The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2010, 11:17 AM   #1
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default The Denver Broncos 2010 Draft Class!

Ladies, Gentlemen and Others. Here it is:

1a. Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech, 6'3", 224
On an offense known for its dominant rushing attack, Thomas' ability to stretch the field as a deep target kept defenses at bay. With his unique combination of size, body control and speed, scouts are hopeful that he'll continue the trend in the NFL.

1b. Tim Tebow, QB, Florida, 6'3', 236
One of the most decorated quarterbacks in the history of college football, the first sophomore to capture the Heisman Trophy had a glorious career at Florida. Whether he garners the same success at the professional level, on and off the field, Tebow was a true ambassador of the college game. His enthusiasm, character and competitiveness drew comparisons to former Navy and Dallas Cowboys great Roger Staubach.

2. Zane Beadles, OL, Utah, 6'5"
Regarded as one of the elite offensive tackles in college football, most professional talent evaluators view Beadles as the ideal guard at the next level. The four-year starter does have past experience at that position, moving from guard to tackle during his sophomore season. The consensus feels that he is the school's best offensive lineman since the Jordan Gross era (1999-2002).

3a. J.D. Walton, C, Baylor, 6'3", 300
A tenacious drive blocker who brings back memories of former Notre Dame and Kansas City Chiefs standout, Tim Grunhard, Walton should use some of his signing bonus to buy an IHOP, as he has truly mastered the art of serving up the "pancake" block while at Baylor. With 194 knockdowns to his credit during his last two seasons, what makes those numbers even more impressive is that he delivered 26 touchdown-resulting blocks for a running attack that scored 45 times on the ground in the Bears' last 24 contests.

3b. Eric Decker, WR, Minnesota, 6'3", 217
A two-sport standout, Decker has been compared by professional scouts to former NFL greats Don Maynard of the Jets and Raymond Berry of the Baltimore Colts for his outstanding hands, route-running ability and fearlessness going for the ball in a crowd. He's also an excellent blocker with a team-first attitude.

5. Perrish Cox, CB, Oklahoma State, 6'0", 195
After a U.S. Army All-American prep career in Waco, Cox made an immediate impact for the Cowboys. He returned the opening kickoff of the 2006 season for a touchdown, becoming the first 'Poke true freshman to do that since Barry Sanders in 1988.

6. Eric Olsen, C, Penn State, 6'4", 306
Feisty and aggressive is the best way to describe Olsen's play in the trenches. His versatility and powerful frame helped him dominate bull rushers, no matter where he plays on the field. His ability to play all three interior positions has talent evaluators comparing him to the Jacksonville Jaguars' Brad Meester.

7a. Syd'Quan Thompson, California, 5'9", 186
Thompson is a feisty competitor who has been a staple in the Cal defense for years. He's provided the Golden Bears with a lockdown defender in the secondary the past four seasons and holds the school record with 52 career starts. Despite his size, he is a physical player who challenges any receiver he faces. He has a knack for getting in between receivers and the ball, setting a school record with 36 pass deflections.

7b. Jammie Kirlew, DE/OLB, Indiana, 6'1", 260
Playing in the shadow of teammate Greg Middleton, Kirlew (whose first name is pronounced JAY-me) has put together an excellent career in Bloomington through hard work and determination. In fact, in both 2008 and 2009 he was named the Hoosiers' team Most Valuable Player.

(Notes from NFL Draft Scout)

Last edited by Rohirrim; 04-25-2010 at 11:10 AM..
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2010, 11:19 AM   #2
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Offense, and more offense.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:20 AM   #3
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

One defensive player. That's something.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:20 AM   #4
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

I actually think McD had a great draft this year. Can't wait till camp starts up.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:21 AM   #5
dsmoot
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Ladies, Gentlemen and Others. Here it is:

1a. Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech, 6'3", 224
On an offense known for its dominant rushing attack, Thomas' ability to stretch the field as a deep target kept defenses at bay. With his unique combination of size, body control and speed, scouts are hopeful that he'll continue the trend in the NFL.

1b. Tim Tebow, QB, Florida, 6'3', 236
One of the most decorated quarterbacks in the history of college football, the first sophomore to capture the Heisman Trophy had a glorious career at Florida. Whether he garners the same success at the professional level, on and off the field, Tebow was a true ambassador of the college game. His enthusiasm, character and competitiveness drew comparisons to former Navy and Dallas Cowboys great Roger Staubach.

2. Zane Beadles, OL, Utah, 6'5"
Regarded as one of the elite offensive tackles in college football, most professional talent evaluators view Beadles as the ideal guard at the next level. The four-year starter does have past experience at that position, moving from guard to tackle during his sophomore season. The consensus feels that he is the school's best offensive lineman since the Jordan Gross era (1999-2002).

3a. J.D. Walton, C, Baylor, 6'3", 300
A tenacious drive blocker who brings back memories of former Notre Dame and Kansas City Chiefs standout, Tim Grunhard, Walton should use some of his signing bonus to buy an IHOP, as he has truly mastered the art of serving up the "pancake" block while at Baylor. With 194 knockdowns to his credit during his last two seasons, what makes those numbers even more impressive is that he delivered 26 touchdown-resulting blocks for a running attack that scored 45 times on the ground in the Bears' last 24 contests.

3b. Eric Decker, WR, Minnesota, 6'3", 217
A two-sport standout, Decker has been compared by professional scouts to former NFL greats Don Maynard of the Jets and Raymond Berry of the Baltimore Colts for his outstanding hands, route-running ability and fearlessness going for the ball in a crowd. He's also an excellent blocker with a team-first attitude.

5. Perrish Cox, CB, Oklahoma State, 6'0", 195
After a U.S. Army All-American prep career in Waco, Cox made an immediate impact for the Cowboys. He returned the opening kickoff of the 2006 season for a touchdown, becoming the first 'Poke true freshman to do that since Barry Sanders in 1988.

6. Eric Olsen, C, Penn State, 6'4", 306
Feisty and aggressive is the best way to describe Olsen's play in the trenches. His versatility and powerful frame helped him dominate bull rushers, no matter where he plays on the field. His ability to play all three interior positions has talent evaluators comparing him to the Jacksonville Jaguars' Brad Meester.
5 Offensive Players 1 CB (special teams) - I don't know if anyone saw this coming. We obviously need to upgrade on OL. No youth for DL, no LB. Are we done in FA
dsmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:21 AM   #6
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Our offense has picked up some juice. Happiest Bronco at the end of the day?

Knowshon Moreno.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:22 AM   #7
DawnBTVS
Laugh This Off... Puddin'

Rookie Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton

I like that he did end building along the lines and rather than getting JD Walton and "naming" him the starter, he also drafted Eric Olsen out of ND for competition. Should be a fun battle to watch in TC and Preseason.

Also don't forget that we could get competition with signing UDFAs (e.g. Micah Johnson if he goes undrafted)
DawnBTVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:23 AM   #8
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmoot View Post
5 Offensive Players 1 CB (special teams) - I don't know if anyone saw this coming. We obviously need to upgrade on OL. No youth for DL, no LB. Are we done in FA
UDFA coming up. I hope they burn up the phone lines. This could be one of the hottest UDFA groups in history.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:24 AM   #9
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Build the lines. That's what I asked for in January. He's done that.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:24 AM   #10
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnBTVS View Post
I like that he did end building along the lines and rather than getting JD Walton and "naming" him the starter, he also drafted Eric Olsen out of ND for competition. Should be a fun battle to watch in TC and Preseason.
Yep. I'll bet they had Walton and Olsen as their two favorite centers on the board and just said, hell, bring them both in and let them fight it out.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:26 AM   #11
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

We have a lot more depth at DL and LB than people are realizing I think.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:26 AM   #12
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Now, all those people who were giving my grief in the Draft Forum for putting two WRs in my mock?

Anything to say for yourselves?
Old 04-24-2010, 11:28 AM   #13
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmoot View Post
Sorry, but somebody always has to b**ch......

It's an OM tradition......
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:30 AM   #14
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

My first impression is, our offense just got a whole lot better. And I'm not even counting Tebow.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:30 AM   #15
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Now, all those people who were giving my grief in the Draft Forum for putting two WRs in my mock?

Anything to say for yourselves?
Yeah. You fot the wrong two.......

Dumbarse........

Old 04-24-2010, 11:31 AM   #16
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
While I think the 2nd and 3rd days were very good I'm concerned, still, about the D. We may have depth but some of that depth is suspect. But we still have the UDFA. Overall, I'm very pleased.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:31 AM   #17
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Chris Baker NT was a big undrafted FA last season. it will be huge for him to continue to learn and develope with Vets like Jamall Williams and Bannon ahead of him. Also, Ayers will be starting, he was usually 1 or 2 steps away from making a lot of plays last season, I think with the 1 year of experience he will make a lot of those plays this season. Mario Haggen inside will do fine, he seems to have the range you need in the 3-4 scheme.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:34 AM   #18
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
yes and everyone discounts the PS players, and upcoming UDFA class

come on people, we had the 7th ranked defense last season...we added a LOT via free agency and will continue to add after the draft I bet

it amazes me how anyone can b**** about us taking SOLID care of the biggest glaring hole on our team last season with the interior line

good God
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:34 AM   #19
vanbrugh
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Personally i reckon this will be one of the best ever UDFA!
vanbrugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:37 AM   #20
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Yeah. You fot the wrong two.......

Dumbarse........

No. I had Benn and Decker. Well, at least on one of them.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:37 AM   #21
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

My only disappointment was not drafting an ILB. But other than that, I'm thrilled.
Inkana7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:37 AM   #22
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

"6. Eric Olsen, C, Penn State, 6'4", 306"

Shouldn't that be Notre Dame?
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:39 AM   #23
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Yep. I'll bet they had Walton and Olsen as their two favorite centers on the board and just said, hell, bring them both in and let them fight it out.
Olsen can play all positions on the Oline. Beadles can play G and C. Walton can play G and C. Lots of flexiibility.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:39 AM   #24
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

Can someone list all of the defensive players we've signed so far since the end of the season?

The draft is one way to improve your team, but so is FA. And since we went so offense-heavy in the draft, it'd be handy to see a list of the defensive players we've signed in the past few months.
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:43 AM   #25
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

Awesome draft. Bravo Josh!
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote