The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 03:24 PM   #1
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,334

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default Tebow is already the top selling rookie Jersey

As announced by NFL network yesterday.

This got me to thinking about an article in the Post I read the other day about how Tebow is bringing star power to Denver. I don't think we completely realize how true that is. Tebow has national appeal - so much so that major networks tailored their draft coverage around the guy. Bronco nation just got one of the biggest sports super-stars in college FB history. We are going to see a huge swell of "migrant" fans coming here.

I personally welcome it. We have experienced and exodus of sorts with deserters going over to be Bears/Redskins fans. I think this move will breathe a lot of new life and excitement into the Broncos that we've been missing. Just looking at the threads you can already see the excitement and the level of optimism is way up. Now if we lose in the season and/or Tebow doesn't work out, it will be nothing more than a short term bump, but overall I think this will be a good thing for Broncos Nation long term.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2010, 03:33 PM   #2
crush17
orange & blue
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,405

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!
Default

If that means less people selling their season tickets to Pittsburgh and Dallas fans, then I'm all for it.

FFS.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:38 PM   #3
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

If Tebow becomes an all-pro player and shows well in the playoffs, he'll be the most popular athlete in the United States.

Ever.

Tebow has that Elvis quality. Weird to think about, but he'll be a superstar in this country like we havent seen since Elvis if he wins football games.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:40 PM   #4
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,334

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

There's Llama with one of his Waltonisms!

And by the way, sales for our first game in Jacksonville just shot up as well. Obviously that's his home turf, so it's going to show interest early but I think you'll see similar interest in our team grow nation wide.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:44 PM   #5
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'
 
2KBack's Avatar
 
Cake is delicious

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wash DC
Posts: 7,839
Default

This is where my personal excitement is coming from. I was vocal in not wanting ANY quarterback in the draft. I didn't care which one, I just wanted resources going to bigger needs. So while I was shocked, and a little dismayed at first, the energy that was suddenly infused in the Denver franchise was apparent very quickly. People simply love Tebow. It was funny to watch every analyst constantly mention that they like the guy and want him to be good, even if they didn't think he would be. I started to realize that people really do pull for the guy, and now pulling for Tebow means pulling for the Broncos. It has created a whirlwind of positive energy. It's infectious.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:45 PM   #6
Endy
Go Donks
 
Endy's Avatar
 
Thanks McDaniels for my season tix

Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Fayetteville AR
Posts: 448

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
There's Llama with one of his Waltonisms!

And by the way, sales for our first game in Jacksonville just shot up as well. Obviously that's his home turf, so it's going to show interest early but I think you'll see similar interest in our team grow nation wide.
Funny, when you consider that he'll likely spend most (if not all) of that game on the bench.
Endy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:47 PM   #7
bronclvr
Ring of Famer
 
bronclvr's Avatar
 
She is faster than you! 8.39 @ 156

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,891
Default

I think you brought up a great point, Khan. The more I hear about him, the more I like it-I was liiking at another Bronco Forum yesterday (can't remember which one now), but there was a new Bronco Fan on there that was an old Tebow Fan.

The thing that really chaps my butt is that this morning while I was on my way to work listening to NFL Radio, they said that they were having an interview with Pete Prisco, and the interview was about how much Prisco didn't like Tebow-you don't hear about them talking that way about McCoy or Bradford-
bronclvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:47 PM   #8
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,334

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat Endy View Post
Funny, when you consider that he'll likely spend most (if not all) of that game on the bench.
I know, right? Even if he develops fast, game one isn't going to be Tebow Time. I would love to see them put him out there in a wild horses to hand off the ball if for nothing else than to get the Jags fans cheering for our team, though.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:49 PM   #9
Mr.Meanie
Ring of Famer
 
Mr.Meanie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,607

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkillet View Post
If Tebow becomes an all-pro player and shows well in the playoffs, he'll be the most popular athlete in the United States.

Ever.

Tebow has that Elvis quality. Weird to think about, but he'll be a superstar in this country like we havent seen since Elvis if he wins football games.
Wow. Hyperbole much?
Mr.Meanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:53 PM   #10
crush17
orange & blue
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,405

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronclvr View Post
I think you brought up a great point, Khan. The more I hear about him, the more I like it-I was liiking at another Bronco Forum yesterday (can't remember which one now), but there was a new Bronco Fan on there that was an old Tebow Fan.

The thing that really chaps my butt is that this morning while I was on my way to work listening to NFL Radio, they said that they were having an interview with Pete Prisco, and the interview was about how much Prisco didn't like Tebow-you don't hear about them talking that way about McCoy or Bradford-
Pete Prisco is the douche of all douches.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:21 PM   #11
Dogsweat
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Denver
Posts: 197
Default

There's one reason why the Broncos drafted him!

Nice move.

Broncos are going National.

Last edited by Dogsweat; 04-27-2010 at 05:08 PM..
Dogsweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:29 PM   #12
rastaman
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 7,180

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkillet View Post
If Tebow becomes an all-pro player and shows well in the playoffs, he'll be the most popular athlete in the United States.

Ever.

Tebow has that Elvis quality. Weird to think about, but he'll be a superstar in this country like we havent seen since Elvis if he wins football games.
Hey , Will he be more popular than John Elway! Will Reverend Tebow make Denver forget about Mr. Elway
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:36 PM   #13
RunSilentRunDeep
Ring of Famer
 
RunSilentRunDeep's Avatar
 
I root for laundry

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,425

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
Hey , Will he be more popular than John Elway! Will Reverend Tebow make Denver forget about Mr. Elway
Everyone thought John "The Baptist" Elway was the Man until the real Messiah came along.
RunSilentRunDeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:36 PM   #14
Kid A
Ring of Famer
 
Kid A's Avatar
 
I don't need love. I just need wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,292

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkillet View Post
If Tebow becomes an all-pro player and shows well in the playoffs, he'll be the most popular athlete in the United States.

Ever.

Tebow has that Elvis quality. Weird to think about, but he'll be a superstar in this country like we havent seen since Elvis if he wins football games.

Woah there. No doubt, if he becomes an all-pro who wins a Super Bowl or two he'll be one of the faces of the league. Maybe Manning territory plus a little. But that's assuming he is really really good.

His odds of becoming a true cultural icon on par with Elvis or Michael Jordan are nil. As they are for pretty much every football player. You can become hugely famous, featured in dozens of TV ads, but you can't reinvent an entire industry and remain an icon the world over by simply playing QB well and having a likable personality.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:00 PM   #15
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,528

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunSilentRunDeep View Post
Everyone thought John "The Baptist" Elway was the Man until the real Messiah came along.
*disclaimer* I am not saying TT is anything even close, or will be anything even close to #7 *disclaimer

I was talking to my brother yesterday and I told him that Tebow is the first player that has come to Denver since #7 that makes me feel like he could eclipse the celebrity he built here if it all worked out. I never felt that about any other player until now and honestly I feel dirty thinking it before the kid plays a down for us as a starter.

Now put down your flamethrowers and read my disclaimer again, I am in no way saying that he will be or is a better player. I am saying that this situation has the potential to be possibly the biggest storybook situation in the NFL in some time. It goes so far beyond football it isn't even funny. I bet that the typical comparisons to John won't phase this kid one bit because I truly think he doesn't WANT to be John...he wants to make this Tebow's team. I could even see him going to Elway for advice because you can tell that he also respects people, and definitely his predecessors.

It's exciting to think about the possibilities here should it work out. Then again, it could flop but man the risk seems worth it so far. Just an amazingly exciting time to be a Broncos fan.

Sorry for the blasphemy
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:07 PM   #16
hookemhess
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
hookemhess's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Austin
Posts: 928

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Blake Gideon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKid A View Post
Woah there. No doubt, if he becomes an all-pro who wins a Super Bowl or two he'll be one of the faces of the league. Maybe Manning territory plus a little. But that's assuming he is really really good.

His odds of becoming a true cultural icon on par with Elvis or Michael Jordan are nil. As they are for pretty much every football player. You can become hugely famous, featured in dozens of TV ads, but you can't reinvent an entire industry and remain an icon the world over by simply playing QB well and having a likable personality.
I was waiting for someone to drop his name so I could /exit thread.
hookemhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:24 PM   #17
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
There's Llama with one of his Waltonisms!

And by the way, sales for our first game in Jacksonville just shot up as well. Obviously that's his home turf, so it's going to show interest early but I think you'll see similar interest in our team grow nation wide.
Just watch. If you catch wind of what the Florida faithful think of Tebow, you'll see what awaits. He creates loyal, appreciative fans that cross cultural boundaries. If what he did at Florida translates to the NFL, Tebow will be the most popular athlete ever to play a professional sport in the United States.

Players like Tebow end up creating new fans all the time. Its what happened to me with Elway (in his first year no less). If Tebow is successful as a QB, he'll create fans all over the country.

Tebow has an Elvis-esque mass appeal. Southern gentleman, good looking, extremely talented, aw-shucks personality, when he's at his best you see passion and vigor for his craft...Tebow has "Elvis" appeal. Endorsements will be abundant and will be marketed across the board from 5-year old kids to mens products.

The NFL will latch onto his personality because when you get down to brass tacks, he is what they want to represent their product to the football fans in the Midwest, the West, the South and the Southeast. Tebow already owns the Southeast.

Last edited by epicSocialism4tw; 04-27-2010 at 05:29 PM..
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:48 PM   #18
Mr.Meanie
Ring of Famer
 
Mr.Meanie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,607

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkillet View Post
Just watch. If you catch wind of what the Florida faithful think of Tebow, you'll see what awaits. He creates loyal, appreciative fans that cross cultural boundaries. If what he did at Florida translates to the NFL, Tebow will be the most popular athlete ever to play a professional sport in the United States.

Players like Tebow end up creating new fans all the time. Its what happened to me with Elway (in his first year no less). If Tebow is successful as a QB, he'll create fans all over the country.

Tebow has an Elvis-esque mass appeal. Southern gentleman, good looking, extremely talented, aw-shucks personality, when he's at his best you see passion and vigor for his craft...Tebow has "Elvis" appeal. Endorsements will be abundant and will be marketed across the board from 5-year old kids to mens products.

The NFL will latch onto his personality because when you get down to brass tacks, he is what they want to represent their product to the football fans in the Midwest, the West, the South and the Southeast. Tebow already owns the Southeast.

So Tebow is going to eclipse Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, Babe Ruth, Tiger, Peyton, Muhammad Ali, etc?

Yeah...good luck with that.
Mr.Meanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:52 PM   #19
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,334

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Sorry but I don't see him hitting that level unless he does super-extroardinary things and even then I don't think he'll sniff guys like Woods and Jordan. Jordan is still the most universally recognized basketball player with the most purchased shoes and its almost been a decade since he was done. Football players don't become as huge. Manning is the closest and I'm pretty sure he'll fade when he's done.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:55 PM   #20
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck
 
Chris's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,562

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default

Baby steps guys. You can have expectations but I recommend patience.

One thing I will say - the look on Goodell's face (of surprise and disappointment) as he looked at someone when walking away after reading the pick priceless. I'm guessing he suspected his cash cow NE would do it.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:05 PM   #21
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Meanie View Post
So Tebow is going to eclipse Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, Babe Ruth, Tiger, Peyton, Muhammad Ali, etc?

Yeah...good luck with that.
Like I said...if what Tebow did in Florida translates to the NFL (I'm talking about his quality of play and the scoreboard results), then Tim Tebow will be the most popular American athlete ever to play in the United States. He has everything that advertisers want. Endorsements are lined up.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:39 PM   #22
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,433

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Circle of life...
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:45 PM   #23
Dogsweat
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Denver
Posts: 197
Default

Quote:
Like I said...if what Tebow did in Florida translates to the NFL (I'm talking about his quality of play and the scoreboard results), then Tim Tebow will be the most popular American athlete ever to play in the United States. He has everything that advertisers want. Endorsements are lined up.
What ever your views on Tebow, you must admit this is a good thing.

The Broncos going National would be welcomed.

The Packers, Raiders,Cowboys and Steelers all have legion of fans that show up on the road and take over the home team's venue.

It would be nice to see the Broncos have that same following on the road--Especially in Oakland.

Tebow Mania =Bronco Mania

Dogsweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:51 PM   #24
TheDave
Sauced...
 
TheDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 15,000
Default

Tebow has to be the first draft pick in history that will be considered a disapointment if he has a HOF career.


There are a lot of people on this site that are setting themselves up for a massive fall.
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:54 PM   #25
montrose
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 6,077

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
If that means less people selling their season tickets to Pittsburgh and Dallas fans, then I'm all for it.
This!
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:49 PM.


Denver Broncos