The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 09:54 PM   #1
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry
 
BowlenBall's Avatar
 
Pimp.

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5,103

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lucas Reed
Default A little love for 7th rounder Jammie Kirlew

From The National Football Post on "Day Three Draftees Worth Watching"



"OLB Jammie Kirlew, Denver Broncos

I was high on Kirlew during the season, but he started to lose a lot of his buzz after his combine performance because he lacked ideal size and ran in the high 4.9 range. However, heís a natural pass rusher who has the body control, balance and suddenness to consistently slip blocks off the edge. He lacks a great first step but does a nice job using his hands and plays with consistent leverage on contact. The Broncos already have some talent on their roster in the form of starting 3-4 outside linebackers, but there isnít much depth behind them. Thatís where I think Kirlew could make his mark as a rotational guy."

Whaddaya guys think? Of all our picks, this was the one that left me a bit cold. Doesn't seem like he has the tools to make it in the NFL at either DE or OLB, but McDaniels must see something he really likes, since he traded back into the draft to pick him up. Either way, this is the first article (positive or negative) I've seen on this kid.
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2010, 09:57 PM   #2
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,351

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatFan View Post
From The National Football Post on "Day Three Draftees Worth Watching"



"OLB Jammie Kirlew, Denver Broncos

I was high on Kirlew during the season, but he started to lose a lot of his buzz after his combine performance because he lacked ideal size and ran in the high 4.9 range. However, heís a natural pass rusher who has the body control, balance and suddenness to consistently slip blocks off the edge. He lacks a great first step but does a nice job using his hands and plays with consistent leverage on contact. The Broncos already have some talent on their roster in the form of starting 3-4 outside linebackers, but there isnít much depth behind them. Thatís where I think Kirlew could make his mark as a rotational guy."

Whaddaya guys think? Of all our picks, this was the one that left me a bit cold. Doesn't seem like he has the tools to make it in the NFL at either DE or OLB, but McDaniels must see something he really likes, since he traded back into the draft to pick him up. Either way, this is the first article (positive or negative) I've seen on this kid.
He is almost the exact same size as Haggan. I project him as an ILB.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:59 PM   #3
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,814

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho
Default

I think Jarvis Moss' writing is on the wall. As for him being like Haggan, he loses 2 inches and 7lb's to Haggan. I see this dude as a Reid type player. Depth for OLB. We already have Woodyard and Larsen for ILB.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:03 PM   #4
Paladin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,228
Default

I project him as PS material with some time to groow and to learn more about foot speed and leverage......
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:08 PM   #5
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,387

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

I predict he will be the new Hillis overrated by not very knowledgeable football fans.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:17 PM   #6
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,351

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
I think Jarvis Moss' writing is on the wall. As for him being like Haggan, he loses 2 inches and 7lb's to Haggan. I see this dude as a Reid type player. Depth for OLB. We already have Woodyard and Larsen for ILB.
They are both 6'3" and within 3lbs of each other in weight.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:24 PM   #7
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer
 
azbroncfan's Avatar
 
Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Scottsdale
Posts: 8,664

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McApaOps5 View Post
I predict he will be the new Hillis overrated by not very knowledgeable football fans.
Med commented on him and thought he can be a good ST and rotation guy but needs a little coaching.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:37 PM   #8
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,228

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McApaOps5 View Post
I predict he will be the new Hillis overrated by not very knowledgeable football fans.
Yeah I'm pretty positive that no one will take any hype away from Tebow
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:38 PM   #9
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer
 
azbroncfan's Avatar
 
Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Scottsdale
Posts: 8,664

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
He is almost the exact same size as Haggan. I project him as an ILB.
He has the natural pass rush ability so I believe he will stay in the outside.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:10 PM   #10
*WARHORSE*
GNASHING OF TEETH
 
*WARHORSE*'s Avatar
 
Let the heads roll.........

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Kailua, Hawaii
Posts: 586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lombardi III
Default

This guys first 10 yards are quick. He can drop the QB better than a 4.9 forty would suggest.


He may be a sleeper, cause he can play at 4.9, and more than that, can get his hands in the right spots at 4.9 too.


This is a guy that can play football.
*WARHORSE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:17 PM   #11
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Vegas_Bronco's Avatar
 
Fear is a lack of preparation.

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Now 64 Yards Out
Posts: 5,074

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1
Default

He's got a huge base...lots of lower strength and tackles really well. I see him at Mike or Sam.
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 04:42 PM   #12
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???
 
cmhargrove's Avatar
 
Travis Henry's love child...

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 6,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Bronco View Post
He's got a huge base...lots of lower strength and tackles really well. I see him at Mike or Sam.
Forget just the base, take a look at the Minicamp day 1 photos (on denverbroncos.com), the dude is built like a rock up top as well. His forearms look like most people's thighs.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 05:04 PM   #13
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,814

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
They are both 6'3" and within 3lbs of each other in weight.
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...rlew?id=496806

Jammie Kirlew

*
Height:
6'1"
*
Weight:
260 lbs.

That's what I went by since I figure they use accurate measurements during the combine.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 05:41 PM   #14
kappys
Ring of Famer
 
kappys's Avatar
 
ďIt will be of little avail to the

Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,070
Default

Its always worth a late round pick on a pass rusher. These guys are hard to come by and if he pans out even as a situational rusher(maybe spelling Ayers) that would be a great pick by McD
kappys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 05:46 PM   #15
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in a bunker
Posts: 56,900

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McApaOps5 View Post
I predict he will be the new Hillis overrated by not very knowledgeable football fans.
So you are saying TJ is not a knowledgeable football fan
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 06:11 PM   #16
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,741

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McApaOps5 View Post
I predict he will be the new Hillis overrated by not very knowledgeable football fans.
"Not very knowledgeable"? As in everyone here before Shanahan was fired?
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 06:13 PM   #17
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,741

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
So you are saying TJ is not a knowledgeable football fan
Very funny. Can either one of you guys link me to a single post of yours questioning Hillis before Mike was fired?

Didn't think so.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 06:43 PM   #18
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,351

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...rlew?id=496806

Jammie Kirlew

*
Height:
6'1"
*
Weight:
260 lbs.

That's what I went by since I figure they use accurate measurements during the combine.


fair enough. I've still adopted the guy anyway.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 07:55 PM   #19
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 15,931
Default

Jammie Kirlew had a very productive college career.

220 tackles, 52.5 tackles for loss, and 23 sacks with 9 forced fumbles and 6 fumble recoveries.

He is a hard worker and a team leader.

I look for him to make the team and be a good special team player who will work himself onto the field on defense sooner or later.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:04 PM   #20
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,741

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

I heard Kirlew once shot a man just for snoring.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:12 AM   #21
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry
 
BowlenBall's Avatar
 
Pimp.

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5,103

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lucas Reed
Default

I heard he shot a man in Reno... just to watch him die.
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:32 AM   #22
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,387

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Very funny. Can either one of you guys link me to a single post of yours questioning Hillis before Mike was fired?

Didn't think so.
Always taking things so serious! If you go to camp this year let me know. I want to meet you in person so you can see that I am being sarcastic.

Kaylor, Oskie, Montrose, and 24champ have and know that its for laughs not for real.

Take a deep breath, and chant woosaa!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:32 AM   #23
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,387

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatFan View Post
I heard he shot a man in Reno... just to watch him die.
Yeah Mcd likes him because he walks the line!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:38 AM   #24
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in a bunker
Posts: 56,900

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McApaOps5 View Post
Always taking things so serious! If you go to camp this year let me know. I want to meet you in person so you can see that I am being sarcastic.

Kaylor, Oskie, Montrose, and 24champ have and know that its for laughs not for real.

Take a deep breath, and chant woosaa!
you mean like you do on the relationship thread
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:57 AM   #25
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 29,387

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Oh no that is dead serious, serious funny was diluted and ruined!




















And if you really thought I cared about a thread being ruined then that's just sad.

Last edited by theAPAOps5; 05-02-2010 at 04:08 PM..
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:20 AM.


Denver Broncos