The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2010, 08:35 AM   #1
mizzoutigers
Seasoned Veteran

Default Draft grades by twits

Love listening to john clayton, todd mcshay, mel kiper, and all the other know it alls that have never played a snap nor coached a snap of football in their lives. bunch of nerds that are full of crap. if you look back at kiper and all the so called can't miss guys that turned to busts and all the guys that will never make it that are great players - laughable.
mizzoutigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2010, 08:42 AM   #2
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Warms my heart that he hates the Tebow pick.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:46 AM   #3
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Yep. Mel Keiper gave the bronco's a C- last in the AFC west, what a d-bag.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:48 AM   #4
Williams
Pro Bowler

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sp...aft-gurus.html

Curti: Hereís hoping Tebow makes fools of draft gurus

I am rooting for Tim Tebow to succeed in the NFL.

Iím no Florida Gators fan, nor am I taking Tebowís side simply because I share his faith. No, Iím rooting for Tebow so that all of these smarmy, self-righteous, know-it-all draft-mongers will shut up.

Maybe Mel Kiper Jr. can successfully predict who will be taken with the 21st pick in the sixth round, but even he of the baked-on hair has no clue whether any of the picks ó from No. 1 all the way down to Mr. Irrelevant ó will succeed in the NFL.

Sam Bradford might be the second coming of Heath Shuler for all we know. Until these guys strap on an NFL helmet and play in a few games, itís all best-guesswork.

There is no more overblown event in American sports than the NFL Draft. And in the days ó check that, months ó leading up to it, all we hear about is how this guyís 40-yard dash was too slow and that guy didnít bench press enough and this guy has bad mechanics.

Hereís a novel idea: Give me a guy with a high football IQ. Give me a guy with heart. Give me a guy who can win.

The main criticism of Tebow that dogged him even throughout his uber-successful run at Florida was his throwing motion, which, admittedly, is awful. My 6-year-old daughter has a better release.

But scouts should be more interested in where a quarterback delivers the ball as opposed to how. JaMarcus Russell wowed scouts by being able to throw 60 yards from his knees. Too bad Russell canít complete many passes standing up.

Remember Bernie Kosar? He threw a football like Dan Quisenberry threw a fastball. The Cleveland Browns had some pretty successful years being led by a guy who shot from his hip.

Remember Michael Vick ó the pre-dogfighting Vick? He ran better than he threw. With him, the Falcons were a playoff team. Without him, the Falcons were abysmal.

Remember Brady Quinn? He was everyoneís QB darling heading into the 2007 NFL Draft. Heís on his second team already. That team, coincidentally, is the Denver Broncos, where heíll compete with Tebow for the starting job.

Letís see Ö what are the other reasons Tebow is going to be an abject failure? Oh, yes. Canít read a defense. He can learn.

Didnít come from a pro-style offense. Can learn.

Iím sick of stop watches and tape measures. Iím sick of all the Xís and Oís nonsense.

Tim Tebow: Please vindicate me. Please succeed in the NFL. Prove that the only quality that matters is the ability to win.

And make all these draft goons shut up.
Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:03 AM   #5
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williams View Post
http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sp...aft-gurus.html

Curti: Hereís hoping Tebow makes fools of draft gurus

I am rooting for Tim Tebow to succeed in the NFL.

Iím no Florida Gators fan, nor am I taking Tebowís side simply because I share his faith. No, Iím rooting for Tebow so that all of these smarmy, self-righteous, know-it-all draft-mongers will shut up.

Maybe Mel Kiper Jr. can successfully predict who will be taken with the 21st pick in the sixth round, but even he of the baked-on hair has no clue whether any of the picks ó from No. 1 all the way down to Mr. Irrelevant ó will succeed in the NFL.

Sam Bradford might be the second coming of Heath Shuler for all we know. Until these guys strap on an NFL helmet and play in a few games, itís all best-guesswork.

There is no more overblown event in American sports than the NFL Draft. And in the days ó check that, months ó leading up to it, all we hear about is how this guyís 40-yard dash was too slow and that guy didnít bench press enough and this guy has bad mechanics.

Hereís a novel idea: Give me a guy with a high football IQ. Give me a guy with heart. Give me a guy who can win.

The main criticism of Tebow that dogged him even throughout his uber-successful run at Florida was his throwing motion, which, admittedly, is awful. My 6-year-old daughter has a better release.

But scouts should be more interested in where a quarterback delivers the ball as opposed to how. JaMarcus Russell wowed scouts by being able to throw 60 yards from his knees. Too bad Russell canít complete many passes standing up.

Remember Bernie Kosar? He threw a football like Dan Quisenberry threw a fastball. The Cleveland Browns had some pretty successful years being led by a guy who shot from his hip.

Remember Michael Vick ó the pre-dogfighting Vick? He ran better than he threw. With him, the Falcons were a playoff team. Without him, the Falcons were abysmal.

Remember Brady Quinn? He was everyoneís QB darling heading into the 2007 NFL Draft. Heís on his second team already. That team, coincidentally, is the Denver Broncos, where heíll compete with Tebow for the starting job.

Letís see Ö what are the other reasons Tebow is going to be an abject failure? Oh, yes. Canít read a defense. He can learn.

Didnít come from a pro-style offense. Can learn.

Iím sick of stop watches and tape measures. Iím sick of all the Xís and Oís nonsense.

Tim Tebow: Please vindicate me. Please succeed in the NFL. Prove that the only quality that matters is the ability to win.

And make all these draft goons shut up.
Pretty much hammers the Draftniks up one side and down the other. As spot on as it is, one thing though, wasn't it Kyle Boller who threw 60 yrds from his knees?

Last edited by Hogan11; 04-26-2010 at 09:09 AM..
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:12 AM   #6
toad
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11 View Post
Pretty much hammers the Draftniks up one side and down the other. As spot on as it is, one thing though, wasn't it Kyle Boller who threw 60 yrds from his knees?
Russell threw from his knees, but perhaps Boller did too.

Russell apparently looked AMAZING in his pro day workout and Boller was a combine/workout star that rocketed up the draft boards due to that.

To be honest, as soon as we drafted Cutler, I called him "Kyle Boller Pt. II." Big arm, combine/workout star, but nothing to really show for it at any level.

This guy pretty much sums up my feelings on Tebow...its tough to keep a hard-working winner down.
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:16 AM   #7
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by toad View Post
Russell threw from his knees, but perhaps Boller did too.

Russell apparently looked AMAZING in his pro day workout and Boller was a combine/workout star that rocketed up the draft boards due to that.

To be honest, as soon as we drafted Cutler, I called him "Kyle Boller Pt. II." Big arm, combine/workout star, but nothing to really show for it at any level.

This guy pretty much sums up my feelings on Tebow...its tough to keep a hard-working winner down.
Ah, ok..I honestly couldn't remember Russell doing it and thought Boller did.

No matter
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:22 AM   #8
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11 View Post
Boller did in the weeks leading up to the 03 draft.

I remember Leftwich saying something like "How many times does that play come up?"
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:27 AM   #9
mizzoutigers
Seasoned Veteran

actually I love the Tebow pick though I'll admit we gave up quite a bit to get him. just wanted to make the point that people listen to these non-athletic high school chess team nerds as if they know what they are talking about.
mizzoutigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:28 PM   #10
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

Tebow really is on the road to being the anti-Cutler. If he wins big games and doesn't throw really stupid picks, the comparison will be totally complete.
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote