The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > Maniac Community Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2010, 09:08 AM   #1
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default Req Health Update: Relapse

Just thought I would update my fellow Maniac friends and family that as of today, I have officially relapsed and my minimal change disease and nephrotic syndrome (kidney related issues are back). I've noticed some of the symptoms for a few weeks now, and I feel strongly that themes and objects in my dreams pointed me towards this happening. (I'm a firm believer in dreams having significant meaning to our lives and take them very seriously.)

I'm trying to stay positive with everything, but am heart broken it is happening right before graduation (May 15) and right when I was set on moving forward with a new chapter in my life.

All I can say is that I'm determined more than ever to make a change in my lifestyle, work towards what I've always wanted. This might be a set back, but I can tell you it isn't going to stop me from achieving the things I know I can. This just makes me want it even more. Believe me, I'm hungry, and nothing is going to keep me down.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2010, 09:11 AM   #2
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Just thought I would update my fellow Maniac friends and family that as of today, I have officially relapsed and my minimal change disease and nephrotic syndrome (kidney related issues are back). I've noticed some of the symptoms for a few weeks now, and I feel strongly that themes and objects in my dreams pointed me towards this happening. (I'm a firm believer in dreams having significant meaning to our lives and take them very seriously.)

I'm trying to stay positive with everything, but am heart broken it is happening right before graduation (May 15) and right when I was set on moving forward with a new chapter in my life.

All I can say is that I'm determined more than ever to make a change in my lifestyle, work towards what I've always wanted. This might be a set back, but I can tell you it isn't going to stop me from achieving the things I know I can. This just makes me want it even more. Believe me, I'm hungry, and nothing is going to keep me down.

Don't know much about your "disease", but medical issues suck balls!
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:39 PM   #3
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I'll let you know more soon. Tomorrow there is a benefit and fundraiser where I work being put on by a lot of my friends, co-workers and professors. Should be a blast.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:05 PM   #4
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

This ****ing sucks. I am really sorry to hear that you had a relapse, Req. It's graduation time...this should be an exciting time for you...horrible time for these things to be coming back up. I am praying for you, man. Hopefully this is just a small bump in the road.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:29 AM   #5
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
This ****ing sucks. I am really sorry to hear that you had a relapse, Req. It's graduation time...this should be an exciting time for you...horrible time for these things to be coming back up. I am praying for you, man. Hopefully this is just a small bump in the road.
It is an exciting time no matter what, SoCal.

I'm already responding to treatment faster, and feeling a lot better than I have been. A lot of changes in my lifestyle need to change, but that will be able to happen. No smoking, no drinking. Change up my diet and get rid of high salts and most red meats, and just becoming a more holistic individual in that regard.

I'm glad to be walking on Saturday, it'll be a blast. I also can't wait to go back home for the summer, get done with treatment and be all better to tackle my next endeavors.

Just weighing my options right now. Redoing my CV, Resume and cover letters, along with a few graduate options overseas, and I'm mulling over the consolidation options and deferment I may have with my undergraduate loans. Came out pretty lucky. Took me the extra year to finish the double major (B.S., Political Science and Anthropology) but I calculated that grants, scholarships and stipends based on assistant positions saved me almost half of my undergraduate costs, and I'm less than ~30,000 right now, I estimate, with the juice. (Have to go over all options when I get back to my files back home.)

Just real skeptical. My friend got a double major like me (with History instead of Anthropology) and already was offered a decent paying job political wise through the election cycle (November). Not my cup of tea, but I'm embracing whatever opportunities I can get.

I hate money being the ruling factor in all of this, but I'm just hoping if I go on with graduate school and further studies, the Master's or PhD., down the road will be well worth the investment. I think it will be. Great thing is, I have until mid-July to apply to most schools to start this Fall overseas. Narrowing down the schools and programs list. Tough stuff.

But yeah, worst timing ever, but maybe it was the best. Glad to be able to go through this with my best friends instead of all alone by myself somewhere miles from home.