The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2010, 11:42 PM   #1
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Default It starts..... NFL Network and ESPN Analysts picking the Broncos to finish.....

I was watching some TV today and some idiot on ESPN said the Broncos will finish in 4th place in the AFC West, I also heard someone on Sirius NFL radio say it as well as Matt Williamson from ESPN radio....

Did I miss something ?

What the hell have the Chiefs and Raiders done to put themselves over us?

I have never seen a team get shafted in the media as much as the Broncos have over the years...... wow
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2010, 11:44 PM   #2
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Same thing happened last year and guys like Clayton and Dukes ended up looking like complete ignoramuses.

Clayton is a good for nothing nerd.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:46 PM   #3
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Why do you care? Would Tebow care?
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:00 AM   #4
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Dont worry about it. Soon they will be giving change to the hotdog vendor out at their nearest costco and notice the newly minted coins of Tebow on one side and the inscription stating, "In Tebow We Trust". If you thought Foneco, Chuck Norris and Hillis was big time, you havent seen anything yet.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:18 AM   #5
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

We lost Marshall but upgraded both lines. Improving the offensive and defensive lines will make us so much better. Factor in the easier schedule, and unless they think the other teams in our division are suddenly awesome, which would be just as stupid, I don't get where they're getting we got worse.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:25 AM   #6
Broncosfreak_56
Concrete Cyanide

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
We lost Marshall but upgraded both lines. Improving the offensive and defensive lines will make us so much better. Factor in the easier schedule, and unless they think the other teams in our division are suddenly awesome, which would be just as stupid, I don't get where they're getting we got worse.
I'll take a stab at that.

They got sh*t for brains?
Broncosfreak_56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:25 AM   #7
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

I will admit though that both Oakland and KC did get a hell of a lot better this off season with FA and the draft.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:43 AM   #8
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
I will admit though that both Oakland and KC did get a hell of a lot better this off season with FA and the draft.
Shoveling **** into their locker rooms would equate to them getting a hell of a lot better.

I'm not scared.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:25 AM   #9
FireFly
Ring of Famer

The window is open!

3 of the 4 teams got significantly better this offseason imo

The team that I DON'T think took significant steps forward, believe or not, is the Chargers.

I think this will be a much more competitive division in 2010
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:43 AM   #10
atomicbloke
Ring of Famer

La 12 Boca Juniors

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Offensive Line

By his own admission, John Clayton is a disgrace to human life.
atomicbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:25 AM   #11
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

They are a bunch of whores
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:43 AM   #12
*WARHORSE*
GNASHING OF TEETH

Let the heads roll.........

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lombardi III

Let it roll off the back. They'll look all the dumber later.

I figure if Beadles and Walton are good enough to earn the starting spots at guard and center, and TBone can get on the field in goaline packages, we should be a much better offense even without BM.

Rick Gosselin, supposed draft guru.....gave only Denver and KC a grade of A and A+ in the draft. He said we had the best 3rd round of any team.

He said Walton is a nasty player and will be the next "Nails" for us for many years. He said he should open a pancake house for the amount of pancake blocks he had at Baylor.

I believe Orton will be improved, and BM missing will be a boon for him to target all the receivers rather than yankin on that security blanket.
*WARHORSE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:49 AM   #13
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

I love **** like this. Which do you think motivates a player more; hearing the analysts are picking them to do well, or hearing that they're picking them to do poorly?
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:05 AM   #14
Caveat Lector
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNeckbeard View Post
Same thing happened last year and guys like Clayton and Dukes ended up looking like complete ignoramuses.

Clayton is a good for nothing nerd.

I'm suprised that fat moron can talk yet. Thought he'd still have his foot in his mouth from last year...
Caveat Lector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:14 AM   #15
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Well Broncos collapse every yr. Until we prove otherwise we are a soft, weak, crappy team. The AFC west has 3 crap team you have to pick one of them last. They probably figure Broncos lost there best offensive player so we will put them last.

We have a ton of ? marks but I just think we have a way better group then either Raiders or Chiefs. Not that we can sweep them, that would be tough because we just aren't that good, but I wouldn't swap rosters with either of those 2 teams.

I think Campbell and upgrade, but that Orton is better. I would rather have Orton. But right now media loving Oaklands dumping fat albert so they will get a lift from that.

KC I guess just sort of one of those teams no one cares about. I mean media doesn't seem to really care much. Not a lot of hate, not a lot of love, probably just hear about them in midwest.

Raiders and Broncos get a lot of passion in the west, so I'm not surprised Broncos hated outside the rocky mountain region.

Our Tebow who art in Denver. Give us the victory, our Sunday joy and we will forgive your wobbly throws. Lead us not into failure but deliver the Broncos to victory. For we hate the Raiders, the Chiefs and especially the Chargers.

Amen.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:14 AM   #16
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Good. Last place predictions make me happy.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:15 AM   #17
mizzoutigers
Seasoned Veteran

Again, most of these people are nerds that have never played a sport in their life, let alone football. it's a joke, don't even waste your time with these idiots
mizzoutigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:17 AM   #18
521 1N5
Perennial Pro-bowler

"analyst" and "experts" I'm tiring of them. I may just start watching the games on Sunday and stop reading opinions.
521 1N5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:32 AM   #19
rmsanger
I support Missouri cops

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

At the end of the season nobody will remember this article outside of Denver. Nobody will call these analysts out if we finish 2nd or 4th in the AFCW. To most of the league we one of the worst if not the worst division in football. So the difference between 2nd and 4th both having no playoff spots is neglible.

Not sure why the outrage on here as really if we finished 4th or 2nd last year in our division was meaningless, we still didn't make the playoffs.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:40 AM   #20
CEH
Ring of Famer

OAK doesn't have to do too much except get average QB play to improve this year. Watching them last year it's obvious how the QB play would drag the whole team down.

SD won 10 or so in a row so they will still be the favorites and came into Denver and rolled us like little b**ches. So did KC though we did KC the same to them but our collapse was epic with the playoffs still up in the air

This division is up for grabs but as was mentioned earlier we need to stop the late season collapses and win our division games at home and steal one on the road. 4-2 within the division is a minimum in order to compete.
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:50 AM   #21
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Wwtd?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:59 AM   #22
chex
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Well Broncos collapse every yr. Until we prove otherwise we are a soft, weak, crappy team. The AFC west has 3 crap team you have to pick one of them last. They probably figure Broncos lost there best offensive player so we will put them last.

I agree, that this is a huge part of it.

Another reason is the knee-jerk reaction coming out of the draft. Because they are terrible, KC & OAK picked top ten and got sexier names, ergo, they had a great draft. Like it took a genius to figure out to make those picks. Thatís all these guys do really, is grade based on the names, instead of actual need or talent. In 1997, the year Seattle drafted Walter Jones & Shawn Springs in the 1st round, Joe Theismann declared at the end of the 1st day of the draft that Seattle was going to the AFC Championship Game. Thatís how these guys make their predictions. No one is going to rave about a draft or a teamís fortunes when 3 offensive lineman are drafted, none in round 1.

It doesnít really matter at the end of the day though. No one takes them seriously, and even if we win the Super Bowl undefeated, thereíll be some reason how or why we lucked into it. Thereís still 4 months of this nonsense to wade through.
chex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:28 AM   #23
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I would assume people think we got worse (or didn't improve as much as the others) because we lost Marshall, are starting a rookie or two on a redone o-line, and had a pretty pathetic defense by the end of last season. I think we improved the d-line a lot but I'm not sure about our LBs. I would guess these analysts just don't see the improvement on the d-line though.

We do have huge question marks at receiver and o-line though. We will probably have rookies playing significant roles and none of us know how good they will be.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:36 AM   #24
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Oh yeah, we also have to either start Orton or a rookie at QB. Orton is horrible and Tebow is a rookie. I know one won't give us a good offense and the other probably won't for at least a season or three.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:45 AM   #25
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Elway is the new Jerry West

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinCitiesBronco View Post
Why do you care? Would Tebow care?
Haha. Quality work on the avatar
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote