The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2010, 09:06 AM   #1
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf
Default Back from the grave --- momentarily

I haven't posted in years, and judging by some of the comments I've seen I haven't missed anything. This place is still over-run by obnoxious retards who are trying to make up for their own inadequacies. But I need a place to vent and the other places I usually post I can't view at work for some asinine reason.

So....

How much longer till McD is fired? This so called "offense genius" trades three of his best four offensive players within 15 months of being hired, and then uses all of his new picks on offensive players last night? I didn't realize the McDaniels system needs to invest so many high picks on offense to work (sarcastic sentence for those not catching on).

The off-season moves involving Marshall, who is a douche bag himself, and this draft can be summarized as follows: using our first pick on D. Thomas, our second pick on a swing the fences gamble at a position where we have no need, and giving up our star WR and getting back a 3rd rounder and a 2011 second. Doesn't sound very good to me for a team that allowed 25.5 PPG in their last 11 games and 30.5 PPG in their last 4 games. Yes, I'm using multiple end points to objectify the fact that the Broncos defense stinks. All they've done to improve the D is trade their one playmaker on offense and sign a bunch of retreads (Shanny did the same thing) along the d-line in FA (i.e hoping and praying that something sticks).

At 24, we could have drafted Dan Williams. At 25, we could have taken Kyle Wilson or Devin McCourtey, or gone with Jerry Hughes or Sergio Kindle. Or taken the 3-4 DE in Jared Odrick that we desperately, desperately need. Outside of message boards I doubt most Bronco fans could name a single one of Denver's starters on the DL last season. Can you imagine if we came out of round 1 with Dan Williams and Jared Odrick with more picks to come? We could have easily packaged some of those later round picks to grab three or four more impact players. Hell, we could have traded up to take Hughes or Kyle Wilson in addition to Odrick. Now THAT would have been a defensive overhaul and a great way to build our team.

(Oh, and I don't know how D. Thomas is going to go from running 3 routes to running 50 in McDaniels' complicated offense; if Thomas ever pans out, it will probably be for a new coach in year 3 or 4 of his career....God I hope it's 1-2 years and not longer)

Not to mention we will probably have a new owner. Maybe when we get rid of DOOM people will finally have enough. Lord knows it won't be when the defense collapses yet again. What are the odds for our current d-coach, what's his name again, being around more than 2 years?

What pisses me off even more is the fact that we wasted our first rounder on Moreno last year. I think he will be a good back, but it's obvious that we are several years from being a good team. RBs are the easiest position to address and instead of focusing on a need that will pay off in the long run McD drafted a RB that will most likely be burned out by the time this team competes.

/rant
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2010, 09:09 AM   #2
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

What up Rascal... you still in OK?

The draft was awesome, go back to hiding and come back in two years when both Tebow and Thomas are full-functioning.

Seriously, I don't mind what we did in the first round. In fact, I like the moves quite a bit.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:10 AM   #3
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

*takes shovel and throws dirt back on* Back in grave.

Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:10 AM   #4
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
I haven't posted in years, and judging by some of the comments I've seen I haven't missed anything. This place is still over-run by obnoxious retards who are trying to make up for their own inadequacies. But I need a place to vent and the other places I usually post I can't view at work for some asinine reason.

So....

How much longer till McD is fired? This so called "offense genius" trades three of his best four offensive players within 15 months of being hired, and then uses all of his new picks on offensive players last night? I didn't realize the McDaniels system needs to invest so many high picks on offense to work (sarcastic sentence for those not catching on).

The off-season moves involving Marshall, who is a douche bag himself, and this draft can be summarized as follows: using our first pick on D. Thomas, our second pick on a swing the fences gamble at a position where we have no need, and giving up our star WR and getting back a 3rd rounder and a 2011 second. Doesn't sound very good to me for a team that allowed 25.5 PPG in their last 11 games and 30.5 PPG in their last 4 games. Yes, I'm using multiple end points to objectify the fact that the Broncos defense stinks. All they've done to improve the D is trade their one playmaker on offense and sign a bunch of retreads (Shanny did the same thing) along the d-line in FA (i.e hoping and praying that something sticks).

At 24, we could have drafted Dan Williams. At 25, we could have taken Kyle Wilson or Devin McCourtey, or gone with Jerry Hughes or Sergio Kindle. Or taken the 3-4 DE in Jared Odrick that we desperately, desperately need. Outside of message boards I doubt most Bronco fans could name a single one of Denver's starters on the DL last season. Can you imagine if we came out of round 1 with Dan Williams and Jared Odrick with more picks to come? We could have easily packaged some of those later round picks to grab three or four more impact players. Hell, we could have traded up to take Hughes or Kyle Wilson in addition to Odrick. Now THAT would have been a defensive overhaul and a great way to build our team.

(Oh, and I don't know how D. Thomas is going to go from running 3 routes to running 50 in McDaniels' complicated offense; if Thomas ever pans out, it will probably be for a new coach in year 3 or 4 of his career....God I hope it's 1-2 years and not longer)

Not to mention we will probably have a new owner. Maybe when we get rid of DOOM people will finally have enough. Lord knows it won't be when the defense collapses yet again. What are the odds for our current d-coach, what's his name again, being around more than 2 years?

What pisses me off even more is the fact that we wasted our first rounder on Moreno last year. I think he will be a good back, but it's obvious that we are several years from being a good team. RBs are the easiest position to address and instead of focusing on a need that will pay off in the long run McD drafted a RB that will most likely be burned out by the time this team competes.

/rant
Great Post and exactly the way I feel
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:15 AM   #5
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

If I can speak truthfully your post does not come off as any less obnoxious than the best of our Mane brethren
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:18 AM   #6
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

The Mane has become much more simplified.

If you are not on board 100%, you are a hater.

It's a reflection of the polarized times we live in.

You have to be a full-on member of one faction or the other.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:19 AM   #7
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Sergio Kindle is falling because of chronic knee problems. Wouldn't have been smart to trade up for him. That is why he is, and will continue to fall.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:23 AM   #8
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Yes, I'm using multiple end points to objectify the fact that the Broncos defense stinks. All they've done to improve the D is trade their one playmaker on offense and sign a bunch of retreads (Shanny did the same thing) along the d-line in FA (i.e hoping and praying that something sticks).
Exactly my problem. I have no problem with McD developing his own team, it's what I wanted. The previous regime had lapses of clarity as far as the whole team was concerned. McD is trending towards that position. Great receivers can be found more often in the later rounds than the first, they are a panic pick, and are NOT a priority or game changer. I hope that McD addresses the biggest problems with this team today.....OL, and D. I want the best for this team, I pray I'm wrong and McD is a genius.

Oh and I have no problem whatsoever with McD not taking Odrick. Do wish he had taken that position but not that player. And TSI will be around to grade your fandom.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:24 AM   #9
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Sergio Kindle is falling because of chronic knee problems. Wouldn't have been smart to trade up for him. That is why he is, and will continue to fall.
and this is why rascal is not a GM in the league. sergio will continue to fall for awhile because he might miss the entire rookie year, but he would took him in the 1st.

and i think peole forget we signed 3 starting DL in the offseason. stop gap maybe, but allows mcdaniels time to fill other positions on teh team that need it.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:26 AM   #10
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
I forgot about Kindle and his knees. I guess that's what happens when you a UT hater. The point of my post still remains it's validity.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:26 AM   #11
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
and this is why rascal is not a GM in the league.

You and Rascal would have gotten along just swell...
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:26 AM   #12
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
and this is why rascal is not a GM in the league. sergio will continue to fall for awhile because he might miss the entire rookie year, but he would took him in the 1st.

and i think peole forget we signed 3 starting DL in the offseason. stop gap maybe, but allows mcdaniels time to fill other positions on teh team that need it.
It isn't Rascal's fault he doesn't know this. A lot of people didn't know this until last night after it was being reported on several outlets. Clint Ingram slipped in the draft last year for the same reasons. Happens all the time. I love Jerry Hughes, but advocating a trade up for a guy who has chronic knee issues that will significantly impact his ability to play in the NFL is silly.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:27 AM   #13
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

cry me a river, donk

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:28 AM   #14
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

When I saw this thread all I could think is that Tim Tebow resurrected the OP.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:29 AM   #15
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:

lol...if I was a GM I would have done more research than I did, but as I told Req my point still remains.

Ah yes...we signed three retreads that nobody else wanted and who didn't even start for their old team or where to injured to do anything logic. Everybody's trash that we bring in instantly turns into gold...I need to put a patent on that.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:30 AM   #16
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:

Rascals not a GM, but this from your on board GM, TSI. I think he mentioned the players we signed, TSI. The D, for once in 10 years, should be the primary focus and hopefully acquire depth at positions long neglected and in worst case scenario player(s) that could have started shortly, just in case....on D. A great offense isn't going to do anything without a very good D, except win some regular season games. Been there, done that.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:31 AM   #17
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
cry me a river, donk

FAG....errrrr
Old 04-23-2010, 09:31 AM   #18
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post

So....

/rant
I agree with the above post. It isnt that I hate Tebow or Thomas just the fact we gave up picks and past up several Defenders to pick them. The picks we gave up could of been sunk into the DL and OL instead we now have a log jam at QB with no solution yet and banking on TX2.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:31 AM   #19
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Rascals not a GM, but this from your on board GM, TSI. I think he mentioned the players we signed, TSI. The D, for once in 10 years, should be the primary focus and hopefully acquire depth at positions long neglected and in worst case scenario player(s) that could have started shortly, just in case....on D. A great offense isn't going to do anything without a very good D, except win some regular season games. Been there, done that.
the D was pretty good last year with the line that we had, now with an upgrade at basically all 3 positions, they are gonna be worse?
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:32 AM   #20
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

We got rid of our offensive playmakers and they needed replacing. Whether or not these guys pan out is another question.

The fact is these 2 positions we got last night are NEEDS
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:33 AM   #21
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Quote:
It isn't Rascal's fault he doesn't know this. A lot of people didn't know this until last night after it was being reported on several outlets. Clint Ingram slipped in the draft last year for the same reasons. Happens all the time. I love Jerry Hughes, but advocating a trade up for a guy who has chronic knee issues that will significantly impact his ability to play in the NFL is silly.
Well obviously that is the point of having your doctors go over them and something as fans we don't have access to (until somebody leaks it). Unless you are shanny of course in which case you play doctor yourself.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:41 AM   #22
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
The D is currently better than the O and we still have three picks in the next two rounds. No reason for panic (unless you have a problem with Tebow/Thomas in particular).

Also, people are underestimating how much this team likes Baker. They carried him on the roster all last season and gave him as big a bonus as any UDFA. They think they've found a real player in him. Couple that with some other young talent still on the DL (Fields is in his late 20's, McBean is 25) and we aren't exactly sending out a bunch of borderline retirees with nothing behind them.

Its a deep draft and we could still find some very good playmakers in the middle rounds for the defense and offensive line.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:45 AM   #23
Steve Sewell
Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Patrick and Ty's pimp

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers

herp derp I HATE JOSH MCDANIELS herp derp derp
Steve Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:57 AM   #24
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
the D was pretty good last year with the line that we had, now with an upgrade at basically all 3 positions, they are gonna be worse?
Still would have been nice to have a young NT in the Rotation should JWill go down like he did last year or retire in a year.

mCd got what HE wanted that is all that counts. Still not sure if Quinn was picked up to be a 2nd stringer or win a gig.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:59 AM   #25
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote