The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2010, 03:59 PM   #1
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!
Default Michael Lombardi on NFLN

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...Marshall-trade
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2010, 04:03 PM   #2
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

That's pretty much the way it is. Broncos couldn't trust he would grow up and be worth the money and not be a cap killer and with the WR crop being pretty deep in this draft, it was the only decision to make IMO.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:19 PM   #3
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

One of the better informed assessments from the national media of the situation between BM and Denver.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:59 PM   #4
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Brandon helped us on his way out of town, his contract is going to make it harder for SD to sign Vincent.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:08 PM   #5
Mr.Meanie
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Brandon helped us on his way out of town, his contract is going to make it harder for SD to sign Vincent.
Not only that, but if Miami is more competitive it will make the AFC East a really, really tough division. I can't wait for the season to start. Is it September yet?
Mr.Meanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:03 PM   #6
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
That's pretty much the way it is. Broncos couldn't trust he would grow up and be worth the money and not be a cap killer and with the WR crop being pretty deep in this draft, it was the only decision to make IMO.
Sounds great ! so that means we are now signing Dvile long term
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:15 PM   #7
Broncos4tw
Ring of Famer

Well, as much as Brandon is suddenly hated by everyone it seems, after the preseason fiasco last year, he really asserted himself all year. He played hard, and very well, and I lost count of the people here who said "Pay the man!" I guess it's a very short trip from greatness, to worthless bum. At least here on the Mane.
Broncos4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:17 AM   #8
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Crash~ View Post
Sounds great ! so that means we are now signing Dvile long term
I'm sure that is the intent. Whenever McDaniels talks about the leaders on this team he mentions Dumervil. When he talked about selecting a new DC he specifically mentioned asking Dumervil's opinion. Why would you get the opinion of a guy who the new DC would only coach for one year?

They see Doom as their kind of player, but you don't hand out $20M+ to a guy when the threat of not playing football in 2011 (i.e. you paid him millions for nothing) is very real.

I'd bet the very first thing McDaniels says to Bowlen after Pat tells him a new CBA is likely for 2011 is "can I lock up our best defensive player for the rest of his career now then?"

To which I hope Bowlen replies "hell yes".
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:26 AM   #9
backup qb
Ring of Famer

Bowlen's reply will be along the lines of, "who's that? Mecklenburg?"
backup qb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 06:03 AM   #10
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

I really think B Marsh was scared the crips would put a hit on him for testifying against Clark and wanted out of there no matter what
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 06:11 AM   #11
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos4tw View Post
Well, as much as Brandon is suddenly hated by everyone it seems, after the preseason fiasco last year, he really asserted himself all year. He played hard, and very well, and I lost count of the people here who said "Pay the man!" I guess it's a very short trip from greatness, to worthless bum. At least here on the Mane.
Your right he did play hard during the season...didn't sign the contract we offered up...got benched for the final game of the season(approved by the leaders of the team non the less). I was one that thought we should keep him...thank god we didn't with the contract Miami just coughed up. Your right the Mane is a horrible place, I think you should go somewhere with less mean people
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:29 AM   #12
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos4tw View Post
A lot of people who said "pay the man" also said that the contract had to be
one that protected the team also, and that Marshall was still a risk. Not exactly what Miami did.

I don't begrudge him his millions but, if he screws up again, Miami will.

Guy has talent on field , and has a knack of finding trouble off it. Time will tell if he has really learned his lessons, and is a changed man.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:04 AM   #13
hookemhess
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Blake Gideon

I'm happy for Marshall. He just got married, he gets to move back to his home state, and finally gets paid like he deserves. I really hope he keeps his nose clean and plays like the highest paid WR ever. In all his interviews, he seems like a good kid that has just made some mistakes.

I definitely don't have any hard feelings like I did with Cutler, who is King Douche IMO. Cutler is a self-important baby with a rocket arm and a stupid haircut. I hope he fails again this year.

Now, SIGN DOOOOM!!
hookemhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:08 AM   #14
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I still find it somewhat disturbing that they can spend a bunch of money signing Jamal Williams et al but they can't pay Dumervil.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:15 AM   #15
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
I still find it somewhat disturbing that they can spend a bunch of money signing Jamal Williams et al but they can't pay Dumervil.
Yeah, because it's been made public what Dumervil wants in total $$$, upfront $$$, and if he's even willing to sign a long-term deal at this point, but it's totally McD/Xanders/Bowlen's fault that ED hasn't been signed at this point.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:16 AM   #16
hookemhess
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Blake Gideon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
Yeah, because it's been made public what Dumervil wants in total $$$, upfront $$$, and if he's even willing to sign a long-term deal at this point, but it's totally McD/Xanders/Bowlen's fault that ED hasn't been signed at this point.
Let's not call him "ED"......kinda weird.
hookemhess is offline   Reply With Quote