The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2010, 10:28 AM   #1
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default Lawrence Taylor accused of raping a 16-year-old

Hall of Fame linebacker Taylor accused of rape
51-year-old former New York Giants great allegedly commits crime in hotel

SUFFERN, N.Y. - Football Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor was arrested Thursday in connection with a reported rape in the New York City suburbs, police said. The victim reportedly was a 15-year-old girl.

Ramapo Detective Lt. Brad Weidel said the former New York Giants linebacker had not been formally charged, but that police were investigating a reported rape that occurred earlier Thursday at a hotel in Montebello.

According to lohud.com, the victim was underage and was beaten during the attack. Taylor was charged with third-degree rape, the web site reported.

Police said they would hold a news conference Thursday afternoon. They did not immediately respond to questions about the circumstances of the arrest and whether Taylor, 51, had a lawyer.

Taylor was inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame in 1999 and competed in ABC’s “Dancing With the Stars” last year. He had a highly publicized struggle with drug addiction and has had multiple legal run-ins in retirement.

A quick, fierce and athletic linebacker who redefined his position, Taylor anchored the Giants’ defense and led New York to Super Bowls titles in 1987 and 1991. He was selected to the NFL’s 75th Anniversary All-Time Team.

A 10-time Pro Bowler, he was the NFL Most Valuable Player in 1986 and the NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 1981, 1982 and 1986. He recorded 132.5 sacks, which doesn’t included the 9.5 sacks in 1981 when the statistic wasn’t official.

In 2001, Taylor was convicted of possessing drug paraphernalia in New Jersey. The conviction stemmed from the September 1998 discovery in a hotel room of a butane torch and other materials commonly used to smoke crack.

In 1996 and 1997, he was arrested in South Carolina and Florida on drug charges. In those cases, he either admitted his guilt or agreed to enter a pretrial intervention program.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36987069...-nfl?GT1=43001

In 2000, he drew five years of federal probation for filing false tax returns and for tax evasion.

Last edited by Old Dude; 05-07-2010 at 11:17 AM.. Reason: 16, not 15
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2010, 10:30 AM   #2
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Wtf
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:33 AM   #3
mizzoutigers
Seasoned Veteran

and who's shocked by this
mizzoutigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:35 AM   #4
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

He must be back on the crack.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:35 AM   #5
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Damn, that's some ugly ****.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:36 AM   #6
TheDave
Sauced...

LT has to be the poster child for the phrase "million dollar talent, 10 cent head"...
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:38 AM   #7
Dogsweat

Lawrence Rothlisburger, I wonder what the league will do?
Dogsweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:39 AM   #8
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

The Journal News reported that Taylor is being charged with third-degree rape, a charge involving intercourse with a minor.

According to the newspaper, the alleged victim in the case is a 15-year-old girl who apparently is a runaway from New York City. The girl was treated at a hospital following the incident, according to the Journal News.

"She was a runaway since March and there was a pimp involved," Christopher P. St. Lawrence, the supervisor of the town of Ramapo, told the Journal News. "She got punched in the face. We're not sure who did it."

An uncle of the girl contacted New York City police, according to the Journal News.
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:43 AM   #9
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogsweat View Post
Lawrence Rothlisburger, I wonder what the league will do?
Nothing. OJ Simpson is still in the HOF and he killed two people. League will use LT as an example to younger players of what they don't want anymore in the NFL.
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:51 AM   #10
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Your move roethlisberger
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:00 AM   #11
Dogsweat

Quote:
Nothing. OJ Simpson is still in the HOF and he killed two people. League will use LT as an example to younger players of what they don't want anymore in the NFL.
Even--- if this is in the peodophile realm?

LT=Likes Teenagers

Last edited by Dogsweat; 05-06-2010 at 12:13 PM..
Dogsweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:01 AM   #12
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Bad karma for beating the Broncos in 1987... been waiting for this for 23 years....
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:07 AM   #13
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I didn't believe it at first, especially the way the first story was writte, until it was released that she was a hooker and the beating could have come from the pimp. I don't see LT, for all his stupidity, as someone who would attack and rape someone, especially a young girl. I DO see him as someone who would order a hooker, not realize she was underage (don't ask, don't tell), something goes wrong or the girl doesn't pay daddy all she's supposed to, gets beat up by the pimp, goes to hospital, everything gets leaked, and then he gets busted for sex with a minor. Yes, that seems like him.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:10 AM   #14
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I didn't believe it at first, especially the way the first story was writte, until it was released that she was a hooker and the beating could have come from the pimp. I don't see LT, for all his stupidity, as someone who would attack and rape someone, especially a young girl. I DO see him as someone who would order a hooker, not realize she was underage (don't ask, don't tell), something goes wrong or the girl doesn't pay daddy all she's supposed to, gets beat up by the pimp, goes to hospital, everything gets leaked, and then he gets busted for sex with a minor. Yes, that seems like him.

Bill Parcells said a few years ago, "Lawrence is all about channeling. There is so much boiling and roiling inside that man, he needs a way for those things to come out. As a football player it was easy. I know the challenges he faces to deal with those internal issues every day now that he isn’t playing every day.”
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:34 AM   #15
BroncoSojia
Go Broncos

Thanks Champ for the past 10 years

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bey Bey Thomas

"Which brings me to my next point"

BroncoSojia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:39 AM   #16
mizzoutigers
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
I respect your posts, but come on man, how do you not think LT would rape or attack someone
mizzoutigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:43 AM   #17
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
This sounds right. Would have to say growing up in NYC in the eighties Taylor was one of my favorite all-time players. These guys definitely are not role models. Last week it was Tiger, this week it is Taylor, and next week it will be someone else.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:45 AM   #18
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Or Michael Irvin.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:48 AM   #19
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

I heard on the light rail that her pimp's name is Atiim Kiambu Hakeem-ah Barber.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:04 PM   #20
boppool
Ring of Famer

Superbowl or bust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoSojia View Post
"Which brings me to my next point"

That clip was exactly what I was thinking when saw the news
boppool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:14 PM   #21
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Yeah, thats what it kinda seems like to me. The girl ran away from home and became a prostitute...
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:35 PM   #22
dbfan21
Floridian living in KS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
Your move roethlisberger
dbfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:36 PM   #23
dbfan21
Floridian living in KS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

In all honesty, this is just terrible. A 15-year old? Seriously?! This world can be so, so sick!
dbfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:47 PM   #24
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbfan21 View Post
In all honesty, this is just terrible. A 15-year old? Seriously?! This world can be so, so sick!
Really sad, speaking of that, a couple of years ago here a 12 year old girl was raped by an ice cream man.

Even worse she got pregnant, it really bothered me even tho I didn't her or her family.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:49 PM   #25
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzoutigers View Post
I respect your posts, but come on man, how do you not think LT would rape or attack someone
Because he has no history of doing it? Because he doesn't fit the profile of a rapist? Because he wouldn't need to? Because rapists don't magically start raping in their forties?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote