The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2010, 08:25 AM   #1
yerner
Ring of Famer

Default Ben Tate, Rb, Auburn

Came across this blurb in ESPN Magazine. Thought it was interesting. This guy is faster than Ryan Mathews and stronger. 26 reps is unreal. Could be a great sleeper. Anybody watch him play alot?

"Hats off to Ben Tate (Rb, Auburn) who may just be the best running back in this year's draft. At the NFL combine, he put up a 114.2 'speed score,' which adjusts a player's 40 time for weight (he's 5'11 and 220lbs). That's better than projected first-rounders Ryan Mathews (111.2), Jahvid Best (111.2), and C.J. Spiller (107.5). The Titan's Chris Johnson had the best speed score in 2008's deep running back class, so stat geeks may be onto something. Ben Tate logged 3,321 career yards for the Tiger's, despite having four offensive coordinators in four years. Plus he can bench press 225 pounds 26 times. "
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2010, 08:36 AM   #2
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

I grabbed him in the 5th round I believe in the OMANE Mock draft, doubt he falls past the 3rd round, but he has all the measureables to be a solid player, not sure why he doesn't get more love though.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:59 AM   #3
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer

In Manning We Trust......

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

i like Tate....he finally saw the light last year at Auburn! Would love for Denver to pick him in the 4th.
ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:45 AM   #4
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

I think he will be a pretty good player too. But I think Denver needs more of a scat/quick back like Best, or go all out for the stud Spiller.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:50 AM   #5
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoBuff View Post
i like Tate....he finally saw the light last year at Auburn! Would love for Denver to pick him in the 4th.

I didn't follow his career closely, but is it accurate to say that he had success early on and then kind of had a couple of down years? I know I was impressed by him a few years ago.
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 12:48 PM   #6
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0phr0syne View Post
I didn't follow his career closely, but is it accurate to say that he had success early on and then kind of had a couple of down years? I know I was impressed by him a few years ago.
It did say he was under 4 different coordinators. I don't know that size and speed is pretty awesome. Its not like he wasn't completely unproductive either.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: