The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2010, 05:12 AM   #1
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers
Default Peter King-Colt McCoy QB of the Future?

2. Josh McDaniels, coach, Denver.

He's traded Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall and Tony Scheffler in his first 15 months on the job. He and GM Brian Xanders have the 11th, 43rd and 45th picks to start the replenishment, and I expect them to at least take a quarterback by pick 45 to compete with Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn. It's all well and good for McDaniels to have his own program and to be making decisions to get a bunch of his own guys in there. But if this year ends without a quarterback of the future in place in Denver, and the Broncos hired McDaniels thinking at the very least he'd run a great passing game, well, the fans (and the owner) are going to be pretty disappointed.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...html?eref=sihp

Yesterday I was thinking he meant Tebow which I was pretty bummed about, he just is such a long term project, I am not real high on Tebow.

And then this twitter comment today...

SI_PeterKing RT @RichardHall36: Where do you see Colt Mccoy going? ... Cle or Den in round 2 is my guess.
19 minutes ago via TweetDeck
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2010, 05:17 AM   #2
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

If they pick Colt McCoy in the second, they will certifiably show everyone they don't know what they're doing. Pretty sad when you come in second behind the Rams on that list.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:22 AM   #3
SoDak Bronco

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Why whats wrong with McCoy? I would love him over Tebow, and several experts have him rated as the best QB in the draft.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:37 AM   #4
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Drawing a lot of comps to Drew Brees. I think he'd be just fine. Still would prefer Tebow as a project... but two major holding points. One, he would take a first round pick... which I do not favor. Second, as someone else mentioned in another thread, it devalues Ryan Clady as a Left Tackle.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:38 AM   #5
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

No need to expend any energy discussing Peter King's fat twat, and we get to see for ourselves starting tomorrow night.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:44 AM   #6
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

I think someone else will draft him before 43, but if McCoy is there in the third, take him.

The team has too many other needs that need to be addressed with their first 3 picks.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:44 AM   #7
RocBronc
Pro Bowler

Colt McCoy doesn't have the arm strength Brees does. I for one will be pretty unhappy if we take McCoy in the 2nd... We have to many other needs and at our pick I think McCoy is a reach. Sure he was successful at Texas but he was surrounded with lots of talent and ran a system that he won't be running in the pros so I'm just not that high on him (or Tebow).
RocBronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:50 AM   #8
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocBronc View Post
Colt McCoy doesn't have the arm strength Brees does. I for one will be pretty unhappy if we take McCoy in the 2nd... We have to many other needs and at our pick I think McCoy is a reach. Sure he was successful at Texas but he was surrounded with lots of talent and ran a system that he won't be running in the pros so I'm just not that high on him (or Tebow).
Not true at all. Drew Brees coming out of Purdue was not known as a "strong armed" QB. They are very similar arm strength wise.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:55 AM   #9
SoDak Bronco

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

I don't know that I can post it as a link but if you goto ESPN Radio, Collin Cowherd had Trent Dilfer on yesterday and he talks about all the QB's, and is really high on McCoy. It sounds like he also really impressed Gruden who is a QB guru.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:56 AM   #10
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I would love to see a QB picked early. I don't know if McCoy will be good but at least it would show McDaniels doesn't actually think Orton and Quinn are the future.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:59 AM   #11
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

I do wonder why we would take a QB in the first two rounds though. You would think that after making a move for Brady Quinn, McD would be comfortable with the three QBs currently set to compete for 1, 2, and 3. Perhaps he wants to draft a hand picked guy and bring him up the ranks.

I would prefer we grabbed a guy like Snead, Lefevour, or Skelton in the 3-5 rounds, but I'll trust McD on this one.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:01 AM   #12
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco View Post
I don't know that I can post it as a link but if you goto ESPN Radio, Collin Cowherd had Trent Dilfer on yesterday and he talks about all the QB's, and is really high on McCoy. It sounds like he also really impressed Gruden who is a QB guru.
I have been enjoying Gruden's one on one breakdown sessions with the QBs. I didn't get to see but the end of McCoy's. I did see Tebow's and Clausen's. Pretty fun to watch and Chucky gives them the cold hearted truth.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:02 AM   #13
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

I think McCoy is similar to Plummer and not Brees.....well a more intelligent version of Plummer.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:14 AM   #14
meangene
Ring of Famer

I'm not a big fan of taking a QB in the first two rounds unless we trade back and pick up an extra second. Even then, I would prefer Tebow over McCoy. I just don't see McCoy as anything more than a solid backup. Tebow is growing on me - love the attitude, work ethic, etc.
meangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:34 AM   #15
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

We won't take a QB. We already have 3 of them. Why get rid of Brandstater? This is attempt to get McCoy press.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:39 AM   #16
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

I have no problem with McCoy in the second round. Once again, I don't care about "all the talent around him," the kid is a winner. He is smart (good character), great footwork, great mechanics, and a hard worker.

As long as we get the O-line help we need, I can't see why this would be a "bad value." We could land a guy like Bulaga in the first, or a guy like John Jerry in the second to play guard. There will definitely be good Center prospects into round 3 (Tennant or Walton).

If we do draft McCoy in the second, Kyle Orton better start making plans for his new team in 2011.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:42 AM   #17
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
i have no problem with mccoy in the second round. Once again, i don't care about "all the talent around him," the kid is a winner. He is smart (good character), great footwork, great mechanics, and a hard worker.

As long as we get the o-line help we need, i can't see why this would be a "bad value." we could land a guy like bulaga in the first, or a guy like john jerry in the second to play guard. There will definitely be good center prospects into round 3 (tennant or walton).

If we do draft mccoy in the second, kyle orton better start making plans for his new team in 2011.
agree
Old 04-21-2010, 06:48 AM   #18
no-pseudo-fan
True Orange & Blue

Follow me...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hidalgo

I prefer Tebow over McCoy. Tebow works harder, is taller, and is plain tougher than McCoy. I don't like Tebow being left handed, but maybe he can work on that too.
no-pseudo-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:51 AM   #19
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-pseudo-fan View Post
I prefer Tebow over McCoy. Tebow works harder, is taller, and is plain tougher than McCoy. I don't like Tebow being left handed, but maybe he can work on that too.
Hey, I guess if Plummer can throw it left handed, Tebow can throw it right handed. Worked well for us before...
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:29 AM   #20
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I like McCoy more than Tebow. Works for me.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:32 AM   #21
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer

In Manning We Trust......

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

would rather see DuCasse and Benn or D. Thomas in round 2.
ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:49 AM   #22
SoonerBronco
Rocket Man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wahoo McDaniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-pseudo-fan View Post

Im an OU fan, so when I say that McCoy is a hard worker and a tough kid, I mean it. That kid is as tough as nails and a fierce competitor, just because he doesn't get as animated as Tebow doesn't mean he isnt tough or doesn't work harder. I would say that last year more than any year at UT, he had more young, inexperienced talent and still, willed his team to several victories. He might be Jake Plummer without the attitude or mountain man complex.
SoonerBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:13 AM   #23
Bleed n Orange
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

would love McCoy, seems like a winner and I like how mobile he is, can run if nothing is there and is very accurate in the short passing game which is a fit for us. Not down on Tebow just higher on McCoy
Bleed n Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:14 AM   #24
Sodak
Clueless...

Who stole my avatar?

If they take a QB, do they keep four on the roster?
Sodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:27 AM   #25
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodak View Post
If they take a QB, do they keep four on the roster?
I'm pretty sure we could try putting Branstater on the practice squad. The QB we draft this year could end up there as well if it isn't a real early pick. My choice would be to jusŪ dump Orton.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote