The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 11:32 PM   #1
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
At Unbelievers

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,916

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default Do we deal Orton/Quinn Tomorrow?

What do you guys think? Do we keep Orton, or do we deal him to a team that needs a QB?

I would love to see him traded. I think it might just happen too.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2010, 11:34 PM   #2
strafen
Karma
 
strafen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,248

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default

Yes, and I can see Orton being dealt to a team like Buffalo...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:34 PM   #3
Sassy
Ring of Famer
 
Sassy's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Location: ND
Posts: 37,667

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal
Default

I don't know...in his interview McD said right now Orton is the starting QB...and if someone passes him in camp...things will change ...
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:35 PM   #4
Kid A
Ring of Famer
 
Kid A's Avatar
 
I don't need love. I just need wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,253

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default

No. Not a chance we want to plan on going into week 1 with Tebow as our starter. With a year invested in him learning the system, Orton seems the only/best choice to be the veteran starter while grooming the two younger QBs.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:36 PM   #5
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,363

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Orton is a good bridge to 2011. Need to give Tebow at least one year and maybe two to be ready. They need someone serviceable to bridge the gap. I'd be shocked if they dealt him. I don't think they'll get rid of Quinn either for the same reason. I think they'd like two vets at the top in case one goes down so they don't have to rush Tim into things if there's an emergency.
__________________


Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:37 PM   #6
yerner
Ring of Famer
 
yerner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charlottesville VA
Posts: 3,936
Default

Why the hell would they do that? He's is the starting Qb.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:37 PM   #7
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
At Unbelievers

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,916

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Wonder how many people that don't want to trade Orton now were bashing him all season/last year?
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:38 PM   #8
montrose
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 6,077

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway
Default

Keep 'em all. Flipping QBs is a smart business. If Quinn or Brandstater look good in camp and another team has a need - move them for picks then.

What Would Tim Tebow Do?

Founding Members: Montrose, SoCal
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:39 PM   #9
boppool
Ring of Famer
 
boppool's Avatar
 
Superbowl or bust!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 1,038

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

No. If anyone's getting traded, it would be Brandstater and he has no trade value right now..
boppool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:52 PM   #10
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 7,991
Default

Tebow is a 2 yr project.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 04-22-2010 at 11:58 PM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:53 PM   #11
Rausch 2.0
Angry Drunken German
 
Rausch 2.0's Avatar
 
Angry Drunken German

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Jefferson City, Mo.
Posts: 895

Adopt-a-Bronco:
McD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Tebow is a 2 yr project ask Matt Cassel let him learn slowly.
Yeah.

Your QB probably shouldn't be allowed around Cassel at the **** all.








EVAR.











IN HIS LIFE...
Rausch 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:02 AM   #12
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 14,506

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default

yeah Id like to see Orton get moved. Be nice to see his sorry ass get moved back to Chicago.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:07 AM   #13
strafen
Karma
 
strafen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,248

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
I don't know...in his interview McD said right now Orton is the starting QB...and if someone passes him in camp...things will change ...
And he had said similar things in the past about Hillis, Cutler, Scheffler, Marshall, etc...
I've learned to take what Mcdaniels says with a grain of salt. Matter of fact, everytime he says something like that, you can pretty much consider it the death knell
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:09 AM   #14
strafen
Karma
 
strafen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,248

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Wonder how many people that don't want to trade Orton now were bashing him all season/last year?
I promise you, I wasn't one of them.
I can't wait to see him gone!
He's going to be a hurdle to our plan moving forward...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:16 AM   #15
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 9,797

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Who knows. It's not like McD knew he would be able to get Tbow. Don't think there can be 4 QB's on the team. Brandstater has no trade value and I doubt he gets cut when he's got potential and a much higher ceiling then Quinn or Orton. I think McD will be open to moving one of them. But, there is also the chance that we keep all 3 of our QB's and create a new position on the team for Tbow (maybe Wildhorses secret weopon) as he develops.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:20 AM   #16
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,413

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

If anyone gets traded, I would expect it would be Brandstater in a "move up" type of situation.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:20 AM   #17
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian
 
Hogan11's Avatar
 
Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: W.NY.B.C.
Posts: 21,000

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little
Default

What would Buffalo give Denver for Tebow?
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:28 AM   #18
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,544

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
yeah Id like to see Orton get moved. Be nice to see his sorry ass get moved back to Chicago.
so you want Tebow, Brandstater and Quinn to compete for the starting job? Hell NO! Orton gives us the best chance to win. Having these QBs will not only give us depth, it gives us a future and potential chances at trading one that is needed by another team. Hell, look what SD got for Whithurst to Seattle. Keep 'em, let 'em compete and best man wins which will be Orton.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:33 AM   #19
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,524

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Thank god the Brandstater era is over in Denver.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:35 AM   #20
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 9,797

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Thank god the Brandstater era is over in Denver.
Thanks for the update Mr. Crystal Ball.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:41 AM   #21
strafen
Karma
 
strafen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,248

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Thank god the Orton era is over in Denver.
Fixed it for you!
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:46 AM   #22
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 14,506

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
so you want Tebow, Brandstater and Quinn to compete for the starting job? Hell NO! Orton gives us the best chance to win. Having these QBs will not only give us depth, it gives us a future and potential chances at trading one that is needed by another team. Hell, look what SD got for Whithurst to Seattle. Keep 'em, let 'em compete and best man wins which will be Orton.
Look, I just cant stand the guy. I know he's starting next year, and I accept that. But I wouldnt be at all upset if we traded him tomorrow. Im like a woman on this one, so dont try to change my opinion with logic. I just want him out of here. Im sick of his arm, Im sick of his dumbass Plummer wannabe beard, Im sick of him missing open receivers, Im sick of seeing him walking back to the sideline with that dumbass "my bad" look on his face while McD starts chewing his ass, Im sick of the dink and dunk bull**** which seems to be the ONLY offense he can run. He's never going to do jack **** in this league without a monster running game, a "1st in the league" defense, and a great offensive line. When I see him in that huddle I see that there is no chance in hell that we have a shot at winning a Super Bowl.

That said, I understand he will likely be our starter next year and right now Im OK with that, because we now have 2, maybe 3 guys right on his ass that have higher ceilings than him, and next year, Tim Tebow willing, his ass be gone.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:51 AM   #23
strafen
Karma
 
strafen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,248

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Look, I just cant stand the guy. I know he's starting next year, and I accept that. But I wouldnt be at all upset if we traded him tomorrow. Im like a woman on this one, so dont try to change my opinion with logic. I just want him out of here. Im sick of his arm, Im sick of his dumbass Plummer wannabe beard, Im sick of him missing open receivers, Im sick of seeing him walking back to the sideline with that dumbass "my bad" look on his face while McD starts chewing his ass, Im sick of the dink and dunk bull**** which seems to be the ONLY offense he can run. He's never going to do jack **** in this league without a monster running game, a "1st in the league" defense, and a great offensive line. When I see him in that huddle I see that there is no chance in hell that we have a shot at winning a Super Bowl.

That said, I understand he will likely be our starter next year and right now Im OK with that, because we now have 2, maybe 3 guys right on his ass that have higher ceilings than him, and next year, Tim Tebow willing, his ass be gone.
Amen !
Everything I've ever said about Orton, you just compiled it all into that post!
Rep!
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:04 AM   #24
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,524

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Thanks for the update Mr. Crystal Ball.
Power ball numbers are
11-34-41-49-55-20
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:55 AM.


Denver Broncos