The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2010, 12:04 AM   #1
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1
Default Mothers day!

This is a public announcement that Sunday is Mother's Day - the one day you can't mess up.

Here's a little advice so take it for what its worth:
Don't ask her what she wants, or what she wants to do, where she want to go! Think of something on your own and make it happen. Surprise her! Please, no stupid questions for her today. Do not ask her something that she have repeated year after year, time and time again. Take a leap of faith....get inspired by your new Tebow leader and perform off the field this year.

NO's:
- no vacs...don't let them sell you on the dual bag
- thoughtless gifts like a cd comprised of a bunch of photos suck
- workout gear is a bad idea
- no gym memberships on this day...maybe her birthday and if she enjoys working it

I say mother, this hotdog has been on my plate for a full minute and it hasn't cut itself. - Stewie Griffin

"I had such a crush on her. Until I met you Lois. You're my silver medal." - Peter

YO's:

- do and fold some laundry if your in the poor house...sometimes a weeks worth of kind acts can teach the kids what true appreciation is....not just a craft from school thats been wadded up in the backpack.
- flowers are a given...but nature made those, so don't 'get by' thinking 'that'll cover it' - don't take credit for making something you didn't - do more
- Candles are cool...when added with something else that shows your effort
- Gift Cards work...but watching the kids for a day while she goes to shop is even better
- Gift Baskets show effort and thought...your a Broncos fan - we expect effort to the 110%
- Body oils and home spa treatments - definitely a nice touch but one good pass won't win the game
- home decor is a touchy one....better yet, fix that damn squeaky hinge or broken piece of trim she's been buggin about. Make yourself useful this weekend....it's the superbowl for moms.
- Sweets - they gotta be her favorite but should never go solo.
- Greenery - if she likes to 'tend' things this is gonna make her day
- Perfume - I hate shopping for this one and typically revert to the standard brands of Chanel - can't play this card every other year or even 2wice in 5 years or she'll think that's all your programmed for.

In the end, when she's thinking your the best thing ever - tell her that she really does do a great job as your wife or mom. Too many men leave the words of appreciation out of their gifts when these (for women) can have the most meaning.

Tebow's in town...your a new man now. Do your job.
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2010, 12:58 AM   #2
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

This include married men with small children. Off to the store tomorrow so they can buy flowers, card or whatever. My job is to make her a tasty breakfast. Of course we dont see our ladies grilling in the scorching heat on Father's Day. Probably because we dont want any females touching our power cooker. Propane or bust.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 07:10 AM   #3
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Wife has to work today so looks like I've got about 6 good hours to come up with something.
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 08:03 AM   #4
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

I love brunch.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:43 AM   #5
mr007
I'm not your buddy, guy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

All I know is every mother's day needs a mother's night.

Last edited by mr007; 05-08-2010 at 09:46 AM..
mr007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:14 AM   #6
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Bronco View Post
This is a public announcement that Sunday is Mother's Day - the one day you can't mess up.

Here's a little advice so take it for what its worth:
Don't ask her what she wants, or what she wants to do, where she want to go! Think of something on your own and make it happen. Surprise her! Please, no stupid questions for her today. Do not ask her something that she have repeated year after year, time and time again. Take a leap of faith....get inspired by your new Tebow leader and perform off the field this year.

NO's:
- no vacs...don't let them sell you on the dual bag
- thoughtless gifts like a cd comprised of a bunch of photos suck
- workout gear is a bad idea
- no gym memberships on this day...maybe her birthday and if she enjoys working it

I say mother, this hotdog has been on my plate for a full minute and it hasn't cut itself. - Stewie Griffin

"I had such a crush on her. Until I met you Lois. You're my silver medal." - Peter

YO's:

- do and fold some laundry if your in the poor house...sometimes a weeks worth of kind acts can teach the kids what true appreciation is....not just a craft from school thats been wadded up in the backpack.
- flowers are a given...but nature made those, so don't 'get by' thinking 'that'll cover it' - don't take credit for making something you didn't - do more
- Candles are cool...when added with something else that shows your effort
- Gift Cards work...but watching the kids for a day while she goes to shop is even better
- Gift Baskets show effort and thought...your a Broncos fan - we expect effort to the 110%
- Body oils and home spa treatments - definitely a nice touch but one good pass won't win the game
- home decor is a touchy one....better yet, fix that damn squeaky hinge or broken piece of trim she's been buggin about. Make yourself useful this weekend....it's the superbowl for moms.
- Sweets - they gotta be her favorite but should never go solo.
- Greenery - if she likes to 'tend' things this is gonna make her day
- Perfume - I hate shopping for this one and typically revert to the standard brands of Chanel - can't play this card every other year or even 2wice in 5 years or she'll think that's all your programmed for.

In the end, when she's thinking your the best thing ever - tell her that she really does do a great job as your wife or mom. Too many men leave the words of appreciation out of their gifts when these (for women) can have the most meaning.

Tebow's in town...your a new man now. Do your job.
Very good list. On the last part saying she's the best is great but having it written down is even better, something she can save. Gift cards are nice but she likes to see your personal touch. Personally leave the flowers in the ground for everyone to enjoy. They are nice but for a spur of the moment nicety. The best thing is just show her you love her and be sincere about it. Treat her like Queen for a Day.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:40 AM   #7
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

I ordered my mother all 3 seasons of Arrested Development. She's never seen it and I think she'll love it.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:01 AM   #8
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

I hand made a card, doesn't look real good but it's the thought that counts. Has some nice sentimental words in it and some pics of us, the kids and her parents. Should go over ok I hope.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:30 PM   #9
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Taking my mom out for coffee with friends tomorrow morning, then will hit a bookstore and then make dinner.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote