The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2010, 08:03 PM   #1
Momentum
Mockdrafthq.com, go there

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers
Default Too Early For 2011 Mocks? Naaah

Here are a couple of 2011 mocks

Top 10

Full first round

Its early, but still fun to do some mocking
Momentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2010, 07:00 PM   #2
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I am already looking at Von Miller and Mark Herzlich.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:52 AM   #3
ELEVATION
GO BIG OR GO HOME NOW

Knee Deep in Crazy land

Adopt-a-Bronco:
JD WALTON

DE/DT Marcel Dareus, DE/DT Cameron Heyward, CB Patric Peterson, DE/DT Allen Bailey, DE/DT Adrian Clayborn, OLB Greg Romeous, CB Aaron Williams, CB Prince Amukamara, CB Brandon Harris, CB Curtis Brown, OLB Von Miller

in rd 1 please.....any of those guys and i would be happy....

i see DE, ILB, OLB, CB, RB as top needs for youth injections.....if this offense takes off next year, we would be wise to finally injest heavy youth on defense.....
ELEVATION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:30 AM   #4
Elway777
Ring of Famer

Defence , Defence and more defence in 2011 draft
Elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:56 AM   #5
anton
Solid Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELEVATION View Post
DE/DT Marcel Dareus, DE/DT Cameron Heyward, CB Patric Peterson, DE/DT Allen Bailey, DE/DT Adrian Clayborn, OLB Greg Romeous, CB Aaron Williams, CB Prince Amukamara, CB Brandon Harris, CB Curtis Brown, OLB Von Miller

in rd 1 please.....any of those guys and i would be happy....

i see DE, ILB, OLB, CB, RB as top needs for youth injections.....if this offense takes off next year, we would be wise to finally injest heavy youth on defense.....
I dont see how OLB and CB are needs... (Doom, Ayers will be starting for a long time/Alphonso and Cox could step in after Champ and Goodman).

I could see NT, DE, and ILB being the first 3 picks next year.

It is kinda cool how in 2 drafts, McDaniels drafted an entire offense : QB, RB, 3 WRs, TE, 3 OL... he got his players on offense, now time to get his players on defense
anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 04:02 PM   #6
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

A freaking RB to the Broncos?? Are these people serious? I don't give McDaniels a lot of credit for much, but he's not nearly that dumb.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 04:43 PM   #7
Momentum
Mockdrafthq.com, go there

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

http://www.mockdrafthq.com/draft/vie...L_Mock_Draft/1

This one has use taking Bruce Carter, OLB UNC.
Momentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:20 PM   #8
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momentum View Post
Here are a couple of 2011 mocks

Top 10

Full first round

Its early, but still fun to do some mocking
I thought Pouncey got drafted already.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:50 AM   #9
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer

In Manning We Trust......

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I thought Pouncey got drafted already.

he has a twin that stayed at the Univ of Florida.
ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:10 PM   #10
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

The wild disparity in these early mock drafts just goes to show how the NFL draft(And most sport drafts) are the best example of groupthink out there.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:19 PM   #11
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

I'm going on record to say that Locker won't be the 1st QB off the board.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 04:54 PM   #12
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
I'm going on record to say that Locker won't be the 1st QB off the board.
Who do you think will go before him?
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:29 AM   #13
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango View Post
A freaking RB to the Broncos?? Are these people serious? I don't give McDaniels a lot of credit for much, but he's not nearly that dumb.
Denver could use a speed rb very easily. I like Buck but, he plays half a year at most. Do we have bigger needs YES but, I sure wouldn't cry adding a RB if he is BPA in round 2 or 3.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:48 PM   #14
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Addressing the defensive line (NT/5 technique) with a young prospect would be nice, as well as another young running back. I think we've done a great job of acquiring talent for the secondary, OL and wideouts over the past two drafts. Look for another ILB too.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:31 PM   #15
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

NT ILB DE would be my top choices
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:50 AM   #16
ELEVATION
GO BIG OR GO HOME NOW

Knee Deep in Crazy land

Adopt-a-Bronco:
JD WALTON

i would say our first 3 picks should be DE, ILB, RB

NT if fields struggles in rotation and baker cant find the field at all....

Other possibles are CB, OLB, TE
ELEVATION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:22 PM   #17
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Addressing the defensive line (NT/5 technique) with a young prospect would be nice, as well as another young running back. I think we've done a great job of acquiring talent for the secondary, OL and wideouts over the past two drafts. Look for another ILB too.
i think the fact that we didn't bring in a young NT this year says that the team is banking on Baker to be the guy. By bringing in a guy like Williams who has at best 2 years at a really high level in an extremely scaled down amount of playing time tells me that Fields and Baker will be relied on heavily this season with Baker becoming more and more involved as the season goes on.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:25 PM   #18
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I would agree, and I hope Baker can flash some talent and see the field sometime this season whether it be inside at the nose or outside. Even with him there, I'd still like more high caliber talent to aid in run defense and prepare for the future.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:29 PM   #19
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida_Bronco View Post
Who do you think will go before him?
Ryan Mallett

Honestly, way too much hype on these QB's, but its like that every year.
Just a year ago, couldn't go to any draft site without hearing Snead as the #1 pick.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:57 PM   #20
Cool Breeze
Ring of Famer

Broncos Rock!

2011 NFL Draft prep under way with release of National's grades

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz0swwloAeQ

Here are the top 25 NFL prospects from the senior class as graded by National.
Prince Amukamara/CB/Nebraska/7.3: Amukamara offers NFL size (6-feet, 201 pounds) which he uses to shut down opponents regularly. His game has shown tremendous improvement the past two seasons and scouts are excited about his upside.
Adrian Clayborn/DE/Iowa/7.3: Clayborn is a terrific pass rusher who must improve his skills defending the run.
Mark Herzlich/OLB/Boston College/7.2: Herzlich's grade is equal to the one he received last year after his cancer diagnoses.
Allen Bailey/DL/Miami-Fl/6.9: For years the Miami program put quality defensive linemen into the NFL yet they've not had one selected in the first round since 2004 (Vince Wilfork). Bailey, who can play a variety of positions up front, is set to reverse the recent trend.
Von Miller/OLB/Texas A&M/6.9: Miller will begin the season as the premier 3-4 outside linebacker.
Greg Romeus/DE/Pittbugh/6.8: Romeus has been a force for the Panthers defense since his freshman season. He's a terrific athlete with an NFL body (6-5, 267).
Marvin Austin/DT/North Carolina/6.7: Austin draws a variety of opinions in scouting circles. His physical ability is on a par with any defender in the senior class. His gameday intensity is not.
Christian Ponder/QB/Florida State/6.7: Ponder, who already completed his Master's Degree at FSU, scored a big number on the pre-season Wonderlic. He lacks the eye-popping stats on the college level yet is considered the most NFL-ready passer in the senior class.
Jake Locker/QB/Washington/6.7: Scouts applauded Locker's decision to return to college for another season. He has the athletic skills and leadership ability to be the centerpiece of a franchise yet needs to improve the consistency of his throwing mechanics.
Stephen Paea/DT/Oregon State/6.5: Paea, who measures 6-1½, 306, compares favorably in style and substance to another Pac-10 performer, former first-round pick Sedrick Ellis.
Anthony Castonzo/T/Boston College/6.5: Castonzo is a tall (6-7) and athletic pass protector with the ability to hold down the all important left tackle position at the next level.
Pernell McPhee/DE/Mississippi State/6.4: The junior college all-American was a dominant force in the SEC during the 2009 season, his first at MSU. McPhee is a terrific pass rusher who holds up well defending the run.
Stefen Wisniewski /C/Penn State/6.4: Wisniewski plays a smart and tough brand of football, just like his Pro-Bowl father.
Jeremy Beal/DE/Oklahoma/6.3: Beal has been a disruptive force the past two seasons, combining for 34.5 tackles for loss and 19.5 sacks.
Ross Homan/LB/Ohio State/6.3: Many in the scouting community think Homan is a better NFL prospect than former Buckeye star James Laurinaitis.
DeMarcus Love/T/Arkansas/6.3: Love is an athletic tackle who will get consideration at guard from a number of teams.
DeMarco Murray/RB/Oklahoma/6.3: Murray, the highest rated senior running back on the list, must stay healthy to maintain a high draft grade.
Niles Paul/WR/Nebraska/6.3: Paul, a terrific possession wideout, is an enticing target who measures 6-1, 222.
Jimmy Smith/CB/Colorado/6.2: Smith possesses outstanding size/speed numbers (6-2, 201, 4.46 forty time). He has a large upside and was wise to return for his senior season.
Ras-I Dowling/CB/Virginia/6.2: Dowling is another well-sized cornerback at 6-1½, 199. His ball skills and overall game significantly improved last season.
Jabaal Sheard/DE/Pittsburgh/6.2: Sheard is a terrific player and a solid pass rushing end yet can be overlooked playing on the same line as Greg Romeus.
Jerrell Powe/DT/Mississippi/6.2: Powe is the premiere nose tackle prospect from the senior class. He could easily make a big move up draft boards starting in September.
Bruce Carter/OLB/North Carolina/6.2: Carter is one of the most complete linebackers in the nation and a three-down defender with instant starting potential at the next level.
Derek Sherrod/T/Mississippi State/6.2: Sherrod is fundamentally sound and gets the most from his ability at left tackle.
Rodney Hudson/C-G/Florida State/6.1: One of the better zone blocking linemen in the nation, the Seminoles offensive guard has been graded at center by a number of teams
Cool Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:13 AM   #21
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

bumping this... tired of seeing Tebow not a 1st round pick
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:25 PM   #22
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

UNC boots Marvin Austin off football team, Greg Little and Robert Quinn declared ineligible

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. - North Carolina star defensive tackle Marvin Austin was kicked off the football team Monday and the school said the NCAA has declared receiver Greg Little and defensive end Robert Quinn permanently ineligible.

The announcements from the school and the NCAA came as part of the ongoing investigations into whether players received improper benefits from agents.

"It's a sad day when three young men are no longer able to represent their school based on actions they have taken and decisions they have made contrary to NCAA rules," athletic director Dick Baddour said in a statement issued by the school.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/co...#ixzz126iiVg3Y
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:50 AM   #23
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFoneco1331 View Post
Ryan Mallett

Honestly, way too much hype on these QB's, but its like that every year.
Just a year ago, couldn't go to any draft site without hearing Snead as the #1 pick.
IMO, Luck is the best QB in college right now, with Barkley close behind.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:10 PM   #24
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Oh I feel like a Chiefs fan looking at the draft this early in the season.

That being said some of those LB's look absolutely mouth watering.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:24 PM   #25
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

I don't think we'll be looking for too many linebackers. D.J, Doom and Ayers have pretty firm grips on 3 of the 4 starting spots and SILB isn't a position you normally dump premium picks in.

Right now, my main desire in 2011 is a legitimate stud NT.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: