The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2010, 03:59 PM   #1
Ugly Duck
Proof: SD fans DO exist!

RF

Default Shannhan betting that Oakland makes playoffs...

Its a conditional pick - Raiders have to make the playoffs or Jason Campbell has to make the ProBowl before Oakland would have to give up the pick.

ESPN John Clayton: For years the Oakland Raiders have been rightfully criticized for reaching for speedy players who can't produce on the field. got it right this year. He added to a solid draft by picking up Campbell for a conditional fourth-round pick, whose conditions appear to be unachievable. For the Redskins to get that fourth-round pick, the Raiders would either have to make the playoffs or Campbell would have to go to the Pro Bowl. Odds of that are about as good as JaMarcus Russell being on the Raiders' roster this fall.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft1...ohn&id=5132435
Ugly Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2010, 04:01 PM   #2
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

Lol, Davis will tank the season (even worse than usual) just to spite Shanny.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:03 PM   #3
Ugly Duck

RF

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBronco View Post
Lol, Davis will tank the season (even worse than usual) just to spite Shanny.
Somethings fishy here... I don't trust Ratboy. Either he thinks Campbell sucks & he's sticking it to the Raiders, or he thinks Campbell is great & he's sticking it to the Broncos. He's up to something....
Old 04-26-2010, 04:05 PM   #4
atomicbloke
Ring of Famer

La 12 Boca Juniors

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Offensive Line

Wonder what Shanny thinks of the Bailey - Portis trade now.
atomicbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:11 PM   #5
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Duck View Post
Somethings fishy here... I don't trust Ratboy. Either he thinks Campbell sucks & he's sticking it to the Raiders, or he thinks Campbell is great & he's sticking it to the Broncos. He's up to something....

He, of course, thinks that Campbell sucks - hence he is trading him away instead of using him.
Taco John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:53 PM   #6
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
He, of course, thinks that Campbell sucks - hence he is trading him away instead of using him.
Thank you. Jeez you people are ridiculous. Like Campbell is really awesome but he's mad at us he's trading his good players to our opponents to spite us even if it weakens his own team. Yeah, that's what he's doing.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:55 PM   #7
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicbloke View Post
Wonder what Shanny thinks of the Bailey - Portis trade now.
I think he tries to sign Champ after this coming season is what I think.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:51 PM   #8
Dogsweat

Quote:
I agree, Shanny is to much of Master when it comes to his hatred for the Raiders.
Dogsweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:09 PM   #9
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Thank you. Jeez you people are ridiculous. Like Campbell is really awesome but he's mad at us he's trading his good players to our opponents to spite us even if it weakens his own team. Yeah, that's what he's doing.
No kidding .... that's just ridiculous. Sounds like it was basically a giveaway, but Mike would've taken more if somebody would've offered, can't imagine arguing that point.

And remember Campbell had already been grousing about other quarterbacks on the roster before McNabb, that he deserved to start, blah, blah, blah. I wouldn't want him around now ... McNabb and Grossman and Brennan are enough.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:14 PM   #10
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
I dunno ... based on the compensation, basically nothing, Raiders might've been his only choice to off the guy. Besides, there's obviously somebody new calling the shots in Oakland, and they need a new quarterback, so it's entirely possible this was just a cold hard football move.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:28 PM   #11
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
My personal opinion is that Campbell sucks but have to admit I had to wonder if he wasn't getting a little dig into the Broncos there, saying the Raiders would make the playoffs.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:38 PM   #12
Ugly Duck

RF

Rumors, anyone?

FURTHER UPDATES

Terrell Owens and the Oakland Raiders are currently negotiating on a contract. TO wants to play for the Raiders and there is mutual interest on both sides. His agent is an arse though. It’s going to come down to $$$, but if Mr. Davis wants him, TO will sign a contract to wear the silver and black. I’m sure this story will develop in the near future…….

Alan Faneca is in the final stages of negotiations with the Oakland Raiders. Faneca has been offered more money by the Raiders than what the Houston Texans were willing to pay for his services. Faneca reportedly “likes what we are doing” as an organization and is expected to put pen to paper officially within the next few days.
by Spirals galore on Apr 26, 2010 7:05 AM PDT

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...-to-blow-again
Old 04-26-2010, 07:59 PM   #13
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Money grabs them by the balls and their little hearts and minds follow......

That's recruiting......
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:18 PM   #14
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogsweat View Post
I agree, Shanny is to much of Master when it comes to his hatred for the Raiders.
Bailey will want to go back to the team that initially drafted him and back to the HC that made him the richiest CB in the NFL. It will be an easy decision for Champ b/c in 2011 Ole' Josh will have the NE Philosophy of low balling players contracts in full swing.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:20 PM   #15
loborugger
lost in the ether

Did we finally get a FB???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Rumors, anyone?

FURTHER UPDATES

Terrell Owens and the Oakland Raiders are currently negotiating on a contract. TO wants to play for the Raiders and there is mutual interest on both sides. His agent is an arse though. It’s going to come down to $$$, but if Mr. Davis wants him, TO will sign a contract to wear the silver and black. I’m sure this story will develop in the near future…….

Alan Faneca is in the final stages of negotiations with the Oakland Raiders. Faneca has been offered more money by the Raiders than what the Houston Texans were willing to pay for his services. Faneca reportedly “likes what we are doing” as an organization and is expected to put pen to paper officially within the next few days.
by Spirals galore on Apr 26, 2010 7:05 AM PDT

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...-to-blow-again
TO and the Foneco Ohz noz!
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:51 PM   #16
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
Bailey will want to go back to the team that initially drafted him and back to the HC that made him the richiest CB in the NFL. It will be an easy decision for Champ b/c in 2011 Ole' Josh will have the NE Philosophy of low balling players contracts in full swing.
The NE, Pitt, and INDY philosophy of low balling and not overpaying FA's that your not a fan of has won a lot more than the poor drafting signing expensive bust FA's that Al Davis, Shanny, Jones, and Snyder's employ.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:02 AM   #17
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
Champ probably will go back, he doesn't have a wife anymore that tells him what to do. He's a free man.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:04 AM   #18
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Champ probably will go back, he doesn't have a wife anymore that tells him what to do. He's a free man.
Since when did this happen? I didn't hear anything about Champ getting a divorce.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:05 AM   #19
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Your a Mormon, and a Genetic abortion.

Right Kaylore?

Idiot

watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:08 AM   #20
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Since when did this happen? I didn't hear anything about Champ getting a divorce.
Long time ago, it's been pretty low key split.

Here's the latest I can find on that situation...

http://www.denverpost.com/pennyparker/ci_13735367

It's been said that his ex-wife was the one that wanted out of D.C. not Champ. Combine that with Champ being ignored from this front office on extensions, I say it's a good bet this is his last season in a Broncos Uni.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:15 AM   #21
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock View Post

Right Kaylore?

Idiot

Mock....do you really need to be making unprovoked personal and religious attacks against other people for no reason? "Your a Mormon and a Genetic abortion...right Kaylore?". You know better.

See you back in a week.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:16 AM   #22
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Mock....do you really need to be making unprovoked personal and religious attacks against other people for no reason? "Your a Mormon and a Genetic abortion...right Kaylore?". You know better.

See you back in a week.
Awesome.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:38 AM   #23
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock View Post

Right Kaylore?

Idiot

Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:14 AM   #24
Dr.5280
Seasoned Veteran

A seven-day-suspension could prove a lifetime suspension for poor old Watermock. Any bets?
Dr.5280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:36 AM   #25
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Long time ago, it's been pretty low key split.

Here's the latest I can find on that situation...

http://www.denverpost.com/pennyparker/ci_13735367

It's been said that his ex-wife was the one that wanted out of D.C. not Champ. Combine that with Champ being ignored from this front office on extensions, I say it's a good bet this is his last season in a Broncos Uni.
Nothing new. Professional athletes towards the end of their careers usually see their wives leave and split their property, investments, net-worth right down the middle, while leaving any outstanding debt, alimony, child support etc to the athlete to deal with.

Also, lets not forget how immediate familly members and relatives all find ways to live the opulent lifestyle at the athletes expense as well. Remember, when these athletes initially sign these rich contracts, they are automatically in the 50% tax bracket(s) until they can find tax loopholes to dramatically lower their taxes, and some athletes fail to even do this.

Meanwhile the athlete buys expensive homes in several cities of which they own outright....they're just paying the mortgage. You factor in the luxury cars, clothing, vacation-party-travel expenses and jewelry etc, its not a surprise by any stretch to see why athletes experience financial problems.

Thus we see why at least 70-75 percent of the athletes retire broke or in deep financial trouble/bankruptcy. With these untimely divorces the athletes also learn their business's or business ventures have gone south and their money manager(s) have stolen or mis-invested $10's millions from them.

Most of these athletes marry their HS or college sweet-hearts or beautiful-sexy women who socialize at venues where these rich athletes hang-out. These women all have grandiose dreams of latching to the athlete's who have singed contracts worth 10's or 100's of millions so they can enjoy the opulent lifestyle.

And the bet goes on.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote