The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 07:21 AM   #1
mizzoutigers
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 352
Default Pete Carroll on Tebow and Decker

Carroll also gushed about a first-round quarterback on whom the Seahawks passed, not once but twice. "I think anybody that got Tim Tebow had a good draft because I think he's going to surprise everybody," Carroll said. "And I think he's going to be a fantastic addition to a team. There's another guy that we would have really liked to have been able to add for the future because of what he brings. He will not let these issues about throwing motions and things be in the way. He will will his way through that if he's anything at all like I know."

The Seahawks coach likewise heaped praise on former Minnesota Golden Gophers receiver Eric Decker. "Very, very good receiver," Carroll said, "and we have a guy [previously] on that [Minnesota] staff, Jedd Fisch, who coached him and we knew all about him and really were hoping to get a chance to get him, too."
mizzoutigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2010, 07:24 AM   #2
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,610
Default

just great...I think Carroll is a moron
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:30 AM   #3
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,850

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
just great...I think Carroll is a moron
Hey! What the hell, man?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:34 AM   #4
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Hey! What the hell, man?
I can't stand Pete Carroll. I love the Tebow and Decker picks
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:37 AM   #5
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,834

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
I can't stand Pete Carroll.
That doesn't mean he's wrong.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:41 AM   #6
mizzoutigers
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 352
Default

I agree Kaylore, not particularly fond of Carroll myself, but I do think his take is of a different perspective given that he just left as a college coach and is in the know with these kids and coaches around the country (i.e. Decker).
mizzoutigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:41 AM   #7
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
That doesn't mean he's wrong.
hopefully not this time
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:41 AM   #8
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,850

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
I can't stand Pete Carroll. I love the Tebow and Decker picks
Good guy, man. What's not to like?

TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:48 AM   #9
chex
Pro Bowler
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 524

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzoutigers View Post
Carroll also gushed about a first-round quarterback on whom the Seahawks passed, not once but twice. "I think anybody that got Tim Tebow had a good draft because I think he's going to surprise everybody," Carroll said. "And I think he's going to be a fantastic addition to a team. There's another guy that we would have really liked to have been able to add for the future because of what he brings. He will not let these issues about throwing motions and things be in the way. He will will his way through that if he's anything at all like I know."

The Seahawks coach likewise heaped praise on former Minnesota Golden Gophers receiver Eric Decker. "Very, very good receiver," Carroll said, "and we have a guy [previously] on that [Minnesota] staff, Jedd Fisch, who coached him and we knew all about him and really were hoping to get a chance to get him, too."
What was the context of this? Was he for some reason asked about our draft in particular, or was this an unsolicited assessment?
chex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:51 AM   #10
mizzoutigers
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 352
Default

unsolicited, he was on chris russo "mad dog" radio being interviewed and was just freely speaking about other kids in the draft
mizzoutigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:54 AM   #11
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,610
Default

Pete Carroll talks Clausen, Tebow, Decker

Posted by Mike Florio on April 28, 2010 9:15 AM ET
Now that I'm back in front of the radiation-blasting double-monitor PFT hookup, I'm scanning back through recent e-mails in search of stuff about which you may be interested.

And, somehow, I found one that hasn't already been covered by Rosenthal and/or MDS.

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll recently spoke with Chris Russo of Sirius Mad Dog Radio. The noteworthy portions of the discussion focused more on players not on Carroll's new team than those whom he acquired over the recently-completed draft weekend.

Asked whether the Seahawks may have taken quarterback Jimmy Clausen if he'd still been on the board when Seattle used the 60th overall pick, Carroll said, "Sure, that's real possible. Yeah, we liked him that much. We thought he was a good player and that he was going to be solid as a rock and it wasn't going to be a big transition for him and all that kind of stuff."

Carroll also gushed about a first-round quarterback on whom the Seahawks passed, not once but twice. "I think anybody that got Tim Tebow had a good draft because I think he's going to surprise everybody," Carroll said. "And I think he's going to be a fantastic addition to a team. There's another guy that we would have really liked to have been able to add for the future because of what he brings. He will not let these issues about throwing motions and things be in the way. He will will his way through that if he's anything at all like I know."

The Seahawks coach likewise heaped praise on former Minnesota Golden Gophers receiver Eric Decker. "Very, very good receiver," Carroll said, "and we have a guy [previously] on that [Minnesota] staff, Jedd Fisch, who coached him and we knew all about him and really were hoping to get a chance to get him, too."

Carroll possibly is using Jon Gruden's patent-pending positivity approach, aimed at giving no one a reason to be upset with Seattle's first-year coach. It's also possible that Carroll genuinely covets each guy he mentioned, and that he wants each of them to know that, at some point in the future, Seattle could be an option.

Regardless of Carroll's motivation, the possibility of planting a seed in a player's mind regarding future possibilities requires Carroll to quit talking about players who are the property of other franchises. Though it's not a blatant example of tampering, it's the kind of talk that could (and perhaps should) anger the Panthers and/or Broncos.

If, for example, Clausen doesn't play as a rookie and Matt Moore cements his hold on the starting job in Carolina, Carroll's comments could make Clausen even less content in Charlotte, possibly prompting him to push for a trade to Seattle. Ditto for Decker, who now knows that Fisch and Carroll think highly of him in the event that the Broncos don't give him the kind of reps and receptions that Decker thinks he deserves.

Our guess is that Carroll won't receive a public knuckle-rapping for his comments, but we suspect that someone from the league office will be reminding him in clear terms that he needs to stop talking about how much he would have liked to have on his team players who are now legally bound to other NFL franchises.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-tebow-decker/
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:05 AM   #12
PRBronco
_never forget_
 
PRBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 4,252

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth
Default

Carroll reminds me of a hip high school counsellor who would sit in a chair backwards, or sit on his deck, put one knee up and say "hey guys, let's rap, what's on your mind?"

But he likes two of the Broncos, so I don't hate him.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:15 AM   #13
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,338

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
just great...I think Carroll is a moron
I bet the only reason you say this is because he coached at USC and everyone hates SoCal?
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:16 AM   #14
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I bet the only reason you say this is because he coached at USC and everyone hates SoCal?
nahhh...he was douche in New england too.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:39 AM   #15
Dos Rios
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBronco View Post
Carroll reminds me of a hip high school counsellor who would sit in a chair backwards, or sit on his deck, put one knee up and say "hey guys, let's rap, what's on your mind?"

But he likes two of the Broncos, so I don't hate him.

Dos Rios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:57 AM   #16
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,478

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
I can't stand Pete Carroll. I love the Tebow and Decker picks
I am truly shocked you like the tebow pick.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:59 AM   #17
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I am truly shocked you like the tebow pick.
why? it's just more ammo for us that think the Neckbeard sucks
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:01 AM   #18
supermanhr9
Ring of Famer
 
supermanhr9's Avatar
 
"I'm gonna burn this mother down"

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Back in DENVER BABY!!
Posts: 1,214

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nobody
Default

With every passign day, I am more and more excited about Tebow. I wish I was in town so I coudl watch Mini-camps, see if he can hack it at all.
supermanhr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:02 AM   #19
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
Hurry Hurry

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 12,159

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Carroll doesn't seem particularly forthcoming here since he's in love with EVERYONE. Did he criticize a single player?
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:03 AM   #20
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,478

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
why? it's just more ammo for us that think the Neckbeard sucks
"Neckbeard" will make the probowl this year and we will franchise him and trade him for a first round pick.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:04 AM   #21
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
"Neckbeard" will make the probowl this year and we will franchise him and trade him for a first round pick.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:04 AM   #22
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,292

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

It's always nice to hear other coaches and talent evaluators speaking highly of players we have selected. Decker was one of my favorite selections. If it wasn't for the concerns regarding his injury (injuries) -- I'd say he'd of been a Top 64 lock. I'm so glad we got 'em.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:05 AM   #23
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,478

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Than we will start Quinn in 2011 and trade him for a 1st rd pick and start Tebow mid 2011.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:33 AM   #24
ChSuperStar
Solid Starter
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 218

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I am truly shocked you like the tebow pick.
i like the tebow pick as well.. but i dont like what it costed us. I wanted him for just for 3rd round pick only. But his personality is good to have, still doubt how well he will adjust as QB in NFL.
ChSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:46 AM   #25
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,834

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
it's the kind of talk that could (and perhaps should) anger the Panthers and/or Broncos.
Yes, Florio. Because nothing pisses another team off more than saying you like their players. I'm sure Xanders and McDaniels are planning on flying to Seattle this weekend, so they can toilet paper Carroll's house.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:55 PM.


Denver Broncos