The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2010, 09:58 AM   #1
robbieopperude
Perennial Pro-bowler

Shannon to Canton!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Chiefs in running for Jake Locker

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011.php

If I was the Chiefs I would try to lose this year!
robbieopperude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2010, 10:05 AM   #2
Ramathorn
Perennial Pro-bowler

M E O W

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elvis Dumervil

This is the main reason i am so frustrated with the whole tebow thing. We are not gonna be very good next year and I was hoping with mcdaniels trading back so much, he would keep the picks we acquired or go after some next year and we could move up if we had to for locker. Good thing is we have 2 2nds next year so we could package those to go get him.
Ramathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:08 AM   #3
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramathorn View Post
This is the main reason i am so frustrated with the whole tebow thing. We are not gonna be very good next year and I was hoping with mcdaniels trading back so much, he would keep the picks we acquired or go after some next year and we could move up if we had to for locker. Good thing is we have 2 2nds next year so we could package those to go get him.
Hey guys, I'm rooting for the Broncos as a team and Tebow, individually, to fail this year. Look at me!
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:09 AM   #4
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramathorn View Post
God, i cannot believe we are starting this fantastically stupid conversation again. Last year it was: OMGEEEZZZZZ HOW COULD WE TRADE OUR FIRST ROUND PICK WHEN MT. CODY IS GONNA BE THEREZ! WEZ SO STUPID CUZ WE ONLY GOONNA WINA TWO GAMEZZZZ. Then we went 8-8 and cody dropped to the second round.

I have no clue why people think we cant be good this year or even put up a similar record to last year. Regardless, i sincerely doubt we'll be in the running for Locker and, even if we were, he might be complete **** anyway.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:09 AM   #5
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

OMG doods we r gonna be turribll next yar lez throw da season!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:16 AM   #6
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Locker isn't that good, and besides Mallett is the guy you want to look at.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:17 AM   #7
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Oh nooooooes nooooooes we gona beez top 10 draftin!
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:27 AM   #8
Mr.Meanie
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

At least we won't be hearing crap this year about trading a top 5 draft pick (or #1 overall draft pick) for a short, slow corner.
Mr.Meanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:48 AM   #9
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
God, i cannot believe we are starting this fantastically stupid conversation again. Last year it was: OMGEEEZZZZZ HOW COULD WE TRADE OUR FIRST ROUND PICK WHEN MT. CODY IS GONNA BE THEREZ! WEZ SO STUPID CUZ WE ONLY GOONNA WINA TWO GAMEZZZZ. Then we went 8-8 and cody dropped to the second round.

I have no clue why people think we cant be good this year or even put up a similar record to last year. Regardless, i sincerely doubt we'll be in the running for Locker and, even if we were, he might be complete **** anyway.
We're going to be good this year. Mark it down.
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:52 AM   #10
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I rarely go to that site. That guy is so biased against the Broncos the site is virtually worthless for a Broncos fan. I guarantee you, we won't be picking 8th next year. Probably in the 20s. I would think the main targets will be Chris Galippo, Quan Sturdivant and Mike Mohammed.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:58 AM   #11
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post

Haha... this happens every year. Andre Woodson was awesome once upon a time. Matt Leinart and Brady Quinn were once guarranteed to be #1 overall as best talent in the draft.

Remember when... maybe the Niners and Houston? (I know it was two of the last teams) were playing and some were calling it the Reggie Bush Bowl because the loser would get the chance to draft him as the #1 overall?

You could go all day long about fans getting wrapped up and bent out of shape over something that looked hillariously stupid afterwards.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:18 AM   #12
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
Haha... this happens every year. Andre Woodson was awesome once upon a time. Matt Leinart and Brady Quinn were once guarranteed to be #1 overall as best talent in the draft.

Remember when... maybe the Niners and Houston? (I know it was two of the last teams) were playing and some were calling it the Reggie Bush Bowl because the loser would get the chance to draft him as the #1 overall?

You could go all day long about fans getting wrapped up and bent out of shape over something that looked hillariously stupid afterwards.
Lol, the best post draft, pre next year's draft hype was a few years ago, when all the talk was about Antaaj Hawthorne, Rodrique Wright and Darnell Bing. I don't know if a single one of them got drafted.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:32 AM   #13
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I doesn't matter Andrew Luck will be the better pro QB out of next years group.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:34 AM   #14
robbieopperude
Perennial Pro-bowler

Shannon to Canton!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I am putting the Broncos down at 8-8 or 9-7 this year. I think the loss of Marshall is going to hurt us but I think the gain of Tebow in the redzone packages is going to help us. If all goes well 10-6. If the defense wears down or doesn't live up to potential on the line we could be 6-10. It is going to be an exciting year that is for sure. I see us picking somewhere between 12 and 20 in the draft next year.
robbieopperude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:49 AM   #15
nickademus
Samurai of Smack

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

I have to believe we will be better this year especially on D. we upgraded the entire line on both sides and while loosing marshall will hurt the O I think that the upgrade in the line will off set this. so I will go with 9-7 at this point.
nickademus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:51 AM   #16
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Locker is a ****ty, right handed tim tebow that went 0-12 ONE YEAR
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:59 AM   #17
✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado

Locker is a legitimate prospect and his senior status will make him a safer pick. But, you have to endure a 1-15/2-14 type of season to have a shot at him and who the hell wants that? A 4-12 season will not be enough to land him.
✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:00 PM   #18
Ramathorn
Perennial Pro-bowler

M E O W

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elvis Dumervil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Hey guys, I'm rooting for the Broncos as a team and Tebow, individually, to fail this year. Look at me!
Aint it grand!
Ramathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:03 PM   #19
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Seriously though, everyone's problems with Tebow, are right there in locker x10. He is way less accurate, doesn't have the same motivation, not exceptionally "football smart" either.

Come on guys, see through the ESPN bull****. Locker is not a good QB. I've watched every single one of his games.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:06 PM   #20
✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lyle Alzado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Seriously though, everyone's problems with Tebow, are right there in locker x10. He is way less accurate, doesn't have the same motivation, not exceptionally "football smart" either.

Come on guys, see through the ESPN bull****. Locker is not a good QB. I've watched every single one of his games.
All the points you bring up about Locker are valid, but please remind people here that you are a Washington State Cougars fan and it's in your blood to hate everything Huskies.
✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:09 PM   #21
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡ View Post
All the points you bring up about Locker are valid, but please remind people here that you are a Washington State Cougars fan and it's in your blood to hate everything Huskies.
I am, but as critical as everyone is about Tebow, I deserve that right of Locker.

He seriously has absolutely horrid accuracy, he gets injured every year, and his arm strength is mediocre.

He's just a bad Tim Tebow, that throws righty.

I don't get why everyone is sucking this guy off.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:12 PM   #22
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

That Saints-Colts rematch should be stellar.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:14 PM   #23
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:

He improved so much this year with the help of Doug Nussmeier. He still needs work but Washington brought in the right people to help him get better and it showed last year. He knew he still needed work and that's why he stayed in school. His completion % has gone from 47, 53, to 58. Doug Nussmeier is a good QB coach and will have him playing even better this season. That said Luck is still the better QB in the draft.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:21 PM   #24
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
He improved so much this year with the help of Doug Nussmeier. He still needs work but Washington brought in the right people to help him get better and it showed last year. He knew he still needed work and that's why he stayed in school. His completion % has gone from 47, 53, to 58. Doug Nussmeier is a good QB coach and will have him playing even better this season. That said Luck is still the better QB in the draft.
Tebow started out studly.

Serious question: In your opinion, who has the higher ceiling, Tebow or Locker?
Old 04-27-2010, 12:33 PM   #25
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Tebow started out studly.

Serious question: In your opinion, who has the higher ceiling, Tebow or Locker?
Tebow played at Florida, Locker plays at Washington. The talent around Tebow was 10 times what Locker is working with. Clearly because you are a Washington State fan you choose to have a narrow view about this so arguing with you is pointless.
Tebow is an amazing talented football player that ended up at one of the best college programs for his talents. I don't think Locker is better but he is at this point in time more pro ready then Tebow is in a traditional NFL system. That is why baring any set backs Locker will go in the top 10 in next years draft.