The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2014, 11:48 PM   #1026
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!
 
DomCasual's Avatar
 
Shameless Homer

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 14,041

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopgap View Post
Well, I read the full thread for once. For some reason I always stayed away from it.

My question is not related but it was brought up. What's the story behind this ongoing 'Ghostbusters' joke?
And, a follow-up.

Why is it said that, "The child enters the theater to watch Ghostbusters; but when he exits, the door opens straight onto Crack Alley?"
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:53 PM   #1027
stopgap
Chicken
 
stopgap's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 582

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
And, a follow-up.

Why is it said that, "The child enters the theater to watch Ghostbusters; but when he exits, the door opens straight onto Crack Alley?"
I know I am not up to speed obviously. I am still lost and just wanted a quick summary so I can feel like part of the team.
stopgap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 12:22 AM   #1028
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,728
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopgap View Post
Well, I read the full thread for once. For some reason I always stayed away from it.

My question is not related but it was brought up. What's the story behind this ongoing 'Ghostbusters' joke?

A poster believed (seriously) that Ghostbusters was a horrible thing to show children under the age of 10.

Mockery rightfully ensued.


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:10 AM   #1029
McDman
Ring of Famer
 
McDman's Avatar
 
Huzzah!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,747

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopgap View Post
I know I am not up to speed obviously. I am still lost and just wanted a quick summary so I can feel like part of the team.
He let someone watch hia kid and when he picked them up the kid had been allowed to watch Ghostbusters. He came on here venting about how irresponsible it was and got blasted for it.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:28 AM   #1030
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!
 
Drunk Monkey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
And, a follow-up.

Why is it said that, "The child enters the theater to watch Ghostbusters; but when he exits, the door opens straight onto Crack Alley?"
Meth Alley
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:55 AM   #1031
rugbythug
Church Eyes.
 
rugbythug's Avatar
 
Salty Dog

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,077

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post
A poster believed (seriously) that Ghostbusters was a horrible thing to show children under the age of 10.

Mockery rightfully ensued.


He is only 8 now. I think he was 4 at the time.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:04 AM   #1032
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 2,957

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green
Default

Just finished entire thread. I can't believe I waited 4 years to read it in full. Epic thread, and I wish I had gotten in on it on day one. And I can almost believe it too, because p***y is one hell of a drug.

Well, all but one part. The allegations by the step-daughter to the day care center is a bit over the top. That part of the story gives me pause on the whole thing. But an entertaining read, nonetheless, even if not true.

But I do have a question: was it ever established who rockpapersissors is/was?

Somebody ruled out HotRod. Any other guesses out there?
R8R H8R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:00 AM   #1033
Hamrob
All-American!
 
Hamrob's Avatar
 
All-American!

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 6,247

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

I'm with Rev on this one. Break up. Put your chin up and don't look back.

Find someone who is also college educated and shares the same goals as you do.

Then, do some research and figure out where you want to live.

Look, if you're in a relationship, it has to be a give and take thing where you can each count on the other...not be one sided.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:22 AM   #1034
ShiftyEyedWaterboy
Ring of Famer
 
ShiftyEyedWaterboy's Avatar
 
Mr. Hockey

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Littleton
Posts: 1,049

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Perna
Default

Love the people posting like this thread was started this morning
ShiftyEyedWaterboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:24 AM   #1035
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,747

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

This bump was a very stupid idea. Let it die already and move on.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:41 AM   #1036
McDman
Ring of Famer
 
McDman's Avatar
 
Huzzah!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,747

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
I'm with Rev on this one. Break up. Put your chin up and don't look back.

Find someone who is also college educated and shares the same goals as you do.

Then, do some research and figure out where you want to live.

Look, if you're in a relationship, it has to be a give and take thing where you can each count on the other...not be one sided.
Little late to the party.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:42 AM   #1037
McDman
Ring of Famer
 
McDman's Avatar
 
Huzzah!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,747

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
This bump was a very stupid idea. Let it die already and move on.
Go listen to your classic rock Gary Wright albums.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:46 AM   #1038
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,747

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
Go listen to your classic rock Gary Wright albums.
You bumped it just because it's about 4 years old. Who f'n cares. Rule of thumb , there should be some decent reason why to bump threads. Not just because it's "old" and you think we all need to be reminded of it.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:58 AM   #1039
McDman
Ring of Famer
 
McDman's Avatar
 
Huzzah!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,747

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
You bumped it just because it's about 4 years old. Who f'n cares. Rule of thumb , there should be some decent reason why to bump threads. Not just because it's "old" and you think we all need to be reminded of it.
And yet you took the time to respond not once but twice. Is the thread taking up too much space on your monitor? Why click on it?
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 12:16 PM   #1040
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!
 
DomCasual's Avatar
 
Shameless Homer

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 14,041

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
Meth Alley
Shoot. You're right. That could have spelled disaster!
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 12:20 PM   #1041
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
And yet you took the time to respond not once but twice. Is the thread taking up too much space on your monitor? Why click on it?
Sometimes the board trips out and posters start policing **** all over the place. It's a strange place you never know when people will make fun of a plane crash or get pissed because someone made an off color joke.

You don't know when people will get upset over a thread bump and think it's funny, or come on the thread and post why are you idiots bumping this thread.

Or sometimes a person posts a non football thread in season and it's ok, other times you just ruined the football purity of the temple of orange.

Thats why you just have to call them pussies and move on.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 12:26 PM   #1042
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,285

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Sometimes the board trips out and posters start policing **** all over the place. It's a strange place you never know when people will make fun of a plane crash or get pissed because someone made an off color joke.

You don't know when people will get upset over a thread bump and think it's funny, or come on the thread and post why are you idiots bumping this thread.

Or sometimes a person posts a non football thread in season and it's ok, other times you just ruined the football purity of the temple of orange.

Thats why you just have to call them pussies and move on.
The first three posts determine the direction and flavor of the thread at least initially, in a long thread it will weave and bend like the great Mississippi.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 02:53 PM   #1043
JCMElway
Moderate-erator
 
JCMElway's Avatar
 
Dominate!

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 7,288

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg
Default

In before page 36!

How did I miss this thread anyway?
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 03:09 PM   #1044
Bronc0guy
50 Omaha Set Hut
 
Bronc0guy's Avatar
 
Get him in the HOF

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,274

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer
Default

I just finished reading this whole thread. Why isn't it in the ROF?
Bronc0guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 03:10 PM   #1045
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 21,600
Default

p***Y is a powerful drug
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 03:23 PM   #1046
RockPaperSissors
Just Drafted
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 26

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

You ass munchers ruined my life with your lawn chair advise. I get an email every time you post here and I will see you at a tailgate and you won't like it. Sex and love are not always the same thing . remember that next time you ruin someones life.
RockPaperSissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 03:47 PM   #1047
rugbythug
Church Eyes.
 
rugbythug's Avatar
 
Salty Dog

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,077

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockPaperSissors View Post
You ass munchers ruined my life with your lawn chair advise. I get an email every time you post here and I will see you at a tailgate and you won't like it. Sex and love are not always the same thing . remember that next time you ruin someones life.
If it was so easy to ruin someones life I would do it more often.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 03:49 PM   #1048
ShiftyEyedWaterboy
Ring of Famer
 
ShiftyEyedWaterboy's Avatar
 
Mr. Hockey

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Littleton
Posts: 1,049

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Perna
Default

ShiftyEyedWaterboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 04:10 PM   #1049
McDman
Ring of Famer
 
McDman's Avatar
 
Huzzah!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,747

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc0guy View Post
I just finished reading this whole thread. Why isn't it in the ROF?
No idea. It is just so good.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 04:22 PM   #1050
Miss I.
Dom Casual Groupie
 
Miss I.'s Avatar
 
b**** Please!

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: with my sisterwives
Posts: 8,053

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wes Welker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockPaperSissors View Post
You ass munchers ruined my life with your lawn chair advise. I get an email every time you post here and I will see you at a tailgate and you won't like it. Sex and love are not always the same thing . remember that next time you ruin someones life.
Okay so which one of the OM members is this? Because after a quick scan of "her" old posts it made me realize two things:
1. I posted some really stupid things in here, but at least I didn't run off to Myrtle Beach with some crazy person.
2. This poster knew more about some of the posters than a person new to the OM would have so it smells of an alternate account.

Plus couple that with "her" coincidental reemergence after someone bumped it, I am a bit suspicious. I know it's off season, but if you guy are that bored I could start a new thread and ask you for advice on meeting the right guy. That surely couldn't go wrong, could it?
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:02 PM.


Denver Broncos