The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2010, 11:23 AM   #1
bronco0608
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Pete Prisco says the Broncos love Brandon Graham

I got this off a video when looking at draft prospects on cbssportsline. I forgot what player it was. I clicked on the video to watch the prospects highlights and instead of the video of the player, this interview pops up with Pete Prisco discussing the Brandon Marshall trade. In essence he said the Broncos love Brandon Graham and he expects them to take him. Anybody else see the video?

Like most posters here, I can see McD trading down because he has been hyping up the players available at 11 such as Mclain and Bryant. Like he is trying to get some team to move up and get that pick.

Now, the question is, doesn't Brandon Graham repeat Robert Ayers from last season? If we did go that route, is it because Ayers is a bust, or Graham is too good to pass up?

So here is the question to you. Let's say your scouts say Brandon Graham is going to be the next great pass rusher in the NFL. They feel it in thier bones. He has the tenacity of Elvis Dummervil, but only bigger. His stats over the past two seasons at Michigan show 46 tackles for loss and 21 sacks, which backs up what you already believe: the guy is a difference maker on the field. Do you take him or ride out Ayers?
bronco0608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2010, 11:25 AM   #2
bronco0608
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

"Brandon Graham has one of the best motors in this draft," said NFL Network analyst Mike Maycock.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:26 AM   #3
yerner
Ring of Famer

I don't think Brandon Graham on the Broncos means anything other than they want to get another pass rusher. Steelers get these kind of players alot. It's a valued position in the defense and they all can be used at some point. My opinion of course.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:26 AM   #4
bronco0608
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Graham, at 6-foot-1, 268 pounds, is smaller than the prototype NFL defensive end but Graham is expected to be a first-round NFL draft pick.

Graham had a rough time at the NFL combine when he ran a 4.7 40 dash and he pulled a hamstring on the run. His best time in the 40 was a 4.5.

One of Graham's strengths is his play against quality opponents in his senior season. Against No. 7-ranked Iowa he had 3.5 tackles for a loss and two sacks; against No. 9 Penn State, he had 3.5 tackles for a loss and a half-sack; against No. 16 Wisconsin he had 4 tackles for a loss, 11 total tackles and two sacks and against No. 5 Ohio State, he had 5 tackles for a loss and two sacks.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1428-Michi...NFL-draft-pick
Old 04-19-2010, 11:27 AM   #5
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

I couldn't see it. Ayers could move back to end, I suppose. But, it seems unlikely.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:28 AM   #6
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

You can never have enough pass rushers.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:28 AM   #7
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Keep that money for Dumervil's payday.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:29 AM   #8
bronco0608
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Many of the teams called trying to verify Graham's stories. No problem there -- scouts called Graham "squeaky clean," according to Oden.

"They talked to the principal, the counselors, and the teachers. 'They all speak so highly of him. How does a kid plays that level of football and never get in trouble?' He's just a very likeable guy," Oden said.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:29 AM   #9
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
I don't think Brandon Graham on the Broncos means anything other than they want to get another pass rusher. Steelers get these kind of players alot. It's a valued position in the defense and they all can be used at some point. My opinion of course.
That's a fair point, actually.... and you'd never hear me complain about stockpiling front 7 talent.

Still, can we stockpile there with such big needs on the OL? Seems like a stretch.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:31 AM   #10
bronco0608
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Countdown to draft: Brandon Graham wants to be Ray Lewis

"I would like to be just like him on the football field," Graham said. "I want to be feared, where I put pressure on the linemen and make them a little intimidated to block me."
Old 04-19-2010, 11:31 AM   #11
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

I wouldnt mind graham. I think he's gonna be a player
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:31 AM   #12
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

I would have no problem drafting Brandon Graham because he will be an impact player.

I've seen every college game he has played in and he brings it all damn day.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:32 AM   #13
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Works for me. Not the greatest need, but good pass rushers are always great to have.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:32 AM   #14
bronco0608
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The Lions staff loved what they saw from Graham coaching him at the Senior Bowl in January. Graham, who played linebacker before college, earned defensive MVP honors, but it was his work all week in practice that had scouts raving, cementing his status as a first-round pick.
"He shows up with a smile on his face and he's a competitor," Lions defensive line coach Kris Kocurek said. "He loves to compete, he runs to the football. And the main thing about the kid is he loves football. You can tell. Every snap, every practice, he's always got a great attitude."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detnews.com/article/20100416/SPORTS0101/4160344/1126/sports/There-s-a-lot-to-love-about-U-M-s-Brandon-Graham#ixzz0lZYAbI7C
Old 04-19-2010, 11:35 AM   #15
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

I like Graham the player but I have a hard time figuring out how he would fit into our defense

Doom is a premiere pass rusher, and Ayers is a first round pick that still has to be developed

That seems to be a lot of coin tied up into one position since they all cant be on the field at the same time
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:36 AM   #16
bronco0608
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

VI: When finished playing football, what do you hope others say about your career?

BG: That coaches and players could trust and believe in me, that I was playing for everybody else. I want to be known as the ultimate team player, that no matter how many plays I was making, that I always did what I could to help us win the game.

VI: What will you do with your first big NFL paycheck?

BG: I would like to get a nice condo for Mom so she can live near me, wherever I play. I'm close to her, and that would give her a chance to keep seeing me play. We've been in Michigan all the time, so I wouldn't mind somewhere different.

VI: As a pass rusher, what are your greatest assets?

BG: My hands are my biggest assets. They are what allow me to move the tackle or other blocker out of the way. My footwork and speed are good, but you can win a lot of battles just with your handwork. I would say my favorite pass-rush move is the double-hand swipe. Once you get inside a tackle and get your hands past his chest, it's over.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:36 AM   #17
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
That's a fair point, actually.... and you'd never hear me complain about stockpiling front 7 talent.

Still, can we stockpile there with such big needs on the OL? Seems like a stretch.
I don't know. Why not get another pass rusher, who by the way, was outstanding and dominant in his senior game, then take a couple olineman in the second round. That's a pretty good plan.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:41 AM   #18
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

using the same logic for Moreno and CJ Spiller, yeah I would be fine with the pick.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:49 AM   #19
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

I cant beleeve tht just McDumphead draftid ANOTHER pass rusher. Righting is on the wall for Doomb.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:52 AM   #20
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I like Graham dude is a beast 1 on 1, he absolutely ragdolled most tackles at the senior bowl. I think Graham would be a solid player especially in run situations, it would create a nice rotation with Graham, Ayers and Dumervil, however I would prefer a DL in the 1st.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:58 AM   #21
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMan-Goblin View Post
You can never have enough pass rushers.
this
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:59 AM   #22
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

I like Graham as well, and think he will be a great player in the NFL. The real question is, what is happening to Ayers & Haggan?

Maybe Martindale has something in mind that we just don't see.

Anyway, Graham will be a first round pick, and 11 seems a little high so.... It would seem that only a trade down would make this possible.

At this point, i'm still hoping for Bulaga or Trent Williams to drop to #11 so we can beef up the O-line.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:59 AM   #23
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
I like Graham the player but I have a hard time figuring out how he would fit into our defense

Doom is a premiere pass rusher, and Ayers is a first round pick that still has to be developed

That seems to be a lot of coin tied up into one position since they all cant be on the field at the same time
I would rather have an ILB than another pass rushing OLB but If it means that Haggan and Woodyard are depth backups then I am for it.

Plus wasn't there talk after the season that they might move Ayers inside?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:01 PM   #24
Ziggy
Pro Bowler

Noob

Doom is a great pass rusher, but he's a liability against the run. I wonder if drafting Graham would mean using Doom as a situational pass rusher again. We can't assume that Graham would take Ayers spot. The Broncos have said that they need to get bigger, tougher, stronger. We could go with Ayers and Graham on obvious rushing downs, and bring Doom in for pass rushing situations.
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:02 PM   #25
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Ayers will never play end in a 3-4 defense IMO. If we use our 1st pick on another potential midget 3-4 OLB I might just need a new TV set.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote