The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #726
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Don't be so sure about that. You could be happily married to someone else right now and have a child with them. One decision two years ago changed everything.
or could be a 27 year old single guy with a great job and a nice apartment, going out every weekend and enjoying the last few years of youth

but hey, he sounds happy so really thats all that matters
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #727
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
We've all been burned at one time or another. The smart people know when to cut their losses (like you).

Oh, and when to listen to sound advice from others.

That being said, you can't fix stupid and stubburn.
first person I called was my father when I found out...he said point blank what he would do...i followed suit and it was the best thing I ever did...no drama, no police, no fighting nothing....just a nice long cross country drive with my dog to mentally untangle myself...got home and was ready to rock 3 days laters
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:29 PM   #728
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
first person I called was my father when I found out...he said point blank what he would do...i followed suit and it was the best thing I ever did...no drama, no police, no fighting nothing....just a nice long cross country drive with my dog to mentally untangle myself...got home and was ready to rock 3 days laters
I've been hammered in a past relationship too. I walked away from it before it got ugly. I gave her the house and everything in it except for what I could pack into a van.

I have no regrets, it's absolutely the best decision I could have made.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:31 PM   #729
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
whoa...did you just read the first post of this mammoth thread??
LMAO! I saw that. You a little late to the party.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:42 PM   #730
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Okay, so now we know what Orton was doing in the off seasons...it explains a lot.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:42 PM   #731
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
Okay, I'm in the process of making a decision in my life, and need some advice.

I am currently living in Texas, and I hate it here, only reason I moved here was to be near my family. However, there are family issues and I really want to move away.
First, let me say I got involved with a great woman, and we got engaged not too long ago. She moved here in Texas to be with me, but alas, she hates it here too. Now, I don't want to get in too many details, but she had a terrible childhood that caused her to have to drop out of high school, but is set on getting a GED to get into college. She is 22, and I am 25 with a Bachelor's in Accounting from University of Oklahoma. I have an okay job for a private company here, but could definitely get a better one with the economy picking up. She hasn't had a job because she continues to get hired at a place and either not like it, or the pay/hours are **** and no use working it for getting the price back to cover the gas.
Also, she has a 4 year old daughter, so makes it tougher.
Now, she comes from the East Coast, Myrtle Beach, SC. She is very easy-going, comfortable and I'll say "care-free". Most people over there are. Well, she tells me we can move to Myrtle Beach, cut our expenses down, she can easily get a job as a server, and she has contacts and a staffing agency that can get me a job in a month. Basically, become financially stable because we aren't here.
Now, my parents/family will be upset due to the fact that I am leaving a job, known income, to go someplace where there is no guarantee, and also have no money.

I know I'm leaving some stuff out, but basically, I want to hear what other people think of moving out there, which she wants to do in June, for what she feels is the right thing to do, and will make us stable and happy.
if she is a chronic job jumper i personally wouldn't out much stock into what she says about getting a job as a server. also considering you have a decent job now, don't leave for a new one until you know you have another one lined up. unless you have a good amount of savings built up and can live on that while you find a new job and even though the economy is picking up some, nothing is guaranteed.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #732
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Another person who missed this the first few times it was bumped? How is this possible?

I almost envy them going through this for the first time all over again.

Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #733
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

This bears repeating...

HE LET THE DUDE WHO BANGED HIS WOMAN CONTINUE TO LIVE WITH THEM!!!!

WTF ?!?!?!?!?!?!?
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:46 PM   #734
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
This bears repeating...

HE LET THE DUDE WHO BANGED HIS WOMAN CONTINUE TO LIVE WITH THEM!!!!

WTF ?!?!?!?!?!?!?
And what's even funnier is he'd probably still be there banging away if all he did was pay a little rent.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:49 PM   #735
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
I moved out to California with a girl...she stopped paying rent because she got fired, then I found out she cheated on me with a neighbor. I called a moving company to pack everything I owned the next day (all the furniture, dishes, bed set, etc..) and drove home immediately. Didn't regret the move or the experience but at a certain point you have to know when to fold your hand.
You gotta know when to hold 'em... know when to fold 'em.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #736
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Considering I have a beautiful daughter that means the world to me, I have a stable job gaining the precious experience, and no longer have to deal with her crazy ass, I feel it all has worked out.
I have been raising my daughter for almost 4 months on my own now. I caught her up on immunizations, enrolled her in a great daycare, ensure she has plenty of food, bathe her every night, lotion every night, make sure she is stocked up on clean clothes and diapers. Get her doctor visits if she's sick, spend pretty much all my free time playing/interacting with her. The moment she started to walk has been one of the happiest days of my life, it was amazing for me.

As for all the comments why I didn't beat up Kyle, etc. Well, who has a criminal record now? Not I, heck I've been told Kyle has had some trouble getting a decent job due to him having a criminal assault charge now. And if the former Mrs. ever wants to try to "win back" her kid(not likely able to anyways since she lost already), and if she is still with him, guess who gets to play "My child is not living in the household of a man convicted of family violence" card?

I will admit I chose things poorly, but if I broke up with her back then, I wouldn't have this beautiful daughter to raise.
have you made her pay child support yet?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #737
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
have you made her pay child support yet?
I've processed it all, and its still in the "establishment" phase with the Attorney General's office here in Houston.
The court order that was signed stated child support was due to begin May 1st, Talking with my lawyer he said usually the courts won't do much unless the dollar amount gets in the thousands. I figure if she continues to be a b**** about things, and not pay, come next year I just might look at going to the courts and have them deal with it.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:00 PM   #738
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I've processed it all, and its still in the "establishment" phase with the Attorney General's office here in Houston.
The court order that was signed stated child support was due to begin May 1st, Talking with my lawyer he said usually the courts won't do much unless the dollar amount gets in the thousands. I figure if she continues to be a b**** about things, and not pay, come next year I just might look at going to the courts and have them deal with it.
No you won't.

You're her b****.

...As you've exhibited throughout the ENTIRETY of this thread.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:08 PM   #739
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
And what's even funnier is he'd probably still be there banging away if all he did was pay a little rent.
Yeah....both guys made bad decisions......

OP, for obviously allowing a banger-of-thy-woman to continue to live in the residence......

And the banger, for not leaving well enough alone.....i.e. he was getting free rent and sex, yet he was dumb enough to attack the guy that was allowing it. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you!

Old 06-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #740
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
No you won't.

You're her b****.

...As you've exhibited throughout the ENTIRETY of this thread.
100% what i was thinking.

24champ- This is not an equal relationship (even though its over you still have to deal with her on some level so it is a relationship just not a loving one)- this relationship only has two things:
1-the dominant person
2-the biotch.

Dont be the b****, this is your lesson and time to learn. One of you two is going to be the b****, there is no way around it. It will happen. So if you are tired of feeling like this, and making excuses about how great it is being a young single dad is, then man the eff up and bring the hammer down on her. You've been the b**** the entire relationship she will not be expecting you to switch the roles on her and catch her by surprise. Be the man, be the one large and in charge for your daughter.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #741
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
You should. Paying for kids goes both ways, women should not get out of it. Don't worry so much about people making fun of you. If it's just in fun, little jabs no big deal, but when it gets personal I feel it says more about the person hurling the insult, then it does what happened to you.

The statement from attorney courts won't deal with it until its in the thousands sounds sort of fishy to me. I work in a law office part time and usually that means they are too busy to do it right now. Its ok though if the guy a good lawyer it doesn't mean much other then he is busy and will say what he needs to say to clients. Sometimes outright ignore them because answering the phone is a billable thing etc etc. Then you could also start a facebook page about how she is a deadbeat mom, send invites to everyone you know that knows her. Worked well for a person I know in CA except they did it through twitter.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #742
brncs_fan
How about some Tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Manti Teo

Quote:
Okay, I'm in the process of making a decision in my life, and need some advice.

I am currently living in Texas, and I hate it here, only reason I moved here was to be near my family. However, there are family issues and I really want to move away.
First, let me say I got involved with a great woman, and we got engaged not too long ago. She moved here in Texas to be with me, but alas, she hates it here too. Now, I don't want to get in too many details, but she had a terrible childhood that caused her to have to drop out of high school, but is set on getting a GED to get into college. She is 22, and I am 25 with a Bachelor's in Accounting from University of Oklahoma. I have an okay job for a private company here, but could definitely get a better one with the economy picking up. She hasn't had a job because she continues to get hired at a place and either not like it, or the pay/hours are **** and no use working it for getting the price back to cover the gas.
Also, she has a 4 year old daughter, so makes it tougher.
Now, she comes from the East Coast, Myrtle Beach, SC. She is very easy-going, comfortable and I'll say "care-free". Most people over there are. Well, she tells me we can move to Myrtle Beach, cut our expenses down, she can easily get a job as a server, and she has contacts and a staffing agency that can get me a job in a month. Basically, become financially stable because we aren't here.
Now, my parents/family will be upset due to the fact that I am leaving a job, known income, to go someplace where there is no guarantee, and also have no money.

I know I'm leaving some stuff out, but basically, I want to hear what other people think of moving out there, which she wants to do in June, for what she feels is the right thing to do, and will make us stable and happy.
I say go for it! What is the worst that could happen? It's not like you are going to knock her up and then catch her cheating on you with your roommate that she wanted to move in with you and then get the **** kicked out of you by said roommate and end up living back at home with your mom trying to get child support payments.
brncs_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:35 PM   #743
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
You might just think about looking into going to court for the money you're owed if you still aren't getting paid in a year?

Can I have $200 dollars? I'll totally pay you back. Trust me.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #744
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
You might just think about looking into going to court for the money you're owed if you still aren't getting paid in a year?

Can I have $200 dollars? I'll totally pay you back. Trust me.
for some reason this made me think of this important story from Popeye...

I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today...
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:52 PM   #745
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Okay guys, let me enlighten some of you. I won my court back in mid April, and immediately set up a case with the Attorney General for establishing child support referencing the court case number.
Just now there is an update that the Attorney General has been appointed to handle the payments for child support, all payments are paid to them, who then pay me. This is to keep an accurate record of all payments, and she can't claim she paid me cash and I accepted it. Only acceptable child support payments are done through them. Plus, if she's employed, it is supposed to be taken out of her paycheck automatically. From a source, I hear she's gotten fired from a recent job, and the other thing of note I found out, she's pregnant. lol

Now, with the child support, yes I'm entitled to it, but she's in another state, and actually has not been served with official court papers of the outcome of the custody battle. She knows I won, she knows she's supposed to pay child support. I don't want to pay the process server fees for getting her officially served, especially since I don't know her exact location. Add to it, if I went to the courts saying she isn't paying, they would need to be able to find out where she is to serve her that I'm going after her for the child support.
I'm honestly waiting to get all the child support stuff set up and processed, and then look at what I can do. The least of my concerns right now are forcing her to pay money because then I would actually have to have communication outside the family website I'm using, which she has yet to sign up for.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:06 PM   #746
Cleo McDowell
underrated.

well....

Godspeed...

If she ever comes knocking (I'd put money on it), DONT TAKE HER BACK.
Cleo McDowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:17 PM   #747
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleo McDowell View Post
well....

Godspeed...

If she ever comes knocking (I'd put money on it), DONT TAKE HER BACK.
THIS X 100,000,000,000,000,000 !!!!!
Old 06-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #748
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleo McDowell View Post
well....

Godspeed...

If she ever comes knocking (I'd put money on it), Blow it in her eye first. But.. DONT TAKE HER BACK.

Fixed.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #749
delany
Uber Bronco

Can we get RockPaperSissors to offer her opinion now?
delany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:20 PM   #750
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

I'd be doing everything I could to find her exact location. You need to get your money, it will help raise your child.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote