The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2010, 01:57 PM   #1
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker
Default schefter on broncos draft....(for all you tebow haters)

"Denver went into Thursday with a 1st, two 2nds and a 3rd -- and came out with two 1sts, one 2nd, two 3rds, and the two players it wanted."

win / win in my opinion
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2010, 01:59 PM   #2
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Beat the Chefs! Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Did he give Chipoltle 8 out of 10 "footballs" for their chicken taco's?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:00 PM   #3
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirMoreno27 View Post
"Denver went into Thursday with a 1st, two 2nds and a 3rd -- and came out with two 1sts, one 2nd, two 3rds, and the two players it wanted."

win / win in my opinion
Mayock just said the same thing; how impressed he was with the Broncos manipulating the board to exit day with 2 1st round selections (the players they clearly wanted) and still have their entire draft in place.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:00 PM   #4
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Mmm...tacos. I know what I'm having for dinner.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:00 PM   #5
TheDave
Sauced...

I have absolutely no problem with the way they manuvered in the draft... I'm just not too sure about the players they drafted once the maneuvering was finished.
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:09 PM   #6
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
I have absolutely no problem with the way they manuvered in the draft... I'm just not too sure about the players they drafted once the maneuvering was finished.
Thomas I'm meh on... but I love the Tebow pick SOOOOOOOOOOOO much.

1. We get the guy the entire NFL is scared of. He's a winner with all the measurables and intangibles and work ethic but he has major flaws with his footwork, throwing motion, making reads, and more. Crazy enigma that's on our side.

2. Josh's balls are the size of Antarctica. He looks at this guy and says, "I can make this special", and he's so convinced of it, he moves up to make certain he gets him. Narcissism and confidence on that level you KNOW I'm going to love.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:10 PM   #7
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
Yeah, but those were clearly the players they were after, so the maneuvering doesn't take place if those aren't the players.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:12 PM   #8
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
2. Josh's balls are the size of Antarctica. He looks at this guy and says, "I can make this special", and he's so convinced of it, he moves up to make certain he gets him. Narcissism and confidence on that level you KNOW I'm going to love.
All the swapping in the first round was designed around getting Tebow. You're right, it takes balls to pull it of though.

My favorite quote so far is from Tebow's agent: "The Broncos are the most honest organization out there".
Old 04-23-2010, 02:17 PM   #9
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Schefter will not criticize broncos even if they gave away the entire draft picks for Tim Tebow.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:20 PM   #10
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

i just love the fact that we got 2 highly talented players in the first round and still have 3 picks today.... and i honestly think that denver is the BEST team that tebow could have gone to. McD can teach this kid everything and Tebow is probably one of the easiest kids to teach.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:21 PM   #11
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Thomas I'm meh on... but I love the Tebow pick SOOOOOOOOOOOO much.

1. We get the guy the entire NFL is scared of. He's a winner with all the measurables and intangibles and work ethic but he has major flaws with his footwork, throwing motion, making reads, and more. Crazy enigma that's on our side.

1. I don't know how scared they are seeing as how none of them wanted him that badly and how much work he has to do just become a passable player.

2. Dude who jump off high-rises with capes also have huge balls, that doesn't mean it is a good decision, just a brave one. I am not saying Mcdaniels will faceplant into the concreate at 200 Mph, but brave decisions are definitely not always smart.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:21 PM   #12
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Schefter will not criticize broncos even if they gave away the entire draft picks for Tim Tebow.
That's not the point. Criticize the players we chose all you want, but the fact remains we gained picks in the top 100 and got two players we were targeting. It was impressive maneuvering.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:22 PM   #13
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
i just love the fact that we got 2 highly talented players in the first round and still have 3 picks today.... and i honestly think that denver is the BEST team that tebow could have gone to. McD can teach this kid everything and Tebow is probably one of the easiest kids to teach.
That's a great way to look at it.....one of the best young teachers in the NFL + one of the most coachable players in the draft = what should be very good things.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:23 PM   #14
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Have you only been a Broncos fan for the last 6 months?
Old 04-23-2010, 02:23 PM   #15
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Well, actually we lost a 4th in the process, so it was really a matter of moving one pick up one round, but his point still stands.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:26 PM   #16
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
1. I don't know how scared they are seeing as how none of them wanted him that badly and how much work he has to do just become a passable player.

2. Dude who jump off high-rises with capes also have huge balls, that doesn't mean it is a good decision, just a brave one. I am not saying Mcdaniels will faceplant into the concreate at 200 Mph, but brave decisions are definitely not always smart.
People who jump off buildings wearing sheets are dumb, not brave.

Getting 2 first round players who you wanted and losing essentially no picks to do it is both brave and impressive.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:28 PM   #17
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer

Novaking

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut

I am more excited about what Tebow can bring in the short term in short yardage and goaline, where we were terrible last year, then I am in the long term prospects. He can be a weapon in those situations with the threat of the run or the pass. Defenses will have to account for him. That being said, under McDaniels Tom Brady took his game to another level, so did Orton, and what he did with Cassel, a dude that didn't start a game since High School cannot be ignored. There is some hope in the long term that McD can work some magic with Tebow.
BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:31 PM   #18
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
I don't know how scared they are seeing as how none of them wanted him that badly and how much work he has to do just become a passable player.
I think several teams "wanted him", or were at least intrigued or interested, but they weren't brave enough, or perhaps stupid enough, to take him in the 1st.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:48 PM   #19
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
He criticised the trade up last year for Smith. He criticised the organisation over both the Cutler and Marshall issues.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:57 PM   #20
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

I've been arguably the most critical of McKid's BS since he touched down and hacked off Cutler but yesterday's maneuvers, picks aside, were very well executed. We can talk about the players he chose elsewhere but I don't know if you can make much of an argument against the way he worked the board.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:03 PM   #21
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:

1. Let's take a hard look at it though. We know he's a worker. We know he doesn't have to step in and play every down right away. He'll get snaps in practice and have certain packages designed to utilize what he can bring to the table immediately and it will aid in his development and slow the pro game down for him and make him more comfortable.

2. Dude who jumps off high-rises with a cape still has balls that should be respected.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:05 PM   #22
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

After the dust has settled from the 1st round... I'm pretty impressed. They didn't take the players I wanted, but they did work the board quite well, and came away with two of the players they wanted without sacrificing their day 2/3 picks.

Makes me proud to be a Broncos fan.
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:10 PM   #23
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Why should Schefter criticize the Broncos when the Broncos have "fans" like you?

'nuff said.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:14 PM   #24
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatFan View Post
After the dust has settled from the 1st round... I'm pretty impressed. They didn't take the players I wanted, but they did work the board quite well, and came away with two of the players they wanted without sacrificing their day 2/3 picks.

Makes me proud to be a Broncos fan.
Did they televise this in Abu Dhabi? Would love to see the Broncos play a game in some Zaha Hadid constructed mega stadium.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:19 PM   #25
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

This has all the makings for a fierce QB competition in Training Camp and Pre-Season. Should be a blast to watch.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote