The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2010, 07:38 PM   #1
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal
Default Tebow and analysis of the Broncos draft...

...coming up on NFLN.
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2010, 07:40 PM   #2
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Thanks for the heads up! Jumped on it!

Loving Tebow in this interview too!
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:40 PM   #3
listopencil
[sarcasm]text[/sarcasm]

BOOM! Winner.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Broncos FO

CBS gave us an "F" for Tebow and a B for every other pick.
listopencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:41 PM   #4
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

"I'm going to do whatever they want me to do, I'm going to do it with all of my hearth, and I am going to do it to the best of my ability."

HOW DO PEOPLE NOT LIKE THIS GUY?
Old 04-23-2010, 07:44 PM   #5
listopencil
[sarcasm]text[/sarcasm]

BOOM! Winner.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Broncos FO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post

It's hard to believe he's for real.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:46 PM   #6
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
"I'm going to do whatever they want me to do, I'm going to do it with all of my hearth, and I am going to do it to the best of my ability."

Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:47 PM   #7
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Jamie Dukes said we did a good job! Oh my Tebow!
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:47 PM   #8
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Every player says these things.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:47 PM   #9
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Dukes actually said we have "some good players" on our draft list...all 5 Jamie, all 5.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:48 PM   #10
KevinJames
Peyton Taking us to SB 13

NFL network needs to get rid of everyone thats on that show right now........wow that was very very bad .

Jamie Dukes needs to just shut the hell up
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:48 PM   #11
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Tebow talked about being the first one there and the last one to leave. Rod Smith-like!
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:50 PM   #12
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Cliffs?
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:51 PM   #13
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
The difference is that Tebow means it.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:53 PM   #14
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
Cliffs?

Tebow was asked about if he knew denver would take him, why he thinks people have an issue with him, ect.

His answers were he and his agent had a good idea it was denver. he had a good connection with them when he came out here twice. he also said he felt it could have been a combo of things as to why people have a problem with him.

After they signed off with him, they said is it worth taking a "redshirt" qb in the first round. dukes stammered some BS but said denver did pick up some good players.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:54 PM   #15
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm ok with the draft. Obviously McDaniels thinks he can make Tebow a great QB. No one will outwork Tebow that's for sure. I'm hoping we'll see Tebow play some next year, in a wildcat or whatever you want to call it.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:54 PM   #16
Borks147
the dude abides...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
Tebow talked about being the first one there and the last one to leave. Rod Smith-like!
Rod was a near hall of famer with not so great athleticism but ridiculous work ethic - but Tebow actually has athleticism, imagine how great he can become
Borks147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:57 PM   #17
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
Ok, so Marshall's contract has a clause for him to make money doing ST's... Wanna put money on how many snaps he plays on ST this year?
Old 04-23-2010, 08:15 PM   #18
listopencil
[sarcasm]text[/sarcasm]

BOOM! Winner.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Broncos FO

Quote:
Ok, so Marshall's contract has a clause for him to make money doing ST's... Wanna put money on how many snaps he plays on ST this year?
Maybe as fans the recent douchebaggery we've had on the team (Cutler/Marshall/Sheffler) has left us a little snake bitten in the evaluating character department.

Everything I've seen about this kid says he's an outstanding human being. He has honestly impressed me as a person, well before we drafted him. It's just pretty heard to believe that he's going to live what he's saying right now. Not many people can walk the walk the way he is talking the talk. We'll see.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:22 PM   #19
Mediator12
OM analyst

Quanterus Smith was MY freakin Pick

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I am going to say this, NFL QB is the most impossible position to evaluate. Period. Any idiot who actually says he knows how ANY college QB's career will translate to the pros is lying. People said Drew Brees was too short. Phillip Rivers had worse mechanics than Tebow coming out. There is a whole bunch of personnel people who have lost their jobs by taking the wrong QB or not taking the right one.

Every other pick was a solid player. QB, no matter who it is, is a crapshoot. Bradford could be the next Tim Couch. Teams let Clausen and McCoy fall because of the ramifications of them not living up to expectations.

I have zero expectations coming into drafts anymore. It is just to crazy and variable. I do have players I like and I like all of these players. I like Tebow, just scared to death of expecting anything out of him or any other QB. Thomas, Beadles, Walton and Decker are all the kind of players who make a difference on the field. Tebow could also make the Red Zone offense downright scary RIGHT AWAY.

Personally, who else impacts better for this team right away. I am not a fan of either Pouncey or Iupati so the 2 Interior OL are great value picks to me. I already said I liked Thomas and Decker as 2 of my top 3 WR's. And tebow actually will bring some first year value in sub packages like third and short and red Zone.

That is how I see this draft right now. I like the players and I like exactly what they can do for this team right away. They make it much more versatile than last years group.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:32 PM   #20
bap454
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
I'm ok with the draft. Obviously McDaniels thinks he can make Tebow a great QB. No one will outwork Tebow that's for sure. I'm hoping we'll see Tebow play some next year, in a wildcat or whatever you want to call it.
Its officially called SALVATION HORSES from here on out!
bap454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:36 PM   #21
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

The funny thing is, except for the Tebow pick, I absolutely love this draft. So, in the final analysis, it doesnt' even matter to me if Tebow makes it or not. If he does, fantastic. It's a bonus. If he doesn't, meh. DT, Beadles, Walton and Decker? I love it. If Tebow does nothing else, he'll put butts in the seats. It's a win/win for me.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:37 PM   #22
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
I am going to say this, NFL QB is the most impossible position to evaluate. Period. Any idiot who actually says he knows how ANY college QB's career will translate to the pros is lying. People said Drew Brees was too short. Phillip Rivers had worse mechanics than Tebow coming out. There is a whole bunch of personnel people who have lost their jobs by taking the wrong QB or not taking the right one.

Every other pick was a solid player. QB, no matter who it is, is a crapshoot. Bradford could be the next Tim Couch. Teams let Clausen and McCoy fall because of the ramifications of them not living up to expectations.

I have zero expectations coming into drafts anymore. It is just to crazy and variable. I do have players I like and I like all of these players. I like Tebow, just scared to death of expecting anything out of him or any other QB. Thomas, Beadles, Walton and Decker are all the kind of players who make a difference on the field. Tebow could also make the Red Zone offense downright scary RIGHT AWAY.

Personally, who else impacts better for this team right away. I am not a fan of either Pouncey or Iupati so the 2 Interior OL are great value picks to me. I already said I liked Thomas and Decker as 2 of my top 3 WR's. And tebow actually will bring some first year value in sub packages like third and short and red Zone.

That is how I see this draft right now. I like the players and I like exactly what they can do for this team right away. They make it much more versatile than last years group.
Very true and I won't even mind if Tebow doesn't make it as a QB since he runs so well with the ball, I have little doubt they will find ways to get him on the field and the ball in his hands to run with it at least.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:39 PM   #23
bap454
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
The funny thing is, except for the Tebow pick, I absolutely love this draft. So, in the final analysis, it doesnt' even matter to me if Tebow makes it or not. If he does, fantastic. It's a bonus. If he doesn't, meh. DT, Beadles, Walton and Decker? I love it. If Tebow does nothing else, he'll put butts in the seats. It's a win/win for me.
I have to agree with you on Tebow. While Im "OK" with the pick, I think at min. he brings alot of exposure to the Broncos in Magazine covers, commercials, jersey sales,adds etc.....
bap454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:42 PM   #24
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bap454 View Post
I have to agree with you on Tebow. While Im "OK" with the pick, I think at min. he brings alot of exposure to the Broncos in Magazine covers, commercials, jersey sales,adds etc.....

And if he becomes a Steve Young-esque player...all of those magazine covers, jersey sales, commercials will double.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:48 PM   #25
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post

Absolutely this... if nothing else, he completely changes the game in goal-to-go situations. I was not a fan of the pick yesterday... but the more I thought about it, the more sense it made to me. We have been terrible in the red zone... downright awful inside the 10. Tebow is a threat to run, pass, catch, and decoy. He'll make an immediate impact here.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote