The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2010, 10:40 AM   #1
titan
Ring of Famer

Fan of Old School Football

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default ex-bronco, rockies president keli mcgregor found dead

Colorado Rockies Team President Keli McGregor found dead in Utah http://sbnation.com/e/1196780

Keli McGregor, 17 year member of the Colorado Rockies organization was found dead in his hotel room in Salt Lake City, Utah. He was 48.

SLC Detectives are reporting that nothing seemed suspicious. The Salt Lake City Medical Examiner's office will determine a cause of death. Initial investigation suggests natural causes.

Keli was a very important part of the Rockies organization during his tenure, and was most assuredly part of where the team is today.

Keli played football for CSU, was drafted by the Broncos, and also played with Indianapolis and Seattle.
titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2010, 10:42 AM   #2
titan
Ring of Famer

Fan of Old School Football

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

This is very sad. While I wondered in the past how Keli McGregor, as an ex-football player, could get to such a high position with the Rockies, he was truly a nice guy who cared deeply about the team and the fans. I wrote a letter once to the rockies about having the team open at home instead of on the road every year - I received a personal call from Keli explaining their reasoning and thanking me for my input. I've also heard Keli speak several times and he had an innocent, trusting quality to him about the ownership and how they wanted to bring a World Series championship to Colorado. I always kind of snickered at this, but then 2007 happened and I realized maybe Keli wasn't so off base after all.

Keli McGregor in one talk I heard said he had a bottle of champagne in his office that he would only open after the Rockies were World Series Champions. Keli will never get to open that bottle. Baseball needs more "good guys" like Keli McGregor. Rest in peace.
titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:35 AM   #3
GoBroncos84
Perennial Pro-bowler

Crucify the Ego

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I work a couple of minutes from this hotel, it's all over the news. Very sad
GoBroncos84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:37 AM   #4
Dendave
Ring of Famer