The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2010, 08:07 AM   #1
titan
Ring of Famer

Fan of Old School Football

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default analysis of tebow's throwing motion on sports science

not sure if this is an old clip - check out espn's sports science for an analysis of tebow's old vs new throwing motion

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/sportscience/index

click on the tebow thumbnail
titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2010, 08:14 AM   #2
DawnBTVS
Laugh This Off... Puddin'

Rookie Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton

This is one thing that drives me nuts. A lot of the "draft experts" look at Tebow's game film and see the old throwing motion and yap on and on that he's not a real QB/won't be an NFL level QB.

They've ignored the (fairly) major strides he's made since then and ignore the fact that while Tebow could revert in game situations, he just as easily could stick with the new motion in game situations.

I love the Sports Science clips and the above simple change of bringing the ball up is enough to make a big difference in terms of release time and length between QB and defender.
DawnBTVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:34 AM   #3
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

I'd like to know what kind of an increase in ball speed and RPM (i guess? ball spin speed) he could have with a "good" throwing motion. I hope they logged that data and can compare it after McD spends some time with him.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:03 AM   #4
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I love those sports science segments. Just curious, am I the only one that would politely decline if they offered to pay me to be the crash dummy in Suh's episode? He destroyed that thing. Those shows really make you realize how far from average these people are. We all know someone who claims they could've gone pro in something but their skills have to be truly amazing.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote