09 - south east
10 - north east

Since this pattern has repeated itself for the third time and followed an alternating pattern among the "sets" (ie: north - south or south - east) it seems that the locations are in fact predetermined.

Since there are three divisions that Denver plays, they go back to back on the road vs east opponent in consecutive years but they also get the east back to back at home.
orange&blue87 is offline   Reply With Quote