The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2010, 05:56 PM   #1
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default Moving to Denver (search function not working)

I tried searching on two browsers and just a blank page.

I am moving from Boulder to Denver in the next month, hoping to rent a house for a year before we know if we are settling or not. $1000 - $1200 per month range, I know renting is throwing money away but not in a position to buy yet.

What are good areas? Do NOT want to end up in the ghetto.

Job is near the Children's Hospital (wife's, I am looking!)

I know there was a thread recently but the damn search doesn't seem to work.

Thanks for any help.

Oh, I passed my driving test for anyone who was involved in my last advice thread!
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2010, 07:28 PM   #2
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Maybe I'll try again in the morning.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:35 PM   #3
521 1N5
Perennial Pro-bowler
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 968
Default

Stay out of Aurora, North Federal Blvd, Commerce City And 5 points. Look around Wash Park, Cherry Creek, and cities to the South such as Highlands Ranch, Lone Tree and SW (Parts of) Littleton and Englewood. Some parts of Arvada are nice too! Good Luck!!
521 1N5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:27 PM   #4
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Gonna bump this tonight and once tomorrow. If anyone could link the recent thread, that would be great.

Thanks for the advice 521 1N5.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:23 AM   #5
ak1971
uhhhh
 
ak1971's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmar View Post
I tried searching on two browsers and just a blank page.

I am moving from Boulder to Denver in the next month, hoping to rent a house for a year before we know if we are settling or not. $1000 - $1200 per month range, I know renting is throwing money away but not in a position to buy yet.

What are good areas? Do NOT want to end up in the ghetto.

Job is near the Children's Hospital (wife's, I am looking!)

I know there was a thread recently but the damn search doesn't seem to work.

Thanks for any help.

Oh, I passed my driving test for anyone who was involved in my last advice thread!

Stuff around Children's Hospital is pretty rough . Especially to the West of Fitzsimmons. (although it seems like they are trying to clean up Colfax in front of the old Fitz.) The east side is okay, but seems to be going downhill too. If you are considering Aurora, I would stay south of Mississippi.

Children's Hospital is pretty accessible from anywhere with I-225 coming in to Colfax.
ak1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:39 AM   #6
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer
 
Irish Stout's Avatar
 
Run for it Marty!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,957

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard
Default

Here's the link to the thread I started:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=90113

Are you looking to avoid the commute from Boulder to Denver? What kind of driving time to work are you looking for?
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:41 AM   #7
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,573

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 521 1N5 View Post
Stay out of Aurora, North Federal Blvd, Commerce City And 5 points. Look around Wash Park, Cherry Creek, and cities to the South such as Highlands Ranch, Lone Tree and SW (Parts of) Littleton and Englewood. Some parts of Arvada are nice too! Good Luck!!
BS

some parts of Aurora are very nice, I have grown up here and live here now and have never had an issue

there are parts that suck for sure, but if you stay southeast you are fine
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:50 AM   #8
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish McStout View Post
Here's the link to the thread I started:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=90113

Are you looking to avoid the commute from Boulder to Denver? What kind of driving time to work are you looking for?
Thanks man. Not looking to avoid a commute, Boulder is expensive as hell but we were here while the lady finished her Phd. Now she has a job we want to live in denver, so we can go out, see a show or a game, get nice and drunk and cab it/ light rail it home and what not.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:27 AM   #9
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

What about near City park? Saw a nice place my price range, nice tree lined street.

Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:39 AM   #10
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!
 
TailgateNut's Avatar
 
.......as much as tebonites

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Mile High
Posts: 20,160

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmar View Post
What about near City park? Saw a nice place my price range, nice tree lined street.


That area can be hit of miss.

Here's a suggestion. You live in Boulder. Correct?

Get in your car a drive around and look at the areas on weeknights and the weekend. It's give you a better understanding of the neighborhood or HOOD!
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:51 AM   #11
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,397

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmar View Post
What about near City park? Saw a nice place my price range, nice tree lined street.

Whoo boy, you better go sit in your car on that street all night long and see what goes on at night before you commit. That was my neighborhood growing up. There's worse neighborhoods no doubt about it, but I seriously recommend you go park there overnight before you commit.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:01 AM   #12
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,397

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailgateNut View Post
That area can be hit of miss.

Here's a suggestion. You live in Boulder. Correct?

Get in your car a drive around and look at the areas on weeknights and the weekend. It's give you a better understanding of the neighborhood or HOOD!
TGN didn't go far enough, you've seen my last post - spend the night there.

Actually, it's a good idea to park on any street at night you're thinking about moving to (especially on the weekends) to see how much noise/activity you'll have to deal with.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:34 AM   #13
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!
 
TailgateNut's Avatar
 
.......as much as tebonites

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Mile High
Posts: 20,160

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Whoo boy, you better go sit in your car on that street all night long and see what goes on at night before you commit. That was my neighborhood growing up. There's worse neighborhoods no doubt about it, but I seriously recommend you go park there overnight before you commit.
Or NOT!
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:52 AM   #14
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,575

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Whoo boy, you better go sit in your car on that street all night long and see what goes on at night before you commit. That was my neighborhood growing up. There's worse neighborhoods no doubt about it, but I seriously recommend you go park there overnight before you commit.
Plus it would be kick ass to rent a white van with tinted windows and get some walkie talkies and big assed zoom lenses.

I would buy a sticker that reads "If the van is a rocking, don't come a knocking"
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:52 AM   #15
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

The specific street looks quiet, but I know there are some dodgy areas close by.

I would like to live somewhere not too far out, but not in the ghetto!

Where do you guys live (without getting too personal!)
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:56 AM   #16
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

This is so damned complicated...
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:01 PM   #17
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,575

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmar View Post
This is so damned complicated...
That is why they still make the Magic 8 ball.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:01 PM   #18
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,397

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailgateNut View Post
Or NOT!
Up towards Congress Park, that's a good neigborhood. But I knew some nasty bastards that lived there back in the day. I moved on from that long ago. I don't like the sound of sirens and helicopters, I'm a rural kind of guy.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:02 PM   #19
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46,932

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 521 1N5 View Post
Stay out of Aurora, North Federal Blvd, Commerce City And 5 points. Look around Wash Park, Cherry Creek, and cities to the South such as Highlands Ranch, Lone Tree and SW (Parts of) Littleton and Englewood. Some parts of Arvada are nice too! Good Luck!!
South East Aurora is great
5 Points is still a little slum like, but it's getting better everyday.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:03 PM   #20
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46,932

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailgateNut View Post
That area can be hit of miss.

Here's a suggestion. You live in Boulder. Correct?

Get in your car a drive around and look at the areas on weeknights and the weekend. It's give you a better understanding of the neighborhood or HOOD!
This
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:10 PM   #21
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

I plan on doing that, but we are very very pressed for time right now. This job offer came as a surprise, our lease is nearly up and I have been looking for jobs in the wrong place!

Someone needs to publish a Denver map, and color it.

Gold- Good for rich folks
Blue - good for young families
Green - Good for young professionals
Yellow- Good for students
Pink - Good for getting crack and or shot.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:10 PM   #22
seanpgk
Rookie
 

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Capitol Hill
Posts: 66

Adopt-a-Bronco:
EVP John Elway
Default

I've lived in Capitol Hill for 10+ years, but if I were to move it would be to the Highlands or the LoHi neighborhood (north of Mile High). Great areas and still close to downtown.
seanpgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:11 PM   #23
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!
 
TailgateNut's Avatar
 
.......as much as tebonites

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Mile High
Posts: 20,160

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Plus it would be kick ass to rent a white van with tinted windows and get some walkie talkies and big assed zoom lenses.

I would buy a sticker that reads "If the van is a rocking, don't come a knocking"

A sticker which reads "DEA" would work better in that neighborhood.
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:13 PM   #24
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Lakeside/Wheatridge area is nice? Or not?
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:16 PM   #25
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!
 
TailgateNut's Avatar
 
.......as much as tebonites

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Mile High
Posts: 20,160

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmar View Post
The specific street looks quiet, but I know there are some dodgy areas close by.

I would like to live somewhere not too far out, but not in the ghetto!

Where do you guys live (without getting too personal!)

In the Ghetto.

I live in Westminster which has nice areas and areas which are being infested.
Sadly the area I moved to 16yrs ago is slowly going "down-hill" but right now is not a sellers market.
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:17 AM.


Denver Broncos