The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2010, 11:46 AM   #1
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer
 
Pontius Pirate's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 'Nam
Posts: 1,776
Default Quick, name a former Florida NFL QB who was a success

Exactly.
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2010, 11:49 AM   #2
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather
 
Houshyamama's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,494

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler
Default

You killed Jesus, what do you know about making good decisions?
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:51 AM   #3
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
Eat greedy

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder... Vail when it snoooows
Posts: 16,763

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Lol
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:51 AM   #4
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,143

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

or one that urban meyer coached for that matter.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:53 AM   #5
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 31,091

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Oh well since you put it that way......







Stupidest thread ever.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:54 AM   #6
yerner
Ring of Famer
 
yerner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charlottesville VA
Posts: 3,936
Default

How dare you.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:56 AM   #7
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,480

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Irrelevant/10
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:00 PM   #8
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer
 
Pontius Pirate's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 'Nam
Posts: 1,776
Default

I'll help yall out. Here is the list of former Florida QB's who made it to the NFl and how they did:

Kerwin Bell - career backup
Rex Grossman - career 70 rating passer. Probably the most "successful" of the whole group
Bob Hewko - played 2 NFL games
Doug Johnson - career backup
Eric Kresser - career backup
Shane Matthews - career backup
Jesse Palmer - ha
John Reaves - played 11 seasons then went to the USFL.
Kay Stephenson - unremarkable NFL career
Danny Wuerffel - MVP of the Rhein Fire, then opened his own ministry.
Steve Spurrier - unremarkable NFL QB career, and overall douchebag
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:06 PM   #9
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 31,091

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Oh well since you say that well......





still stupidest thread ever....
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:08 PM   #10
Inkana7
Ring of Famer
 
Inkana7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,500

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

I don't think there are any schools that have produced more than 1 all-pro QB, so...you're..dumb.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:09 PM   #11
Boss Man
Solid Starter
 

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 237

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

how about this....

how many good qbs out of pitt? 1...Dan marino

stanford? 1...john elway

BYU? 1...steve young

Tennessee? 1...peyton manning

the point is...a school does not have to have a history of producing a position to produce in the nfl, not just the qb position...all it takes is one.

your logic is pathetic and stupid. and not to mention, this is urban meyers first quarterback that he has coached up to leave the university of florida, schools change schemes and coaches all the time so for you to say that...because he is from UF he will be garbage is just ***in ignorant.

so annoying reading all this bull**** from the ***in haters.

since you are all ***ing geniuses why dont you have jobs in the nfl? shut the *** up already
Boss Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:10 PM   #12
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Everything

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,782

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Fallacy city! Other men's failures and successes don't have any bearing on Tebow. Just because a guy comes from Tennessee, that doesn't mean he's going to be Peyton Manning.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:11 PM   #13
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 31,091

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Fallacy city! Other men's failures and successes don't have any bearing on Tebow. Just because a guy comes from Tennessee, that doesn't mean he's going to be Peyton Manning.
Or marry his sister...... just sayin

Last edited by theAPAOps5; 04-25-2010 at 12:21 PM..
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:18 PM   #14
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather
 
Houshyamama's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,494

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McApaOps5 View Post
Or merry his sister...... just sayin
marry
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:20 PM   #15
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 31,091

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
marry
not in Tennessee........




good catch!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:23 PM   #16
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
Wut

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,011

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig
Default

I hear Rex Grossman played in one of them there Super Bowls.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:28 PM   #17
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
 
bpc's Avatar
 
1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 14,049

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quick, name a Florida QB who's won two national championships?

There's probably only one, which makes this discussion mute and no reason to compare.

Thanks for playing, drive home safely.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:29 PM   #18
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,143

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

My belief in Tebow being a likely bust has to do with his skill set or lack of. Which isn't helped by the fact that Tebow isn't going to be Urban Meyers 1st QB to come out of his system to be a bust in the NFL.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:30 PM   #19
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,805

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

How many great QB's from Vanderbilt? Of that came from Oklahoma the last decade?
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:31 PM   #20
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer
 
Pontius Pirate's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 'Nam
Posts: 1,776
Default

Oh, my bad, the fact that UF has churned out a lot of NFL QB's who have all been mediocre at best is NOT a valid point of concern. Noted.
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:33 PM   #21
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 31,091

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Ooops Barryr beat me to the punch!

What about Vanderbilt? They have zero too.

Taking notes?
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:34 PM   #22
uplink
Ring of Famer
 
uplink's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,108
Default

So by the odds the Gators and Meyer are due, great for the Broncos!
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:36 PM   #23
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer
 
Pontius Pirate's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 'Nam
Posts: 1,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McApaOps5 View Post
Ooops Barryr beat me to the punch!

What about Vanderbilt? They have zero too.

Taking notes?
So Vandy is a college football annual powerhouse?
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:37 PM   #24
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 31,091

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Oh well since you put it that way.......



Still stupidest thread ever.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:37 PM   #25
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,805

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontius Pirate View Post
So Vandy is a college football annual powerhouse?
What about Stoops at Oklahoma? How many great NFL QB's have come from there since he's been the coach? ZERO! Seems to not have mattered to the Rams.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:52 AM.


Denver Broncos