The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2010, 09:20 PM   #1
Soul-Bronco
Broncos 4 Life ! ! !
 
Soul-Bronco's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 498

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Tebows 2nd visit?

Draft
Source: Tebow to visit Broncos on Monday Posted: April 18th, 2010 | NFL.com Staff | Tags: Denver Broncos, Josh McDaniels, Tim Tebow

Florida quarterback Tim Tebow will work out personally for Denver Broncos coach Josh McDaniels and general manager Brian Xanders on Monday, a team source tells NFL.com.

Among the teams Tebow has already visited are the Redskins, Bills, Seahawks, Patriots and, most recently, the Browns.


http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/04/18/sour...roncos-monday/


saw this on DB.com is this really tebows 2nd visit?
Soul-Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2010, 09:22 PM   #2
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,002

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

It would be a worthwhile investment in Round 3 or so. There's a ton of talent there that can be developed over time. Props to Josh and the FO if they make the leap.
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:27 PM   #3
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
It would be a worthwhile investment in Round 3 or so. There's a ton of talent there that can be developed over time. Props to Josh and the FO if they make the leap.
Good call. 3rd round or even late 2nd I would be OK with. That way you can try to make him into a QB but also experiment with him at other positions (I think he could be an excellent h-back) a la Kordell Stewart. Difference is Tebow I think is willing to switch for good if a coach asks him to, where as Kordell would not.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:30 PM   #4
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,002

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Good call. 3rd round or even late 2nd I would be OK with. That way you can try to make him into a QB but also experiment with him at other positions (I think he could be an excellent h-back) a la Kordell Stewart. Difference is Tebow I think is willing to switch for good if a coach asks him to, where as Kordell would not.
To be honest...I would love to have Jake Locker next year....that's my favorite prospect...I'm upset he didn't come out this year, because there's no way we'll get him next year. But I appreciate and recognize Tebow's massive physical talent. I'm impressed by his drive and determination to get better, too. He's a winner. He's not just a runner. Back in HS, he set state records in passing. he was a Florida Mr. Football. They developed him very poorly at UF as a pure passer, but he's got the skill. It'll take two years, but I think the finished product will be a monster....esp with Tim's work ethic.
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:33 PM   #5
Elway777
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,886
Default

I think the broncos could trade down with Eagles for 24 and 36 picks and take Tebow either at 24 or 36.
I could also see them taken Dez Bryant then trading 43 pick and 3 rounder with Scheffler to move up in second to take Tebow.
I personally don't think Tebow makes it pass Minnesota so would have to use 24 pick on Him.
Elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:33 PM   #6
Soul-Bronco
Broncos 4 Life ! ! !
 
Soul-Bronco's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 498

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
To be honest...I would love to have Jake Locker next year....that's my favorite prospect...I'm upset he didn't come out this year, because there's no way we'll get him next year. But I appreciate and recognize Tebow's massive physical talent. I'm impressed by his drive and determination to get better, too. He's a winner. He's not just a runner. Back in HS, he set state records in passing. he was a Florida Mr. Football. They developed him very poorly at UF as a pure passer, but he's got the skill. It'll take two years, but I think the finished product will be a monster....esp with Tim's work ethic.
Living in miami and being a UM fan i have had to watch tebow dominate 99% of the teams he played. As much as i hate the gators he is a ball player and most important A WINNER. wins big games, motivates his team and if Mcd could bring up matt cassel, he could help tebow alot
Soul-Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:35 PM   #7
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
To be honest...I would love to have Jake Locker next year....that's my favorite prospect...I'm upset he didn't come out this year, because there's no way we'll get him next year. But I appreciate and recognize Tebow's massive physical talent. I'm impressed by his drive and determination to get better, too. He's a winner. He's not just a runner. Back in HS, he set state records in passing. he was a Florida Mr. Football. They developed him very poorly at UF as a pure passer, but he's got the skill. It'll take two years, but I think the finished product will be a monster....esp with Tim's work ethic.
That's what I like about Tim, too...his work ethic. I don't know if you saw on NFL Network his work with Gruden, but Gruden was very impressed with how much Tebow responded and improved with coaching. I'm more than willing to give him a shot in the 2nd or 3rd. If he washes out as a Qb, you can try him as an h-back or full-back and likely get a quality player.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:40 PM   #8
montrose
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 6,079

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway
Default

The future...
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:41 PM   #9
Broncoman13
Broncoholic
 
Broncoman13's Avatar
 
JT #80

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Colorado
Posts: 16,958

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius
Default

This is bad news. Tebow will be drafted in the first round. If the Broncos are truly interested, it is at #11!!! Hopefully this is a bit of gamesmanship from McD to try and get someone to either take him in front of us, or pursuade a team to move up to 11. Remember McD is fine with taking a player that other teams cover, I believe that was the case with Moreno, who was on his way to San Diego otherwise.

I like Tebow a lot and wouldn't mind him had we not just acquired Quinn and having Orton makes it a position that wouldn't make a lot of sense. So hopefully this is games we are playing. Could very well be the Jags we are messing with. They could be high on McClain as well as Tebow. In terms of selling tix, Jax would be very wise to draft Tebow, even in the top 10. McD showing interest prevents them from trading down and allowing someone like the Giants to leapfrog Denver for McClain. If the Jags don't think they can move down a few spots (15), they may feel pressure to just draft him at 10.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:02 PM   #10
Elway777
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
This is bad news. Tebow will be drafted in the first round. If the Broncos are truly interested, it is at #11!!! Hopefully this is a bit of gamesmanship from McD to try and get someone to either take him in front of us, or pursuade a team to move up to 11. Remember McD is fine with taking a player that other teams cover, I believe that was the case with Moreno, who was on his way to San Diego otherwise.

I like Tebow a lot and wouldn't mind him had we not just acquired Quinn and having Orton makes it a position that wouldn't make a lot of sense. So hopefully this is games we are playing. Could very well be the Jags we are messing with. They could be high on McClain as well as Tebow. In terms of selling tix, Jax would be very wise to draft Tebow, even in the top 10. McD showing interest prevents them from trading down and allowing someone like the Giants to leapfrog Denver for McClain. If the Jags don't think they can move down a few spots (15), they may feel pressure to just draft him at 10.
I think the Broncos are serious looking at Tebow but not with 11 pick. I think they like him with one of their seconds or trading back in the first to get him. I think if they pick at 11 then it will be McClain or Bryant or even Pouncey.
Elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:14 PM   #11
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 18,435

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

I'd be surprised if Tebow doesnt go in round one at this point.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:18 PM   #12
Swedish Extrovert
President of the Universe
 
Swedish Extrovert's Avatar
 
Formerly known as mightysmurf

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Highlands Ranch
Posts: 15,945

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton
Default

It's going to be hard for me to cheer for Tebow if the Broncos draft him. I really don't like that d-bag.
Swedish Extrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:21 PM   #13
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in a bunker
Posts: 56,891

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas
Default

What I don't get is if McD/X wanted Tebow than why did they trade for Quinn
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:39 PM   #14
*WARHORSE*
GNASHING OF TEETH
 
*WARHORSE*'s Avatar
 
Let the heads roll.........

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Kailua, Hawaii
Posts: 586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lombardi III
Default

This is a ploy to get someone to take Tebow............maybe.
*WARHORSE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:41 PM   #15
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,975

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Watching John Gruden's QB show on ESPN, I wouldn't be annoyed with taking him with a 3rd 2nd round pick if we trade back in the 1st, I just don't see it though. Why trade for Quinn if we are gonna take another QB?
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:47 PM   #16
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,002

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmar View Post
Watching John Gruden's QB show on ESPN, I wouldn't be annoyed with taking him with a 3rd 2nd round pick if we trade back in the 1st, I just don't see it though. Why trade for Quinn if we are gonna take another QB?
Perhaps they were simply trying to get some depth in there with Quinn. Given that they were going to dump Simms and given that the Browns were asking for very little (relatively speaking), it's not an irrational move. I have a hard time believing that they thought Quinn was the answer or the guy they view as the long term leader. It's more likely they just thought he's a guy they can work with and at least have as a decent backup. If that's correct, then it shouldn't surprise anyone that the team is interested in Tebow (or any other QB in the draft for that matter). McD and McCoy know that no one on our roster at that spot scares anyone in this league. Eventually, they are going to have to find a long term answer.
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:51 PM   #17
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,376
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *WARHORSE* View Post
This is a ploy to get someone to take Tebow............maybe.

Smokescreen to create another smokescreen to take him.


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:55 PM   #18
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,827
Default

It's a little odd.

Tebow is going to go late enough (I'd think) that we'd have no need to drum up any sort of fake interest in the guy. It's not as if the Jaguars are going to like him in the 2nd round better because we had him visit twice.

Now, if we're talking about a top 3-5 pick, I surely believe in the smoke-screen business. But, I don't know... I sort of have to assume there is some kind of genuine interest on some level, even if we're just preparing in case he slides to us at some point.

Somewhat confusing. Hard to imagine McDaniels needing another "project" type guy.

He's done well with Orton, will probably make a respectable QB out of Quinn, but he's still got TB to work on. Does he really want another guy he's got to completely change?
I'd think if he's going to grab a QB, he'd want a guy who looks to fit our systme, and has good mechanics already.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:58 PM   #19
OCBronco
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 256

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

I think Tebow could be interesting in the second round. While you're waiting for him to develop, you can use him in the Wildcat, and near the goal line quite a bit. The dude is a load to bring down, and knows how to score. So you give him 7 snaps a game in certain situations, he could be really interesting. If anyone is creative enough to find ways of using his existing strengths, I think McD could do it, no problem. Who knows, maybe our offense would look a bit more like Florida's at times next year.
OCBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:59 PM   #20
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in a bunker
Posts: 56,891

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas
Default

Unless McD thinks he can turn Tebow into the next Tom Brady, who knows.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:00 PM   #21
Finger Roll
Ring of Famer
 
Finger Roll's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,536
Default

true. If a guy is projected to go in the second round what's the point of a smoke screen.
Finger Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:03 PM   #22
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,975

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Just don't take Clausen ever. No no no. Cannot stand the kid.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:32 PM   #23
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 37,014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCBronco View Post
I think Tebow could be interesting in the second round. While you're waiting for him to develop, you can use him in the Wildcat, and near the goal line quite a bit. The dude is a load to bring down, and knows how to score. So you give him 7 snaps a game in certain situations, he could be really interesting. If anyone is creative enough to find ways of using his existing strengths, I think McD could do it, no problem. Who knows, maybe our offense would look a bit more like Florida's at times next year.
I hadnt really thought about it that way, but you kind of convinced me there.

I wasnt a big fan after he beat my Sooners in the championship, but he won my respect. The kid has a fireball competitive spirit. He took that game over late in the fourth and beat an exceptional Sam Bradford-led Sooners team with it all on the line.

I watched the Gruden "QB camp" (or whatever) thing on Tebow, and you could tell that Gruden liked what he was doing. I think that Tebow will make it. I wouldnt mind it at all if he wore the cyberhorse.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:42 PM   #24
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 7,884
Default

I hope it doesn't happen (No offense to Tebow) but, we have too many other holes to add another project at qb but, who knows what FO will do.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 04-18-2010 at 11:45 PM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:43 PM   #25
uplink
Ring of Famer
 
uplink's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Roll View Post
true. If a guy is projected to go in the second round what's the point of a smoke screen.
Watching some of the sports shows it seems like a number of teams are thinking of Tebow in the 1st round, even before #11. In the past when a player got this kind of buzz he usually did indeed get drafted higher than expected.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:26 PM.


Denver Broncos