The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do you currently approve or disapprove of the McDaniels/Xanders regime
Approve 244 81.88%
Dissaprove 54 18.12%
Voters: 298. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2010, 09:19 AM   #1
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway
Default Pulse of the Mane: The post-2010 Draft McDaniels/Xanders approval rating

They've done things some people like, and some people haven't. Cutler and Marshall are gone, Tebow and Thomas are here. They wen't 6-0 and finished 2-8. They've traded players and draft picks, signed free agents and tried changing a culture. There've been consistent fan boys, haters and fence riders - but I'm interested to see how much things have possibly swayed.

No middle ground here, you approve or disapprove.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2010, 09:27 AM   #2
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

approve, this team is heading in the right direction
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:30 AM   #3
Williams
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrabb View Post
approve, this team is heading in the right direction
+1
Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:35 AM   #4
Ramathorn
Perennial Pro-bowler

M E O W

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elvis Dumervil

DISSAPROVE. I dont care what anyone says. Its my opinion. If douche mcdaniels and xanders were on fire, i wouldnt piss on em to put it out.
Ramathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:36 AM   #5
Shoemaker
A Lurker No More

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Approval from me.

We're building the lines and adding tough, smart, high-character football players.

What's not to like?
Shoemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:37 AM   #6
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

I approve. The results need to come.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:37 AM   #7
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoemaker View Post
Approval from me.

We're building the lines and adding tough, smart, high-character football players.

What's not to like?
Probably something that is completely unrelated to football.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:41 AM   #8
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman

if i thought that we would be a playoff/championship team by now with direction we were going previously then i'd disapprove...

but we weren't IMO so i approve thus far...

we seem to be building a team the right way...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:45 AM   #9
Ambiguous
Ask me about my title

Go fsck yourself San Diego.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
They've done things some people like, and some people haven't. Cutler and Marshall are gone, Tebow and Thomas are here. They wen't 6-0 and finished 2-8. They've traded players and draft picks, signed free agents and tried changing a culture. There've been consistent fan boys, haters and fence riders - but I'm interested to see how much things have possibly swayed.

No middle ground here, you approve or disapprove.
We not?

Moving on, I approve.
Ambiguous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:49 AM   #10
bloodsunday
Ring of Famer

Nothing lasts forever.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I've said all along they have a plan that I like. They are attempting to execute it, but it will take 2 - 3 years to know. I hope they continue to draft OL, DL, and LB to build the core of our team. But on occasion, if you feel strongly, you have to go get a guy.

At the end of the day W/L are all I really care about. So, I will ultimately judge them on that. But I will give them a little slack as they try to make over this roster and change the culture and systems from the Shanahan Era. I think we have to give McDaniels this season and 2011 (assuming we have football) to know.
bloodsunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:49 AM   #11
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Approve.

We lose Nolan, but found a great replacement in Wink and the defense looks deeper and more solid than last season, barring some seriously untimely aging from the secondary.

Wish we would've kept Ben Hamilton to assist the growth of our youth and as an insurance policy at C, but the OL also looks deeper and nastier than last year.

Drafted two highly rated receivers because Gaffney is... well, Gaffney, so our WR corps should be solid sooner than later.

Lastly, one of the more puzzling McD decisions of moving forward with Orton was shown to be a vote of zero confidence by trading for Quinn and drafting Tebow. Our scrub journeyman is on borrowed time, and the Broncos have a future again.

Well done, Josh.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:49 AM   #12
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

For the first time ever, I will approve, solely on the basis of the Tebow pick.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:56 AM   #13
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

I see Rock Chalk disapproved. I haven't seen him posting any of his slightly obnoxious, yet entertaining posts recently. Hope he's not too ticked off to contribute anymore.

Regardless, I approve of the moves and the direction. Once we acquired a plethora of picks on Thursday night, I was initially shocked and disapproving of trading a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th to get Tebow, but I am convinced we snagged him out from under Buffaloe's nose and I therefore approve McD getting a player he obviously feels so strongly about.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:58 AM   #14
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Approve, there is no evidence that we are going in the wrong direction so far.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:02 AM   #15
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Approve. It's not exactly what I would have hoped, but all in all, they had a great offseason and have brought some excitement and intrigue into the 2010 season. Right now I feel like this team is capable of a playoff birth, and ultimately, that's what counts.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:04 AM   #16
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Definitely approve. We're getting bigger, smarter and meaner. No more getting stuffed on fourth and one. Now, Josh just has to realize RULE NUMBER ONE: YOU DO NOT ALLOW THE CHIEFS AND RAIDERS TO BEAT YOU IN YOUR OWN HOUSE! ABSOLUTELY VERBOTEN!

Other than that, we're headed in the right direction.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:05 AM   #17
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish McStout View Post
I see Rock Chalk disapproved. I haven't seen him posting any of his slightly obnoxious, yet entertaining posts recently. Hope he's not too ticked off to contribute anymore.

Regardless, I approve of the moves and the direction. Once we acquired a plethora of picks on Thursday night, I was initially shocked and disapproving of trading a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th to get Tebow, but I am convinced we snagged him out from under Buffaloe's nose and I therefore approve McD getting a player he obviously feels so strongly about.
He's busy and probably won't have too much time to be posting for a little while. But he'll be around.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:05 AM   #18
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:13 AM   #19
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Since there's no middle ground I have to disapprove. Although I disapprove less today than I did last Wednesday.

Still don't like shipping Cutler, Marshall, and Scheffler. Still very disgruntled that Fonzi Smith required the Ghost of Ty Law to come in and play in his stead. A little miffed that we used a 1st round pick to get a guy who reminds the HC of the 100 catch/yr guy he just sent out of town.

The Tebow pick...welp...its growing on me. I cringed a little at the outset but got over that quickly. Anybody who watches him knows he's an athletic freak and a sickeningly good guy that everybody around him seems to love...which will drive Fade/Chug/Chef fans nuts. They'll buy his jerseys just to piss on them. McKid made Denver the "one to watch" for a couple of years at least. We're going to get coverage, good or bad. I like the ballsiness of the move.

We went way heavy on O this year, particularly OL. Had to be done. Don't like that we're still thin on D but, on the other hand, if you're going to address something do it once and be done with it for the near future. Hopefully we can get value and talent for the D in next year's draft.

All in all I give them an A for working the board for their picks. It's clear they knew what they wanted and made the moves to get it. Whether or not you agree on who was picked is a different issue. I don't think anybody can criticize how the board was manipulated this weekend.

Picks I give them a B. I think they got a lot of talent for the OL. It would have been an A, still may be, but I'll have to see how some of these D players pan out.

So, this critic, one of the harsher ones, is going to give some credit to the duo for this weekend.

In closing, I would have LOVED Gerhart in a Broncos uni. LOVE LOVE LOVE it but that pick just wasn't in the cards unfortunately. That is my "wishlist" pick. Either we would have reached mightily and/or given up too much to get him or been way too lucky to see him fall down into our lap.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:15 AM   #20
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

No more scrubs journeymen on the defensive line. No more getting ragdolled in short yardage. No more punks causing distractions. AND with Tebow, God is on our side. What's not to love?
Inkana7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:17 AM   #21
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I still think the same as I did before the draft. If it was up to me, I would fire him now. He has given up a lot of talent and the offense regressed a ton last season. We already have continued the revolving door at d-coordinator. I hate the way he trades. It is like he has played far to much Madden. I don't care for the way he only wants real good guy players and I feel it really limits the talent pool. Every successful organization has bad character guys. Every other coach and GM deals with them. The good ones even keep them under control. The only one making it a huge point to not have bad character guys like us is the Steelers and they just started that this offseason. They won the SB with a serial rapist and their SB MVP was traded away for character issues.

All that being said, I do think this offseason shows promise. I like what he has addressed in the draft and free agency. Every pick in this draft was at a position of real need. People here almost had me convinced that the front office was happy with last years QB play. I am very happy that they aren't. Now he just has to show that he can get real talent with this good guy only thing. I could join the ranks of the supporters if these draft picks turn out to be good.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:22 AM   #22
Paladin
Ring of Famer

This message is hidden because jhns is on your ignore list.

Approve
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:25 AM   #23
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

I approve. I watched the highlight reel on Thomas. He really does look to be in the same physical mold as Marshall. Tebow has the size to really be a good NFL quarterback. We rebuilt the offensive line. It's a good day to be a Bronco...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:30 AM   #24
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

FWIW, McD on the radio this AM said they have a "decent" ILB crew (Haggan moving inside), like the depth they have at DL. 98% of the interview was about Tebow, wish they would have asked about the other picks.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:39 AM   #25
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

The only pick i didn't like is drafting Tebow in 1st round.
Much better than last year's draft.
Still, I would like Bowlen to hire a experienced GM.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote