The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2010, 06:32 AM   #1
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default So Long Brandon Marshall

So Long Brandon Marshall and thanks for all the ON FIELD memories and BEASTLY performances. You have thrilled the Broncos fans admirable for 3.5 seasons. Good luck, continue your Pro Bowl caliber of play, and keep your nose clean off the field; it will drive your haters and doubters crazy with remorse and jealousy!

Let's recap. After 3 record setting seasons in Denver, 3 consecutive 100 plus receiving seasons, and the record for the most receptions in a single game; Brandon Marshall has finally gotten paid. My greatest concern was Marshall continuing to play in Denver and never signing his financially secured contract before getting injured and only becoming a shadow of his full athletic ability. Bowlen and McD would have played the "Off The Field Problem" excuse for reasons to Low Ball Marshall contract until the cows come home.

Had Marshall not had another off the field incident btwn 2010-2011, but suffered a series of injuries btwn the 2010 and 2011 seasons, Bowlen and McD would have used those injuries against Marshall as leverage as to why he's not worth the risk of getting paid as the top WR in the NFL.

Then you add in the fact that McD has brought to Denver the NE philosophy of low balling the star player(s) salary as a way to save money......you can clearly see Denver was NEVER going to make Marshall the top paid WR in the NFL. Marshall and his agent realised this fact as well.

McD is out to prove to the fans and the entire NFL that he doesn't need nor want Super Stars and can win in the NFL with such a strategy. McD will use the "Team Player" philosophy and Super Stars need not apply soley to ensure the owner can keep player salary's at bargin team/owner friendly advantages and levels. It screws the players however.

It was time for Marshall to leave Denver.........plain and simple.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2010, 09:03 AM   #2
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

No one gives a **** where your opinion lies. What a waste of text and time. The only ones who will discuss your worthless post don't know what a fruitless and foolhardy endeavour it is.
Either way, why make an entire thread when 80% of the forum has you on ignore? No, I didn't read any of your bull**** post, and I pity those who may have.
TO THE BUTT.
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:06 AM   #3
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

There's about 75 existing threads you could have posted this crap in, or better yet, here's a whole forum for it:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=17

Last edited by bowtown; 04-15-2010 at 09:08 AM..
bowtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:12 AM   #4
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Boo frickin' hoo
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:12 AM   #5
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
So Long Brandon Marshall and thanks for all the ON FIELD memories and BEASTLY performances. You have thrilled the Broncos fans admirable for 3.5 seasons. Good luck, continue your Pro Bowl caliber of play, and keep your nose clean off the field; it will drive your haters and doubters crazy with remorse and jealousy!

Let's recap. After 3 record setting seasons in Denver, 3 consecutive 100 plus receiving seasons, and the record for the most receptions in a single game; Brandon Marshall has finally gotten paid. My greatest concern was Marshall continuing to play in Denver and never signing his financially secured contract before getting injured and only becoming a shadow of his full athletic ability. Bowlen and McD would have played the "Off The Field Problem" excuse for reasons to Low Ball Marshall contract until the cows come home.

Had Marshall not had another off the field incident btwn 2010-2011, but suffered a series of injuries btwn the 2010 and 2011 seasons, Bowlen and McD would have used those injuries against Marshall as leverage as to why he's not worth the risk of getting paid as the top WR in the NFL.

Then you add in the fact that McD has brought to Denver the NE philosophy of low balling the star player(s) salary as a way to save money......you can clearly see Denver was NEVER going to make Marshall the top paid WR in the NFL. Marshall and his agent realised this fact as well.

McD is out to prove to the fans and the entire NFL that he doesn't need nor want Super Stars and can win in the NFL with such a strategy. McD will use the "Team Player" philosophy and Super Stars need not apply soley to ensure the owner can keep player salary's at bargin team/owner friendly advantages and levels. It screws the players however.

If you would have just left it at the Bold it would have been on point.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:16 AM   #6
hookemhess
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Blake Gideon

hookemhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:17 AM   #7
Dukes
Ring of Famer

I still don't understand why he didn't hire you as his agent.
Dukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:20 AM   #8
Steve Sewell
Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Patrick and Ty's pimp

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers

bai brandon i <3 u
Steve Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:23 AM   #9
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post

You do realize the Marshall wanted out of Denver right? His wanting out had more to do with his envolvement in Darrent Williams death than it had to do with the Broncos.

You do realize this right?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:33 AM   #10
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I can't stand how everyone conviniently ignores that no matter what the Broncos did (they offered Marshall a contract that guaranteed $9.5 million a year last season) Brandon had too many skeletons in his closet to ever be truly happy in Denver.

Marshall wanted out, period. McD is just the scapegoat for all the haters.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:43 AM   #11
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I can't stand how everyone conviniently ignores that no matter what the Broncos did (they offered Marshall a contract that guaranteed $9.5 million a year last season) Brandon had too many skeletons in his closet to ever be truly happy in Denver.

Marshall wanted out, period. McD is just the scapegoat for all the haters.
totally agreed, not to mention that Shanny is rumored to have wanted to dump Marshall also before he was let go

people make it sound like Brandon's troubles all started last January
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:58 AM   #12
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

uninformed will stay uninformed. its a shame there are so many of them. i honestly start to feel at times that this entire board has been infiltrated by raiders or chargers or chiefs fans disguising themselves as broncos fans just so that they can stir all this crap up. but, sadly, that's not the case.

meanwhile, I'm so effing pumped for the draft and to see what this FO does this time around. come on draft day!!
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:59 AM   #13
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Crush always has a good attitude. I long for the old days of the mane.
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:05 AM   #14
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

I will miss Brandon. I dont see how we can replace him and his production. I hope I am wrong!

Team first is a great philosophy and I hope it works.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:47 PM   #15
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

Fair well Brandon, rasta man will rub one out to his fathead poster of you.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:49 PM   #16
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
uninformed will stay uninformed. its a shame there are so many of them. i honestly start to feel at times that this entire board has been infiltrated by raiders or chargers or chiefs fans disguising themselves as broncos fans just so that they can stir all this crap up. but, sadly, that's not the case.

meanwhile, I'm so effing pumped for the draft and to see what this FO does this time around. come on draft day!!
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote