The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2010, 03:53 PM   #1
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default Tebow and Quinn and Orton

Brady Quinn had great mechanics coming out of ND. From the ground up, he did just about everything right. Starting with his footwork and all the way to his release, he had the prototypical NFL qualities that teams like. Add to that he is a big kid, well built and not really injury prone. Not only that, he came out of an pro style offense.

Now tell me, how's all of that working out for him?

'Nuff said.

Now, look at Tebow. He's a lefty with less than stellar mechanics (and honestly, I can't remember on lefty ever, that was known as a perfect QB with his mechanics) and he's known to make plays outside the pocket. If you ignore his stats (which is assinine) and just point out his flaws, you do yourself a great disservice when looking at his upside.

Hey, I was one of the first posters here to say the Broncos gave up too much for this "project." That being said, he's a Bronco, he's tough, he's smart, he's motivated, he's a hard worker and he loves football. I'm on board with Tebow and I think McD will give him every opportunity to be the starting QB.

McD has upgraded the oline tremendously. He's made the oline a priority which hasn't been the case since, hell, I can't remember when. Orton will has a chance to be the starting QB and I fully expect him to win the position. That being said, I know Tebow will play. He adds an immediate dimension to this offense that will be exploited in goal line situations and when McD wants to throw a monkey wrench into an opposing defenses game plans.

Worst case scenario this coming season is Tebow runs the Wild Horse. Best case scenario is he beats out Orton due to his ability to pass the ball and immediately becomes the starting QB for the Denver Broncos. I don't think that will happen. But, I do think the Broncos are going to score a lot more points.

Cheers!
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2010, 03:55 PM   #2
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

I can't disagree.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 03:56 PM   #3
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post

Worst case scenario this coming season is Tebow runs the Wild Horse. Best case scenario is he beats out Orton due to his ability to pass the ball and immediately becomes the starting QB for the Denver Broncos. I don't think that will happen. But, I do think the Broncos are going to score a lot more points.

Cheers!
I really hope that no one here actually believes that is going to happen.
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 03:59 PM   #4
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post

Let him have his dream.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:01 PM   #5
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
You did read the very next sentence, right?
Old 04-24-2010, 04:02 PM   #6
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Tebow is the X factor in the Broncos offense this coming season.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:02 PM   #7
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
You did read the very next sentence, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post

Let him have his dream.

Sorry but I think it's only smart to nip this one in the bud... For the sake of this board i'm really hopping to lessen the "Start Tebow" talk

As far as the starting job goes the kid is getting redshirted.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:03 PM   #8
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

My wife said, "I don't care what you say. I like Timmy Tebow." When I told her he decided to just get a hotel and stay here for the week instead of fly back home so he could start studying the playbook, she actually choked up for a minute. Of course, she chokes up at commercials. The point is, it's going to be tough around here.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:05 PM   #9
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
My wife said, "I don't care what you say. I like Timmy Tebow." When I told her he decided to just get a hotel and stay here for the week instead of fly back home so he could start studying the playbook, she actually choked up for a minute. Of course, she chokes up at commercials. The point is, it's going to be tough around here.
I like your wife. She's a smart lady. How'd she end up with you?
Old 04-24-2010, 04:06 PM   #10
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
I like your wife. She's a smart lady. How'd she end up with you?
It was my charm and sense of humor.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:06 PM   #11
extralife
Ring of Famer

Your best case scenario would be the worst case scenario. Even if Tebow somehow looked better than the other QBs in camp, it would be a complete detriment to his development to throw him out there. He simply has too much on his plate.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:09 PM   #12
GoHAM
Ring of Famer

36, now that's shabby!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Unrein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
It was my charm and sense of humor.
No seriously, how'd you blackmail her?
GoHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:13 PM   #13
GoHAM
Ring of Famer

36, now that's shabby!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Unrein

Tebow will dress for all 16 games next year.

It will be eerily similar to his freshman year at Florida where he came in for short yardage/goalline situations for Leek/Orton.

I think he will be moderately successful this year and slowly develop into a capable starter, gay little girly leg kick and all.

I don't think he will ever be Peyton Manning but I believe (mostly hope) that he will be a winner.
GoHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:13 PM   #14
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

I bet Tebow sees 4-6 snaps a game this season. I have no ****ing clue what'll happen next year.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:14 PM   #15
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I just hope he can play STs.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:15 PM   #16
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Roh married up.

Nice work, Roh.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:15 PM   #17
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
Your best case scenario would be the worst case scenario. Even if Tebow somehow looked better than the other QBs in camp, it would be a complete detriment to his development to throw him out there. He simply has too much on his plate.
You may be right. Even if Tebow outperforms Orton in TC, I seriously doubt McD puts him in as starting QB. Why? Simple. If he makes some mistakes the entire franchise will be the scrutinized ad nausium.

Better to let Orton run the offense and bring in Tebow for certain plays.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:15 PM   #18
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Damn! The worst ****ing thing just occurred to me. There will be no ****ing way to get camp tickets this year. The Tebow groupies will fly up here from Florida and camp out at Dove Valley for days. ****!
Old 04-24-2010, 04:16 PM   #19
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Roh married up.

Nice work, Roh.
I've been married 20 years.

And that's to the same woman.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:19 PM   #20
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Let's see what happens. Last year Josh made a huge deal about competition, the awarded orton the job before things got rolling. He may do the same this year, no matter what he says re: competition.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:20 PM   #21
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostknight View Post
Let's see what happens. Last year Josh made a huge deal about competition, the awarded orton the job before things got rolling. He may do the same this year, no matter what he says re: competition.
Once I saw simms play I understood why...
Old 04-24-2010, 04:20 PM   #22
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
He already said Orton is the starter.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:32 PM   #23
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Simms was a catastrophe. Again, he's another one of those prototypical QB looking guys that completely stinks when the ball is snapped.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:37 PM   #24
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Brady Quinn had great mechanics coming out of ND. From the ground up, he did just about everything right. Starting with his footwork and all the way to his release, he had the prototypical NFL qualities that teams like. Add to that he is a big kid, well built and not really injury prone. Not only that, he came out of an pro style offense.

Now tell me, how's all of that working out for him?
Judging Quinn based on his production in Cleveland with no supporting cast and horrendous coaching? Check.
Quote:
'Nuff said.
Not really, but keep on keeping on douchebag.
Quote:
Now, look at Tebow. He's a lefty with less than stellar mechanics (and honestly, I can't remember on lefty ever, that was known as a perfect QB with his mechanics) and he's known to make plays outside the pocket. If you ignore his stats (which is assinine) and just point out his flaws, you do yourself a great disservice when looking at his upside.
Fair points, but ignoring his crap mechanics, the run first, pass very little, rely on your defense to win games offense that he played in under Urban Meyer is also a disservice. Guy has no experience in a pro-style set and his release and mechanics are SO poor that it will take YEARS for them to get to NFL quality. PROJECT.
Quote:
Hey, I was one of the first posters here to say the Broncos gave up too much for this "project." That being said, he's a Bronco, he's tough, he's smart, he's motivated, he's a hard worker and he loves football. I'm on board with Tebow and I think McD will give him every opportunity to be the starting QB.
He cries. McD wont give him any opportunity to start for at least 2 years and he had better show some remarkable improvement on everything about his QB game. Now you want to insert him at Fullback, that's a great option IMO but a first rounder on a fullback?
Quote:
McD has upgraded the oline tremendously. He's made the oline a priority which hasn't been the case since, hell, I can't remember when. Orton will has a chance to be the starting QB and I fully expect him to win the position. That being said, I know Tebow will play. He adds an immediate dimension to this offense that will be exploited in goal line situations and when McD wants to throw a monkey wrench into an opposing defenses game plans.
Tebow will play in the Gimmick offensive sets like the Wild Horses and will be used primarily as a decoy. He will never start a game for the Denver Broncos and we drafted him in the first round. Epic Fail.
Quote:
Best Case Scenario is that Dan Snyder loves Tebow so much he offers us a bag of peanuts for him and we trade him. Worst case scenario Orton, Quinn, Brandstater and the waterboy all get horrendously injured and Tebow plays as a starting QB.
Quote:
Cheers!
Brilliant.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:44 PM   #25
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You realize that he means the competition is on going correct? Lots of guys lost their jobs. Just because he was handed it to start doesn't mean he gets to keep it.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote