The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2012, 01:00 PM   #676
broncswin
God I love those Broncos
 
broncswin's Avatar
 
Bring back the hardware

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Broncos Fantasy Land
Posts: 2,188

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos
Default

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:04 PM   #677
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 21,973

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
only read a little about this page one and then the last page..

how about, walk a mile in his moccasins before opening ones mouth..
If you read the whole thread, you'd feel like you walked more than a mile. I feel like I've walked all the way to Myrtle Beach myself.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #678
BroncoBen
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBen's Avatar
 
Go Broncos !!

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
... I know I'm leaving some stuff out, but basically, I want to hear what other people think of moving out there, which she wants to do in June, for what she feels is the right thing to do, and will make us stable and happy.
My Philosophy in life has always been.. 'The best time to find a job.. is when you have a job'.
If you can take some time ... go out to Myrtle Beach and see if you leave some resumes, make some contacts, get a feel for the job market.

Your girl working in the 'Server Industry' can get a job anywhere, anytime... It's going to be you that are going to have a rough go at finding a job in what you went to school for.

Don't feel pressure in having to make this move in June.. take a couple of months to figure it out.
BroncoBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:10 PM   #679
vancejohnson82
The Invisible Man
 
vancejohnson82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Posts: 6,186

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points
Default

I moved out to California with a girl...she stopped paying rent because she got fired, then I found out she cheated on me with a neighbor. I called a moving company to pack everything I owned the next day (all the furniture, dishes, bed set, etc..) and drove home immediately. Didn't regret the move or the experience but at a certain point you have to know when to fold your hand.
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:11 PM   #680
vancejohnson82
The Invisible Man
 
vancejohnson82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Posts: 6,186

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBen View Post
My Philosophy in life has always been.. 'The best time to find a job.. is when you have a job'.
If you can take some time ... go out to Myrtle Beach and see if you leave some resumes, make some contacts, get a feel for the job market.

Your girl working in the 'Server Industry' can get a job anywhere, anytime... It's going to be you that are going to have a rough go at finding a job in what you went to school for.

Don't feel pressure in having to make this move in June.. take a couple of months to figure it out.
whoa...did you just read the first post of this mammoth thread??
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:11 PM   #681
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 21,973

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBen View Post
My Philosophy in life has always been.. 'The best time to find a job.. is when you have a job'.
If you can take some time ... go out to Myrtle Beach and see if you leave some resumes, make some contacts, get a feel for the job market.

Your girl working in the 'Server Industry' can get a job anywhere, anytime... It's going to be you that are going to have a rough go at finding a job in what you went to school for.

Don't feel pressure in having to make this move in June.. take a couple of months to figure it out.
fyi - You're responding to a 2+ year old post. A whole lot has happened since then.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:13 PM   #682
BroncoBen
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBen's Avatar
 
Go Broncos !!

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
fyi - You're responding to a 2+ year old post. A whole lot has happened since then.
... My bad... yes, I just read the 1st post.
BroncoBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:16 PM   #683
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY
 
TheChamp24's Avatar
 
The Legend

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Broncos Country
Posts: 5,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Thread starts: 25 years old, single but engaged, good job, living on his own.

Thread ends: 27 years old, single after fiancee cheats on him with live in roommate, same job?, living with his parents with a baby that mommy wants no part of, in middle of custody battle and other potential litigation as a result of getting beat up in front of said kid by the live in......and he also now has a record with Child Protective Services courtesy of his step daughter at the time.

And yet someone thinks "it all worked out for him"........only on the Mane.
Considering I have a beautiful daughter that means the world to me, I have a stable job gaining the precious experience, and no longer have to deal with her crazy ass, I feel it all has worked out.
I have been raising my daughter for almost 4 months on my own now. I caught her up on immunizations, enrolled her in a great daycare, ensure she has plenty of food, bathe her every night, lotion every night, make sure she is stocked up on clean clothes and diapers. Get her doctor visits if she's sick, spend pretty much all my free time playing/interacting with her. The moment she started to walk has been one of the happiest days of my life, it was amazing for me.

As for all the comments why I didn't beat up Kyle, etc. Well, who has a criminal record now? Not I, heck I've been told Kyle has had some trouble getting a decent job due to him having a criminal assault charge now. And if the former Mrs. ever wants to try to "win back" her kid(not likely able to anyways since she lost already), and if she is still with him, guess who gets to play "My child is not living in the household of a man convicted of family violence" card?

I will admit I chose things poorly, but if I broke up with her back then, I wouldn't have this beautiful daughter to raise.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:18 PM   #684
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 25,037

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
I moved out to California with a girl...she stopped paying rent because she got fired, then I found out she cheated on me with a neighbor. I called a moving company to pack everything I owned the next day (all the furniture, dishes, bed set, etc..) and drove home immediately. Didn't regret the move or the experience but at a certain point you have to know when to fold your hand.
We've all been burned at one time or another. The smart people know when to cut their losses (like you).

Oh, and when to listen to sound advice from others.

That being said, you can't fix stupid and stubburn.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #685
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 21,973

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
I will admit I chose things poorly, but if I broke up with her back then, I wouldn't have this beautiful daughter to raise.
Don't be so sure about that. You could be happily married to someone else right now and have a child with them. One decision two years ago changed everything.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #686
vancejohnson82
The Invisible Man
 
vancejohnson82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Posts: 6,186

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Don't be so sure about that. You could be happily married to someone else right now and have a child with them. One decision two years ago changed everything.
or could be a 27 year old single guy with a great job and a nice apartment, going out every weekend and enjoying the last few years of youth

but hey, he sounds happy so really thats all that matters
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #687
vancejohnson82
The Invisible Man
 
vancejohnson82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Posts: 6,186

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
We've all been burned at one time or another. The smart people know when to cut their losses (like you).

Oh, and when to listen to sound advice from others.

That being said, you can't fix stupid and stubburn.
first person I called was my father when I found out...he said point blank what he would do...i followed suit and it was the best thing I ever did...no drama, no police, no fighting nothing....just a nice long cross country drive with my dog to mentally untangle myself...got home and was ready to rock 3 days laters
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:29 PM   #688
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 25,037

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
first person I called was my father when I found out...he said point blank what he would do...i followed suit and it was the best thing I ever did...no drama, no police, no fighting nothing....just a nice long cross country drive with my dog to mentally untangle myself...got home and was ready to rock 3 days laters
I've been hammered in a past relationship too. I walked away from it before it got ugly. I gave her the house and everything in it except for what I could pack into a van.

I have no regrets, it's absolutely the best decision I could have made.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:31 PM   #689
HILife
Ring of Famer
 
HILife's Avatar
 
Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: DC - NOVA - DMV - VA - Take your pick
Posts: 4,862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
whoa...did you just read the first post of this mammoth thread??
LMAO! I saw that. You a little late to the party.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:42 PM   #690
Miss I.
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,884

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGate Nut
Default

Okay, so now we know what Orton was doing in the off seasons...it explains a lot.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:42 PM   #691
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 14,096

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
Okay, I'm in the process of making a decision in my life, and need some advice.

I am currently living in Texas, and I hate it here, only reason I moved here was to be near my family. However, there are family issues and I really want to move away.
First, let me say I got involved with a great woman, and we got engaged not too long ago. She moved here in Texas to be with me, but alas, she hates it here too. Now, I don't want to get in too many details, but she had a terrible childhood that caused her to have to drop out of high school, but is set on getting a GED to get into college. She is 22, and I am 25 with a Bachelor's in Accounting from University of Oklahoma. I have an okay job for a private company here, but could definitely get a better one with the economy picking up. She hasn't had a job because she continues to get hired at a place and either not like it, or the pay/hours are **** and no use working it for getting the price back to cover the gas.
Also, she has a 4 year old daughter, so makes it tougher.
Now, she comes from the East Coast, Myrtle Beach, SC. She is very easy-going, comfortable and I'll say "care-free". Most people over there are. Well, she tells me we can move to Myrtle Beach, cut our expenses down, she can easily get a job as a server, and she has contacts and a staffing agency that can get me a job in a month. Basically, become financially stable because we aren't here.
Now, my parents/family will be upset due to the fact that I am leaving a job, known income, to go someplace where there is no guarantee, and also have no money.

I know I'm leaving some stuff out, but basically, I want to hear what other people think of moving out there, which she wants to do in June, for what she feels is the right thing to do, and will make us stable and happy.
if she is a chronic job jumper i personally wouldn't out much stock into what she says about getting a job as a server. also considering you have a decent job now, don't leave for a new one until you know you have another one lined up. unless you have a good amount of savings built up and can live on that while you find a new job and even though the economy is picking up some, nothing is guaranteed.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #692
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 21,973

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ
Default

Another person who missed this the first few times it was bumped? How is this possible?

I almost envy them going through this for the first time all over again.

Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #693
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo
 
55CrushEm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 6,423

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shaq Barrett
Default

This bears repeating...

HE LET THE DUDE WHO BANGED HIS WOMAN CONTINUE TO LIVE WITH THEM!!!!

WTF ?!?!?!?!?!?!?
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:46 PM   #694
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 21,973

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
This bears repeating...

HE LET THE DUDE WHO BANGED HIS WOMAN CONTINUE TO LIVE WITH THEM!!!!

WTF ?!?!?!?!?!?!?
And what's even funnier is he'd probably still be there banging away if all he did was pay a little rent.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:49 PM   #695
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 14,966

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
I moved out to California with a girl...she stopped paying rent because she got fired, then I found out she cheated on me with a neighbor. I called a moving company to pack everything I owned the next day (all the furniture, dishes, bed set, etc..) and drove home immediately. Didn't regret the move or the experience but at a certain point you have to know when to fold your hand.
You gotta know when to hold 'em... know when to fold 'em.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #696
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
Considering I have a beautiful daughter that means the world to me, I have a stable job gaining the precious experience, and no longer have to deal with her crazy ass, I feel it all has worked out.
I have been raising my daughter for almost 4 months on my own now. I caught her up on immunizations, enrolled her in a great daycare, ensure she has plenty of food, bathe her every night, lotion every night, make sure she is stocked up on clean clothes and diapers. Get her doctor visits if she's sick, spend pretty much all my free time playing/interacting with her. The moment she started to walk has been one of the happiest days of my life, it was amazing for me.

As for all the comments why I didn't beat up Kyle, etc. Well, who has a criminal record now? Not I, heck I've been told Kyle has had some trouble getting a decent job due to him having a criminal assault charge now. And if the former Mrs. ever wants to try to "win back" her kid(not likely able to anyways since she lost already), and if she is still with him, guess who gets to play "My child is not living in the household of a man convicted of family violence" card?

I will admit I chose things poorly, but if I broke up with her back then, I wouldn't have this beautiful daughter to raise.
have you made her pay child support yet?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #697
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY
 
TheChamp24's Avatar
 
The Legend

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Broncos Country
Posts: 5,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
have you made her pay child support yet?
I've processed it all, and its still in the "establishment" phase with the Attorney General's office here in Houston.
The court order that was signed stated child support was due to begin May 1st, Talking with my lawyer he said usually the courts won't do much unless the dollar amount gets in the thousands. I figure if she continues to be a b**** about things, and not pay, come next year I just might look at going to the courts and have them deal with it.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:08 PM   #698
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo
 
55CrushEm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 6,423

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shaq Barrett
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
And what's even funnier is he'd probably still be there banging away if all he did was pay a little rent.
Yeah....both guys made bad decisions......

OP, for obviously allowing a banger-of-thy-woman to continue to live in the residence......

And the banger, for not leaving well enough alone.....i.e. he was getting free rent and sex, yet he was dumb enough to attack the guy that was allowing it. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you!

55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #699
underrated29
Ahoy
 
You lika da sexy

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,220

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
No you won't.

You're her b****.

...As you've exhibited throughout the ENTIRETY of this thread.
100% what i was thinking.



24champ- This is not an equal relationship (even though its over you still have to deal with her on some level so it is a relationship just not a loving one)- this relationship only has two things:
1-the dominant person
2-the biotch.

Dont be the b****, this is your lesson and time to learn. One of you two is going to be the b****, there is no way around it. It will happen. So if you are tired of feeling like this, and making excuses about how great it is being a young single dad is, then man the eff up and bring the hammer down on her. You've been the b**** the entire relationship she will not be expecting you to switch the roles on her and catch her by surprise. Be the man, be the one large and in charge for your daughter.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #700
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
I've processed it all, and its still in the "establishment" phase with the Attorney General's office here in Houston.
The court order that was signed stated child support was due to begin May 1st, Talking with my lawyer he said usually the courts won't do much unless the dollar amount gets in the thousands. I figure if she continues to be a b**** about things, and not pay, come next year I just might look at going to the courts and have them deal with it.
You should. Paying for kids goes both ways, women should not get out of it. Don't worry so much about people making fun of you. If it's just in fun, little jabs no big deal, but when it gets personal I feel it says more about the person hurling the insult, then it does what happened to you.

The statement from attorney courts won't deal with it until its in the thousands sounds sort of fishy to me. I work in a law office part time and usually that means they are too busy to do it right now. Its ok though if the guy a good lawyer it doesn't mean much other then he is busy and will say what he needs to say to clients. Sometimes outright ignore them because answering the phone is a billable thing etc etc. Then you could also start a facebook page about how she is a deadbeat mom, send invites to everyone you know that knows her. Worked well for a person I know in CA except they did it through twitter.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:46 PM.


Denver Broncos