The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2010, 09:03 AM   #1
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas
Default If you are here this time of year you are hard core so do yourself a favor...

Watch the Josh McD presser previewing the draft again

Great insight to the future of your Broncos.

If you watch and listen carefully you will gain much insight to the direction Josh is taking this team and it is impressive.

The reporters are miked up too.

here;

http://www.denverbroncos.com/

This thread was inspired by a post from Kaylore;
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2010, 11:03 AM   #2
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Impressive = Playoffs, not draft direction after admitting to not being ready for last years draft.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:07 AM   #3
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

I think saying you're better prepared this year doesn't mean you weren't prepared for the last one.

Last edited by Chris; 04-21-2010 at 02:40 PM..
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:09 AM   #4
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Jumpping up to grab Tebow and blowing all those 2nd round picks we stockpiled = impressive?
Old 04-21-2010, 11:12 AM   #5
bronco militia
Ring of Famer

THE GREATEST

"Talk is cheap"
Attached Images

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:18 AM   #6
bloodsunday
Ring of Famer

Nothing lasts forever.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I think saying you're better prepared this year doesn't mean you were prepared for the last one.
Exactly. How was a guy supposed to be as "prepared" in year 1 as year 2? He was a new head coach with a new organization trying to implement new systems. Bowlen not only hired him, but he shook up the personnel department as well.

I would hope it goes without saying he's more prepared this year. He knows his players better. He knows himself as a HC better. And he likely has a very good idea about where they need to improve to get off the 8 - 8 bandwagon.
bloodsunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:18 AM   #7
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Maybe mCd is just trying to throw teams off his scent so he can safely trade down and grab some more round 2 picks.

Maybe he wants to be the crazy dude with the crazy eye in front of you at the gas station arguing the price of a ho-ho who tells the owner "You don't want to mess with me man! You don't know what I am capable of".

Likely that guy is Kircus...or mCd...
Old 04-21-2010, 11:19 AM   #8
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Unimpressed.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:19 AM   #9
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Maybe mCd is just trying to throw teams off his scent so he can safely trade down and grab some more round 2 picks.

Maybe he wants to be the crazy dude with the crazy eye in front of you at the gas station arguing the price of a ho-ho who tells the owner "You don't want to mess with me man! You don't know what I am capable of".

Likely that guy is Kircus...or mCd...

Mock, is that you?
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:19 AM   #10
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I think saying you're better prepared this year doesn't mean you were prepared for the last one.
Yeah that's not fallacious at all. Getting better always means you must have sucked before that improvement.

I will say having a year to evaluate not just the prospects but also his own team will probably yield better results than last year. Not just in picking good players but knowing better what kind of players we need and how they can help.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:21 AM   #11
Steve Sewell
Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Patrick and Ty's pimp

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers

If you want an impressive McDaniels interview, watch the one from NFL network with Mike Florio, and take note of his philosophy on team building. It will shed a lot of light on recent happenings.
Steve Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:22 AM   #12
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

They talked about the Broncos on NFLN last night. The whole table seemed to be impressed with McDaniels. The question arose (naturally) about him needing a QB, etc.
One of the analysts reminded the table that this wasn't a SB contending team he inherited. The other said he believes teams need a few years in this kind of a situation.
Overall, it was surprisingly positive. Most people who have spoken with McD seem to come away very impressed.

The guy is going to be a great coach in this league. The only question is, will it be with us? I think Bowlen has a lot of patience, so I'm optimistic it will be with us.

Expecting a nice improvement this year, and looking forward to watching a real NFL team come together.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:26 AM   #13
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Sewell View Post
If you want an impressive McDaniels interview, watch the one from NFL network with Mike Florio, and take note of his philosophy on team building. It will shed a lot of light on recent happenings.
Link please.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:31 AM   #14
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Mock, is that you?
I don't get Baja's point? He wants to move up to grap Tebow for reals or he is just talking to confuse others.

It would be real nice to fill out the depth drafting for need this year rather than moving up to grab BPA.

We have a hole at C, our LG is really a quality BU not stud starter, we could use another quality LB and young quality NT, a stud S would be nice as would another DE and some OT depth.

That is a lot of needs that can be addressed if they stay put or trade down.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:35 AM   #15
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
I don't get Baja's point? He wants to move up to grap Tebow for reals or he is just talking to confuse others.

It would be real nice to fill out the depth drafting for need this year rather than moving up to grab BPA.

We have a hole at C, our LG is really a quality BU not stud starter, we could use another quality LB and young quality NT, a stud S would be nice as would another DE and some OT depth.

That is a lot of needs that can be addressed if they stay put or trade down.
Did McD say we wouldn't be addressing the O-line? I must have missed that in the interview.

Beyond that, when was the last time you saw a team express a ton of interest in taking a guy in the late 1st round... and then they actually were able to go ahead and do it.

We have no idea what his plan is, and that's a good thing. If he likes Tebow enough to take him in the late 1st early 2nd, I'll look at that as an exciting thing. McDaniels is masterful at working with QBs and has an eye for talent.

I fully expect that we'll address our OL issues, as well.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:40 AM   #16
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Did McD say we wouldn't be addressing the O-line? I must have missed that in the interview.

Beyond that, when was the last time you saw a team express a ton of interest in taking a guy in the late 1st round... and then they actually were able to go ahead and do it.

We have no idea what his plan is, and that's a good thing. If he likes Tebow enough to take him in the late 1st early 2nd, I'll look at that as an exciting thing. McDaniels is masterful at working with QBs and has an eye for talent.

I fully expect that we'll address our OL issues, as well.
I think at times you and I speak 2 different languages. I didn't quote mCd at all in my post though he has said multiple times that if they could trade up to get a guy they want they will consider it. In the latest NFLN interview you mentioned above he talked about moving up more than he did in the draft preview interview.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:41 AM   #17
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Link please.

He means Lombardi, and I think it's the one you mentioned as being a table discussion, but really was just Lombardi and Fran Charles(?).

I think at least, that that's what both of you were talking about.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-player...aniels-sitdown
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:43 AM   #18
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
The guy is going to be a great coach in this league. The only question is, will it be with us? I think Bowlen has a lot of patience, so I'm optimistic it will be with us.

Expecting a nice improvement this year, and looking forward to watching a real NFL team come together.
My biggest fear is that mCd is learning on our dime and will be able to make an impact with his 2nd HC gig just like Belly and Shanny among others have.

This year will tell alot. Tomorrow will tell alot.

Hopefully this year proves the right decision was made last year.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:50 AM   #19
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
They talked about the Broncos on NFLN last night. The whole table seemed to be impressed with McDaniels. The question arose (naturally) about him needing a QB, etc.
One of the analysts reminded the table that this wasn't a SB contending team he inherited. The other said he believes teams need a few years in this kind of a situation.
Overall, it was surprisingly positive. Most people who have spoken with McD seem to come away very impressed.

Yep and they said, it will take 3-4 years to finish. So the McD is history soon lol.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:53 AM   #20
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Quote:
Tomorrow will tell alot.
If he follows up blowing last year's high picks with blowing this year's high picks, the heat will be on.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:57 AM   #21
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
If he follows up blowing last year's high picks with blowing this year's high picks, the heat will be on.
I am hoping they get their guys on their board and the team concept sticks. It would suck to have to look for a new HC in a year or 2 and then go through this upheaval again.

Go Broncos!
Old 04-21-2010, 12:06 PM   #22
yerner
Ring of Famer

Again, it all sounds great. Problem is that the team needs more talent and I don't think it's always that easy to aquire.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:40 PM   #23
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Sewell View Post
where is it?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:17 PM   #24
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
Luckily, we only have one pick after all these trades.

Everybody want to move down this year. Too bad we scewed the pooch last year instead of waiting till the coaching staff was set.

Der Furher set the table again, fining Roth over 1 million and the Rooneys 200k for someone not even indicted (case closed), yet alone had cops watching the bathroom door.

I'm fine with equal protection under the law, whatever that means anymore I dunno.

All I know Is he faces nothing.

Meanwhile, Reggie Bush settles out of court and get zilch.

Bt whatever, call me sared of some rookie coach because I'm scared of change.

You were'nt here when I was calling for Wade the puppy-lap dog to be fired.

I'm not defending Big Ben, but it's not like he dragged some girl off a jogging path.

After all this house cleaning, both in players and coaches, we only have 6 draft picks, and only 3 in the first 2 rounds.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:23 PM   #25
orinjkrush

Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermock View Post
Luckily, we only have one pick after all these trades.

Everybody want to move down this year. Too bad we scewed the pooch last year instead of waiting till the coaching staff was set.

Der Furher set the table again, fining Roth over 1 million and the Rooneys 200k for someone not even indicted (case closed), yet alone had cops watching the bathroom door.

I'm fine with equal protection under the law, whatever that means anymore I dunno.

All I know Is he faces nothing.

Meanwhile, Reggie Bush settles out of court and get zilch.

Bt whatever, call me sared of some rookie coach because I'm scared of change.

You were'nt here when I was calling for Wade the puppy-lap dog to be fired.

I'm not defending Big Ben, but it's not like he dragged some girl off a jogging path.

After all this house cleaning, both in players and coaches, we only have 6 draft picks, and only 3 in the first 2 rounds.
ya know, after last year's draft, I too expect a bizarrro world.
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote