The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2010, 12:40 PM   #1
Ramathorn
Perennial Pro-bowler

M E O W

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elvis Dumervil
Default OT-Earnhardt Jr to drive #3 at daytona

Updated Apr 22, 2010 1:57 PM ET
What could be the hottest collectable car of the summer, if not the entire 2010 season? Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s No. 3 Wrangler Chevrolet.

Sources have told FOXSports.com that Earnhardt will revive his father's famous No. 3 in a collaborative effort initiated by JR Motorsports with Richard Childress Racing and Dale Earnhardt Inc. A formal announcement is expected on April 29.

According to team sources, a Hendrick Motorsports engine will power the car.

Earnhardt Jr. currently has a personal services contract with Wrangler, continuing a family legacy between the brands. Wrangler first sponsored his father for the final race of his 1980 Cup championship season and the following year with Rod Osterlund for the first 16 races.

After four races with James Stacy, who bought the team from Osterlund, Earnhardt and Wrangler moved to Richard Childress Racing and the No. 3 Pontiac for the remainder of 1981. Despite a two-year separation when Earnhardt campaigned in the Wrangler Ford for Bud Moore, he returned to RCR in 1984 and Wrangler remained the primary sponsor until the end of the 1987 season a span that included two more Cup championships. GM Goodwrench took over the car in 1988 and Earnhardt switched to a black car.

Earnhardt also drove a Wrangler-sponsored car in the Busch Series (now Nationwide Series) in 16 races, earning three wins (1982 in Daytona, 1983 in Charlotte and 1985 in Rockinhgham). Earnhardt Jr. drove a Wrangler paint scheme twice in 1997 in Busch competition
Ramathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2010, 01:30 PM   #2
philiptr2
Gunslinger

DRAW!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramathorn View Post
a collaborative effort initiated by JR Motorsports with Richard Childress Racing and Dale Earnhardt Inc.
Really? Quite a collaboration. Should be fun to see the 3 again.
philiptr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:33 PM   #3
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Seeing the classic #3 would be fun to see again.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:49 PM   #4
Crashman44b
"Tough aint enough"

"on the gas and in your @#$"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Buckhalter

I dont like it. Since Daytona is the only track that JR does fairly well at, I guess it might be ok. Otherwise JR sucks and doesnt deserve to run the number 3. Im sure I'll get knocked for this but I dont care. JR sucks and Dale was the greatest of all time. Since its his Dads number, then well,.................OK.
Crashman44b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:13 PM   #5
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

As long as Tony Stewart wins I don't care what he drives
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:28 PM   #6
Ramathorn
Perennial Pro-bowler

M E O W

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elvis Dumervil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashman44b View Post
I dont like it. Since Daytona is the only track that JR does fairly well at, I guess it might be ok. Otherwise JR sucks and doesnt deserve to run the number 3. Im sure I'll get knocked for this but I dont care. JR sucks and Dale was the greatest of all time. Since its his Dads number, then well,.................OK.
Jr is quite pathetic at winning. hes running consistent now, but i want to see wins. The only reason im fine with him in it is because he is the son and drove 3 his entire busch career.
Ramathorn is offline   Reply With Quote