The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2010, 03:29 PM   #1
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default OM Mock vs Reality 2010

How'd you do?

Team, Round, overall selection, player and where he actually went at.

My mock draft for the Cardinals:

1 (26) Carlos Dunlap went at 2 (54 to Cinci - Bengals take my favorite 2 years in a row. Strong defense)
2 (47) Daryl Washington went at 2 (47 to Arizona)
3 (89) Anthony McCoy went at 6 (185 to Seattle... wtf man)
4 (124) Jermaine Cunningham went at 2 (53 to NE)
5 (157) Marshall Newhouse went at 5 (169 to GB)
6 (195) Jeff Owens went at 7 (243 to Philly)
7 (233) Rashawn Jackson went UDFA
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2010, 04:12 PM   #2
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

1. Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland -- 4th round (106) to the raiders. Really shocked here, I knew he was a risk, but the measurables I thought would put him much higher. He must have had HORRIBLE interviews at the combine. I hang my head in shame with this pick. Unless he becomes a pro-bowler for the Raiders. Than I will say I told you so.

2. Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame -- 2nd round (60) to the Seahawks. 2nd round, not bad value here.

3a. Jamar Chaney, ILB, Miss. State -- 7th round (220) to the Eagles. Swing...and a miss. Ugh.

3a. Pat Angerer, ILB, Iowa -- 2nd round (63) to the Colts. Great value here, Angerer should be a player!

4a. Arthur Jones, DT/DE, Syracuse -- 5th round (157) to the Ravens. Only a round off.

4b. Larry Asante, SS, Nebraska -- 5th round (160) to the Browns. Within a round again.

4c. Mitch Petrus, G, Arkansas -- 5th roun (147) to the Giants. Three 4th rounders actuall taken in the 5th. Pleased with this.

5a. LeGarrette Blount, RB, Oregon -- UDFA. No one wanted to draft a head case. He may still produce, we'll see.

5b. Robert Johnson, S, Utah -- 5th round (148) to the Titans. -- In the 5th round, woo hoo!

5c. AJ Jefferson, CB, Fresno State -- UDFA. Huh, I thought his return skills would get him drafted. Weird.

6. Kade Weston, DT, Georgia -- 7th round (248) to the Patriots. Weren't there a couple of big time detractors that said he wouldn't even get drafted? Again, off by one round.

7. Nate Byham, TE, Pitt -- 6th round (82) to the 49ers. Good value here!

So, apart for the Chaney and Campbell picks I have nothing to hang my head about here. A very nice draft in the middle rounds if I do say so myself. The Campbell situation is a win/win for me, though. If he's great, I made a helluva pick. if he sucks, he plays for the Raiders, so that's great!
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 05:36 AM   #3
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

1 (31) Patrick Robinson CB, FSU was selected 32. Minus 1 value.
2 (63) Rodger Saffold OT, IU was selected at 33. Plus 30 Value.
3 (94) Tyson Alualu DL, CAL was selected at 10. Plus 84 Value.
4 (129) Jerome Murphy CB/FS, USF selected 66. Plus 63 Value.
5 (162) A.J. Edds SLB, Iowa was selected @ 119. Plus 43 Value.
7 (238) David Gettis RS/WR, Baylor selected 198. Plus 40 Value.
7 (240) Adrian Tracy DE/OLB William & Mary @184. Plus 56 Value.
7 (246) Joshua Moore CB, KSU was Selected @141.Plus 105 Value

That was +420 on Eight draft picks. Or, +52.5 Value per selection.

I already explained I should have taken Kareem Jackson or Devin McCourty over Robinson @ 31. Rodger Saffold is a local player from IU and I knew he was going to go real high well before the Shrine game. I thought he might even make it into the last part of round one. Tyson Alualu was the most underrated player on the OM draft IMHO. He should not have gotten out of the early second round. And, JAX reached big for him when they could not trade back. Murphy was another guy who people did not like for some reason despite his scheme and position versatility. I could have gotten more value for Rennie Curran (97) instead of Edds (119), but I wanted Edds after missing several earlier targets at LB including Angerer. All three seventh rounders were BPA's on my Colts board. I did want Earl Mitchell real bad, but Jebures snagged him earlier.

Here are INDY's UDFA's:

1 Larry Hart-Central Arkansas DE/OLB 17,500 Selected @143. Plus 112 Value.
2 Nick Polk-IU SS 12,500 Unsigned.
4 Harry Coleman-LSU OLB/SS 10,500 Saints UDFA Signing.
5 David Reed-Utah WR/RS 10,500 Selected @156. Plus 99 Value.
6 Reggie Carter-UCLA LB 10,500 Seahawks UDFA signing.
7 Matt Mayberry-IU LB 5,000 Bears UDFA signing.
8 Jamar Wall-Texas Tech CB 10,500 Selected @196. Plus 59 Value.
9 Malcolm Shepard-Arkansas DL 12,500 Unsigned.

Very high on Larry Hart and Adrian tracy as small school Pass rushers in the mold of Robert Mathis. Really surprised David Reed went undrafted with all the Utah fans around here. Jamar Wall is a tough little Cover CB who needs some help with his technique. Reminds me of Reggie Corner CB, BUF who has been an exceptional UDFA I had three years ago. Has all the tools and mentality, just needs some coaching. I was stunned that Harry Coleman and Nick Polk went undrafted, while a ton of unknown safeties were drafted ahead of them. These guys have starting potential IMHO, and are at least ST's demons. Malcolm Sheppard has an eye injury that must not have passed any medical exams, because his tape is great and he was invited to INDY for the combine. It is a preexisting type deal. Shame, I really liked his game.

This is my best draft for INDY, and maybe my best ever. Thanks for all the good times everyone. Big thanks to JCMElway, Expat, and Eddie for putting this all together again.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 05:39 AM   #4
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
1 (31) Patrick Robinson CB, FSU was selected 32. Minus 1 value.
2 (63) Rodger Saffold OT, IU was selected at 33. Plus 30 Value.
3 (94) Tyson Alualu DL, CAL was selected at 10. Plus 84 Value.
4 (129) Jerome Murphy CB/FS, USF selected 66. Plus 63 Value.
5 (162) A.J. Edds SLB, Iowa was selected @ 119. Plus 43 Value.
7 (238) David Gettis RS/WR, Baylor selected 198. Plus 40 Value.
7 (240) Adrian Tracy DE/OLB William & Mary @184. Plus 56 Value.
7 (246) Joshua Moore CB, KSU was Selected @141.Plus 105 Value

That was +420 on Eight draft picks. Or, +52.5 Value per selection.
That's pretty damn impressive Med.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:40 AM   #5
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

SoDak Bronco- Bills Draft

1(9) Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers was selected 11. Minus 2 value
2(41) Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma was selected 21. Plus 20 Value.
3(72)Corey Wootton, DE, Northwestern was selected 109. Minus 37 value.
4(107) Eric Decker, WR, Minnesota was selected 87. Plus 20 Value.
5(140) Ben Tate, RB, Auburn was selected 58. Plus 82 Value.
6(178) Jarrett Brown, QB, West Virginia UDFA. Minus 77 Value.
6(192) Nolan Carroll CB Maryland was selected 145. Plus 47 Value.
7(209) C.J. Wilson, DE East Carolina was selected 230. Minus 21 Value.
7(216) Roddrick Muckleroy, ILB, Texas was selected 131.Plus 85 Value.

Comes out to Plus 117 on Nine Draft Picks. Plus 13 Value per selection.

I bet Bills fans would take my draft over theres.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:20 AM   #6
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Since the current draft is in a holding pattern... how'd your rookies do last year?

1 (26) Carlos Dunlap went at 2 (54 to Cinci - Bengals take my favorite 2 years in a row. Strong defense)

Dunlap was by far the best of the rookie DE's pulling 9.5 sacks in only 12 games of rotational duty. Bright future affirmed indeed.

2 (47) Daryl Washington went at 2 (47 to Arizona)

Not only did I nail the pick to exactly where he went, but Washington became a starter and performed very well in Dansby's absence.

3 (89) Anthony McCoy went at 6 (185 to Seattle... wtf man)

Whiffed hard... selected him 3 rounds to early and only played in 2 games on ST. Hopefully he was injured so I dont look TOO stupid with this one

4 (124) Jermaine Cunningham went at 2 (53 to NE)

Became a starter and exceptional performer for the perennial winning Patriots. Great steal in the 4th round!

5 (157) Marshall Newhouse went at 5 (169 to GB)

Injured all season but has a SB ring. Winning?

6 (195) Jeff Owens went at 7 (243 to Philly)

Being on the active roster is a win for a 6th round rookie imo

7 (233) Rashawn Jackson went UDFA

Nabbed a start at FB in his rookie year

-------------------------------------------

Verdict: Outside of a 3rd round whiff (who I still think should grow into a solid player), I did extremely well. Many starters and impact players that I got my mitts on.

I'll stack this draft class against anyone else's any day despite all the end of the round selections
Old 03-21-2011, 10:25 AM   #7
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Okay, McCoy did hit IR but it was in the final 3rd of the season anyways :/
Old 03-21-2011, 03:44 PM   #8
jebures
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Raiders 2010 Mock #in Mock Actual Value
Trent Williams 8 4 +4
Not bad to get a top 5 pick at #8, huge win for me
Jason Pierre-Paul 18 15 +3
Traded up and got this guy with a +3 values
Linval Joseph 85 46 +39
Absolute steal where I got him
Selvish Capers 106 231 -125
My loan flop, no excuse for this one…was ranked a lot higher. As Billy Bob Thornton says in Bad Santa, “They all cant be winners can they?”
Walter McFadden 158 138
McFadden was actually drafted by the Raiders, another value
Earl Mitchell 215 81 +134
Probably the best value anyone got in this draft. Getting a 3rd round pick in the 7th round
Jameson Konz 225 245 -20
Was not far off, he was just a later 7th rounder than where I got him
Mike Kafka 251 122 +129
Another solid value pick for me

The Capers pick killed me, other than him I had a dominate draft
Average value of +20.5
jebures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:12 AM   #9
Drek
Ring of Famer

My draft last year:

1-01(1) - St. Louis (Drek) - Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska

Still like this pick. Bradford looked good this year but he was a gamble on health and Suh is already looking like a once in a generation type of player.

2-04(36) - St. Louis (Drek) - Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois

Was inconsistent and injured last year with Tampa Bay but had some flashes, including a 120 yard game at one point. See him as a guy on the rise. It pushed me into my next pick though, which was a negative.

3-01(65) - St. Louis (Drek) - Dan LeFevour, QB, Central Michigan

I was hoping to catch Tebow slipping out of the 2nd round and when he went shortly after I took Benn I sold myself on LeFevour and really over drafted him. He was released by the Bears and has since signed on with Cincy, probably won't put it together in the pros. Bad pick for the 65th overall selection, entirely due to a need/"my guy is gone" mindset.

3-15(79) - St. Louis (Drek) - Dominique Franks, CB, Oklahoma

slid further than I expected and underperformed with Atlanta prior to getting hurt. Another need reach really, convinced myself to take him because St. Louis needed and still needs secondary help.

5-01(132) - St. Louis (Drek) - Eric Olsen, C/G, Notre Dame

Still like this pick as a 5th round flyer. Stuck on the Broncos roster all season in favor of higher drafted, longer tenured guys. I think he'll work out well when he finally gets a shot to play.

5-13(144) - St. Louis (Drek) - Joe Webb, WR/QB/ATH, UAB

A double edged alternative QBOTF/WR prospect that looks to have been a good value. Showed some real potential for Minnesota late in the year.

5-24(155) - St. Louis (Drek) - Brandon Lang, DE, Troy

On and off the Chargers 53 man roster.

6-01(170) - St. Louis (Drek) - Lonyae Miller, RB, Fresno St.

Rode the PS for the Cowboys, got some late season action and a little light praise from Garrett. went undrafted but I took him in the 6th and looks like he might actually hang in the league.

6-08(177) - St. Louis (Drek) - - Rennie Curran, OLB, Georgia

On the Titans STs through the year. Always good if a 6th rounder actually plays in any role as a rookie. Still like his future outlook.

7-47(254) - St. Louis (Drek) - Tyler Eastman, OT, Maine

Total homer pick for a fellow UM alum. Went to camp with KC, got cut, hasn't gotten another shot.

Overall started out well, made a good trade back from the first pick in the second round, then got too cute and started overpicking for need in the middle rounds. Took a few solid flyers in later rounds.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:29 AM   #10
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

^ At least you have opportunity for break out sophomore performances Drek.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:49 PM   #11
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
^ At least you have opportunity for break out sophomore performances Drek.
I think Benn will do fine and given time I see Curran being the type of guy who in a few years people are asking why their team didn't draft him as he puts up solid season after solid season.

And I believe great things are in store for Webb. A solid vet to keep him on the bench and learning for another season or two will do him wonders though. McNabb is a perfect fit there.

But the real **** up was thinking I could read the draft pool better than I did and sit back on Tebow until the 3rd. In reality I should have settled for a lesser WR prospect and taken Tebow at the top of the 2nd after the trade back.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:03 PM   #12
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

2010 Texans draft...

20. CJ Spiller. Was taken at 9 for the Buffalo Bills. (On a poorly talented NFL team, Spiller did what he could, contributing everywhere and is the Bills #1 RB)

51. Kareem Jackson, CB was the first round pick for the Texans at 20. ( Finished with 70 tackles and 2 interceptions)

81. Jon Asamoah, Guard, was taken by the Chiefs at pick #68. (Played mostly special teams and was in the OL rotation.)

118. Perry Riley, LB, was taken by the Redskins at pick #103. (made some critical mistakes with Washington on Special teams, not a good rookie year for Riley. Jury is still out on him.)

150. Alterraun Verner, CB, taken by the Titans at pick #104. (finished with 101 tackles and 3 interceptions, 1 forced fumble as a rookie. Is a fan favorite there.)

187. Kurt Coleman, Safety, drafted by the Eagles at #244. (Finished the season with 36 tackles, and 1 interception. Also displayed that he is a ferocious hitter.)

197. Tony Moeaki, TE, picked in the third round by KC at 93. ( Finished rookie campaign with 556 yards, and 3 touchdowns)

227. Levi Brown, QB, selected by the Buffalo Bills at #209. (Saw mop up duty in the season finale, 3rd string QB.)

I put this draft up there with the best in that Mock Draft, could have been a great one if Perry Riley didn't have his head up his ass all season.

Last edited by 24champ; 03-28-2011 at 02:06 PM..
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:30 PM   #13
jebures
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
2010 Texans draft...

20. CJ Spiller. Was taken at 9 for the Buffalo Bills. (On a poorly talented NFL team, Spiller did what he could, contributing everywhere and is the Bills #1 RB)

51. Kareem Jackson, CB was the first round pick for the Texans at 20. ( Finished with 70 tackles and 2 interceptions)

81. Jon Asamoah, Guard, was taken by the Chiefs at pick #68. (Played mostly special teams and was in the OL rotation.)

118. Perry Riley, LB, was taken by the Redskins at pick #103. (made some critical mistakes with Washington on Special teams, not a good rookie year for Riley. Jury is still out on him.)

150. Alterraun Verner, CB, taken by the Titans at pick #104. (finished with 101 tackles and 3 interceptions, 1 forced fumble as a rookie. Is a fan favorite there.)

187. Kurt Coleman, Safety, drafted by the Eagles at #244. (Finished the season with 36 tackles, and 1 interception. Also displayed that he is a ferocious hitter.)

197. Tony Moeaki, TE, picked in the third round by KC at 93. ( Finished rookie campaign with 556 yards, and 3 touchdowns)

227. Levi Brown, QB, selected by the Buffalo Bills at #209. (Saw mop up duty in the season finale, 3rd string QB.)

I put this draft up there with the best in that Mock Draft, could have been a great one if Perry Riley didn't have his head up his ass all season.
that is great work, your only real miss value wise was kurt coleman and he started at times.
jebures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:09 PM   #14
anton
Solid Starter

My Bucs mock from last year:
1. S Eric Berry -- Rookie probowler
1. DT Brian Price -- BUCS PICK!!
2. WR Mardy Gilyard -- Bad pick as of now
4. CB Perrish Cox -- BONUS BRONCOS PICK!! Likes to rape but a good player.
5. DT D'Anthony Smith -- WENT WAY HIGHER TO JAGS!!
6. WR Mike Williams -- BUCS PICK!! 965 yds 11 tds as a rook.
7. OLB O'Brien Schoefield -- WENT HIGHER TO CARDS!
7. WR Freddie Barnes
7. OLB Keenan Clayton -- WENT TO EAGLES IN 4TH!
7. ILB Mike McGlaughlin
anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:12 PM   #15
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by anton View Post
My Bucs mock from last year:
1. S Eric Berry -- Rookie probowler
1. DT Brian Price -- BUCS PICK!!
2. WR Mardy Gilyard -- Bad pick as of now
4. CB Perrish Cox -- BONUS BRONCOS PICK!! Likes to rape but a good player.
5. DT D'Anthony Smith -- WENT WAY HIGHER TO JAGS!!
6. WR Mike Williams -- BUCS PICK!! 965 yds 11 tds as a rook.
7. OLB O'Brien Schoefield -- WENT HIGHER TO CARDS!
7. WR Freddie Barnes
7. OLB Keenan Clayton -- WENT TO EAGLES IN 4TH!
7. ILB Mike McGlaughlin
Yeah, if it weren't for that pesky rape thing....
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: