The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2010, 07:41 PM   #1
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default Drew Litton: Bye-Bye Brandon Marshall

Adios Mr. Attitude

OK. My whole opinion on this thing might not quite be the same as yours. But here it is a nutshell. Anytime you can rid your roster of a selfish poisonous player like Marshall, itís a good day. A very good day. Would they have liked to get more than a couple of second rounder for him? Yeah. Probably. But with the depth in next weeks draft at wide receiver and having that many more picks to trade around who knows what they do with what they got. But i believe itís much better than what they had.

Rumor had it that one of the reasons Shanahan was fired was because he told Bowlen his first order of business for the off-season was to boot Brandon Marshall as far away from Denver as possible. Give me 45 guys like Rod Smith and Iíll make the Saints look like romper room. Sound off everyone. This is great pre-draft fodder so leave those comments and Iíll do my best to jump into the conversation.

http://www.drewlitton.com/
Attached Images

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2010, 07:44 PM   #2
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Good for Marshall. Under appreciated ex-Bronco player, now the highest paid WR in NFL history. Not bad!
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:54 PM   #3
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Rumor had it that one of the reasons Shanahan was fired was because he told Bowlen his first order of business for the off-season was to boot Brandon Marshall as far away from Denver as possible.
That's a new one.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:47 PM   #4
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Drew is right......
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:56 PM   #5
_Oro_
Formerly known as Casson

Don't run that sh*t this way.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
- R. Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
That's a new one.
Heard that one on the light rail after shortly after Shanny was fired.
_Oro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:03 PM   #6
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

I actually googled Brandon after the fact today and the image search brought up MANY Litton cartoons that were very unfavorable to him. I think we know where he stands!

Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:04 PM   #7
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Litton View Post
Rumor had it that one of the reasons Shanahan was fired was because he told Bowlen his first order of business for the off-season was to boot Brandon Marshall as far away from Denver as possible.
Wow, that's the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Stick to drawing, Drew.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:10 PM   #8
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Are you SURE?

I'm having deja vu.....for the second time today.

P.S.
I'm just dicking around 'Buff.......
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:16 PM   #9
outdoor_miner
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragster69 View Post
Good for Marshall. Under appreciated ex-Bronco player, now the highest paid WR in NFL history. Not bad!
Yep - chalk one up for the good guys!
outdoor_miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:18 PM   #10
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
Are you SURE?

I'm having deja vu.....for the second time today.

P.S.
I'm just dicking around 'Buff.......
Okay, yeah, I said the same thing in baja's "Shanahan copying McDaniles" thread

But this one has "taken the lead" ....

It's honestly laugh out loud funny .... one of the most hands off owners in the league would fire a HOF head coach to avoid him trading away a player? A player who was traded away today without an audible peep from the Lagavulin Lounge? And after all, he's the freaking owner! If were inclined to meddle - which he's not - he could nix any deal.

He's either joking, or merely trying to stir up comments and traffic on his site.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:19 PM   #11
HAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoor_miner View Post
Yep - chalk one up for the good guys!
It saddens me that you quoted fagster _miner.....If only b/c I have to (partially) agree with him for once.

I too am stoked BM got his payday. Truth be told....I'd grab the cash instead of a ring myself....

Actually, I'd hire rasta as my agent so I could have both. That dude has mad Agent skillz.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:21 PM   #12
HAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:

He's either joking, or merely trying to stir up comments and traffic on his site.
Journalism 101.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:21 PM   #13
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

In Miami, the only way he catches any grief will be for missing games. But in lunch pail and hardhat Colorado, the minute you look like you are enjoying yourself you are a me-first player.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:26 PM   #14
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Okay, yeah, I said the same thing in baja's "Shanahan copying McDaniles" thread

But this one has "taken the lead" ....

It's honestly laugh out loud funny .... one of the most hands off owners in the league would fire a HOF head coach to avoid him trading away a player? A player who was traded away today without an audible peep from the Lagavulin Lounge? And after all, he's the freaking owner! If were inclined to meddle - which he's not - he could nix any deal.

Uh, maybe someone can fill in the details, but wasn't Dan Reeves fired after making plans to ship out John Elway, and even offering him in a possible trade with the Washington Redskins? I'm sure there were other issues, but when it came down to John vs. Dan, Dan got the walking papers.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:26 PM   #15
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragster69 View Post
Now the highest paid WR in NFL history.
Okay, I'm obviously a Marshall fan ... but when you put it that way, it's just nuts.

What is Parcells smoking? Was there really such a clamor for Brandon's services that Tuna was forced to go to such lengths? Seems to me Brandon's history would mitigate toward contract concessions, not escalators.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:39 PM   #16
outdoor_miner
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
It saddens me that you quoted fagster _miner.....If only b/c I have to (partially) agree with him for once.

I too am stoked BM got his payday. Truth be told....I'd grab the cash instead of a ring myself....

Actually, I'd hire rasta as my agent so I could have both. That dude has mad Agent skillz.
Hey - I think he is a spectacular talent, and I'm pretty sad to see him go. He was a blast to watch on Sundays.

I just think it's funny to see Marshall referenced as some high-character, lunchpail guy who just "gave it his all" day in and day out to finally earn that big paycheck. He seems like a true pain in the ass on and off the field... But whatever - I really don't know the guy, so can't say too much. He did play hard (to my eyes) on the football field on Sundays, and I appreciate that. I don't hold any ill will toward him (nothing like I feel towards Cutler), and hope he can keep his nose clean off the field...
outdoor_miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:11 PM   #17
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Quote:

Stick to drawing, Drew.
yes Shanahan was getting rid of him . but note he was going to get something for him . and not raped.
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:17 PM   #18
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Crash~ View Post
yes Shanahan was getting rid of him . but note he was going to get something for him . and not raped.
I also believe that had it been Shanahan.... in Week 17 2009, the media would have had no idea that Marshall (& Scheffler) would not be starting vs. the Chefs (both would have been on the injury report as "questionable" or "doubtful"). Shanahan wouldn't have publicly "tipped his hand" that "the player" would be available... possibly for cheap. The situation would have been kept "in house".

But Shanahan would never have let the Chefs have the slightest inkling... much less flat-out know that they didn't need to gameplan for Marshall....
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:23 PM   #19
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

Peddling the Orange Addiction

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
That's a new one.
Nah, that one has been around.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:25 PM   #20
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Nah, that one has been around.
Yep Shanahan did not like motor mouth .
Old 04-14-2010, 11:40 PM   #21
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
COme on! Shanny would have got rid of him before the troubles of some more offseason crap and the TC fiasco and add the week 17 suspension. With all that has happened, we got a pretty good deal for him (and even Dolphins did well too). Shanny would have the same problems as McD/Bowlen did today. Stop being such an doofus.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:47 PM   #22
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
COme on! Shanny would have got rid of him before the troubles of some more offseason crap and the TC fiasco and add the week 17 suspension. With all that has happened, we got a pretty good deal for him (and even Dolphins did well too). Shanny would have the same problems as McD/Bowlen did today. Stop being such an doofus.
What trouble did Marshall have this year ? the Coach devalued the players he was going to trade . now who is the doofus .
Old 04-14-2010, 11:52 PM   #23
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
What trouble did Marshall have this year ? the Coach devalued the players he was going to trade . now who is the doofus .
is he looking to win or is he worried about a player's value? Let me know when Marshall was forced to act like a complete a-hole at the beginning of the season (TC) and then at the very end of the season when the playoffs are on the line. Coach didnt devalue Marshall, Marshall devalued himself for the Broncos. He got paid what he would have if he was a saint. McD took in Marshall with all the baggage in place. BM just got stuffed that baggage so it wouldnt fit into the overhead cabin at the Broncos front office...(awesome reference I must say).
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:01 AM   #24
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Quote:
is he looking to win or is he worried about a player's value? Let me know when Marshall was forced to act like a complete a-hole at the beginning of the season (TC) and then at the very end of the season when the playoffs are on the line. Coach didnt devalue Marshall, Marshall devalued himself for the Broncos. He got paid what he would have if he was a saint. McD took in Marshall with all the baggage in place. BM just got stuffed that baggage so it wouldnt fit into the overhead cabin at the Broncos front office...(awesome reference I must say).
You pay the guy and he shuts the **** up . I am to the point I may switch teams if Dvile is not tooken care of . I root for classy teams and I am starting to wonder if that is still the case.Dvile should of been paid last year .
Old 04-15-2010, 12:02 AM   #25
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Yes, he did. By taking the issue to the media, McDaniels definitely did devalue Marshall. Shanahan would have listed Marshall/Scheffler as either doubtful or questionable on the injury report and then they would have been inactivated on Sunday morning (just as they actually were but without tipping off the Chefs for the upcoming game or signaling to any other team that Marshall was on his way out of town, whatever the price). Let's get real....Shanahan was notoriously "tight-lipped" with the media... he played his cards "close to the vest" and would never, ever have given a division rival that kind of information. Not ever.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote