The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 06:28 AM   #1
crazyhorse
All Motor!!
 
crazyhorse's Avatar
 
You can only hope to contain me

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,298
Default Whoa!! Denver is out of good football players.

Doom..... maybe Clady. After that, all you're left with is draft picks.

Why does everyone eventually hate McD?
crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2010, 06:32 AM   #2
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer
 
Hercules Rockefeller's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 16,242

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams
Default

So even by your standards, Denver has 2 more good players than KC?
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:33 AM   #3
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football
 
bfoflcommish's Avatar
 
GO..........BRONCOS

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mile High
Posts: 3,487

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater
Default

said the chief fan
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:51 AM   #4
crazyhorse
All Motor!!
 
crazyhorse's Avatar
 
You can only hope to contain me

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,298
Default

Those are some great comebacks fellas. But it was a serious question.
crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:56 AM   #5
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,121

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
Those are some great comebacks fellas. But it was a serious question.
No it wasn't.

Normally, you're better than this....and you know it. This is Bob-like.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:57 AM   #6
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco
 
eddie mac's Avatar
 
Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: IRELAND
Posts: 16,691

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
Doom..... maybe Clady. After that, all you're left with is draft picks.

Why does everyone eventually hate McD?
Who like What Patriot players or staff hate him, or even their fans
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:00 AM   #7
worm
Great moments are born...
 
worm's Avatar
 
...from great opportunity

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,902

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#20
Default

Its a valid question.

Who is the face of this franchise?

A quiet OT? An undersized LB that can disappear at times? A journeyman QB? An aging CB or S?

This team needs a difference maker than can lead from the front.

When you have the Day 1 bullets than Denver has in this draft and last year, you better not just draft productive players, you better find a way to draft somebody that can help forge a team identity and lead from the front page of the media guide.

Is Ayers that type of guy? Moreno? Fonz? At this point, I would say no to the entire 2009 draft class (Moreno may have the best shot as he develops).

It is a lot of pressure to put on someone but every great team needs more than quiet locker room type leaders. It needs someone that can handle the pressure of being 'the man' at this level.

Out of everybody I see available around #11 this year....McClain appears to be the closest to being able to be that kind of leader.

'Just do your job' is a great mantra....but somebody has to have the job to take point on and off the field.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:00 AM   #8
crazyhorse
All Motor!!
 
crazyhorse's Avatar
 
You can only hope to contain me

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
Who like What Patriot players or staff hate him, or even their fans
Maybe you're right. It just seems like a lot of the fans here dont like him, and he has had a riff with several of the players here since becoming head coach.
crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:01 AM   #9
strafen
Karma
 
strafen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,328

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
Those are some great comebacks fellas. But it was a serious question.
It is a serious question, one that the Mcdaniels followers got no answer for.

I can tell you this though, Mcdaniels better got this right.
That's all I'm saying about this ****ing moron coach we've got...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:02 AM   #10
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,121

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm View Post
Its a valid question.
Did you even read his question? He asked:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
Why does everyone eventually hate McD?
He didn't say anything about "face of the franchise" or anything else you wrote above.

There is zero evidence that anyone hates McD and only circumstantial evidence about Cutler doing so.

Who has come out and said they hate McD? Enlighten me.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:04 AM   #11
crazyhorse
All Motor!!
 
crazyhorse's Avatar
 
You can only hope to contain me

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm View Post
Its a valid question.

Who is the face of this franchise?

A quiet OT? An undersized LB that can disappear at times? A journeyman QB? An aging CB or S?

This team needs a difference maker than can lead from the front.

When you have the Day 1 bullets than Denver has in this draft and last year, you better not just draft productive players, you better find a way to draft somebody that can help forge a team identity and lead from the front page of the media guide.

Is Ayers that type of guy? Moreno? Fonz? At this point, I would say no to the entire 2009 draft class (Moreno may have the best shot as he develops).

It is a lot of pressure to put on someone but every great team needs more than quiet locker room type leaders. It needs someone that can handle the pressure of being 'the man' at this level.

Out of everybody I see available around #11 this year....McClain appears to be the closest to being able to be that kind of leader.

'Just do your job' is a great mantra....but somebody has to have the job to take point on and off the field.
That is what KC has been missing since DT died. It is especially important on defense to have that outward emotional leader to inspire team chemistry.
crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:06 AM   #12
crazyhorse
All Motor!!
 
crazyhorse's Avatar
 
You can only hope to contain me

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Did you even read his question? He asked:



He didn't say anything about "face of the franchise" or anything else you wrote above.

There is zero evidence that anyone hates McD and only circumstantial evidence about Cutler doing so.

Who has come out and said they hate McD? Enlighten me.
At least 50% of the fans do. Just read this forum for proof. Are you new? As for the players, the mutiny from the day he walked in the door is a strong indicator there is a problem there with popularity.
crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:07 AM   #13
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco
 
eddie mac's Avatar
 
Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: IRELAND
Posts: 16,691

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
Maybe you're right. It just seems like a lot of the fans here dont like him, and he has had a riff with several of the players here since becoming head coach.
Some Bronco fans are a funny sort. They tend to side with players everytime, thinking they know everything about a certain situation and that McD just trades good players for the hell of it not because they cant spell team or team-mate or not selfish.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:08 AM   #14
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"
 
WolfpackGuy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 6,733
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragster69 View Post
I can tell you this though, Mcdaniels better got this right.
If they don't hit a grand slam in this draft, the team is in trouble.

They're teetering on the edge right now.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:10 AM   #15
worm
Great moments are born...
 
worm's Avatar
 
...from great opportunity

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,902

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Did you even read his question? He asked:



He didn't say anything about "face of the franchise" or anything else you wrote above.

There is zero evidence that anyone hates McD and only circumstantial evidence about Cutler doing so.

Who has come out and said they hate McD? Enlighten me.
I could care less about the line that Dan put out there to bait you.

I was referring to the idea that Denver is out of good football players.

IMO, while Denver has good football players, there are no face of the franchise type players on this team.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:10 AM   #16
strafen
Karma
 
strafen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,328

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
Some Bronco fans are a funny sort. They tend to side with players everytime, thinking they know everything about a certain situation and that McD just trades good players for the hell of it not because they cant spell team or team-mate or not selfish.
We just traded a top 3 WR in the NFL, moron
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:19 AM   #17
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,121

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
At least 50% of the fans do. Just read this forum for proof. Are you new? As for the players, the mutiny from the day he walked in the door is a strong indicator there is a problem there with popularity.
Ummm, you said 100%, not 50%. In one post, I've managed to cut your argument in half. After this one, you'll probably be down to 25%. Damn, even Big Ben and BMarsh's women put up more of a fight than you.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:21 AM   #18
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!
 
TailgateNut's Avatar
 
.......as much as tebonites

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Mile High
Posts: 19,956

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Ummm, you said 100%, not 50%. In one post, I've managed to cut your argument in half. After this one, you'll probably be down to 25%. Damn, even Big Ben and BMarsh's women put up more of a fight than you.

Ouch!
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:26 AM   #19
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,496

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

I think you got the responses you did because of the word "hate". I don't think it's even 25% that "hate" him. I am just waiting for him to prove something to me. And as far as emotional leaders, Marshall was not it. Dawkins is the closest we've come in the past 10 years to one. Maybe Champ on D but don't even see that an awful lot.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:48 AM   #20
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator
 
Man-Goblin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 5,959

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm View Post
Its a valid question.

Who is the face of this franchise?

A quiet OT? An undersized LB that can disappear at times? A journeyman QB? An aging CB or S?

This team needs a difference maker than can lead from the front.

When you have the Day 1 bullets than Denver has in this draft and last year, you better not just draft productive players, you better find a way to draft somebody that can help forge a team identity and lead from the front page of the media guide.

Is Ayers that type of guy? Moreno? Fonz? At this point, I would say no to the entire 2009 draft class (Moreno may have the best shot as he develops).

It is a lot of pressure to put on someone but every great team needs more than quiet locker room type leaders. It needs someone that can handle the pressure of being 'the man' at this level.

Out of everybody I see available around #11 this year....McClain appears to be the closest to being able to be that kind of leader.

'Just do your job' is a great mantra....but somebody has to have the job to take point on and off the field.
I can dig this. It's no excuse because it was their own fault, but the scouting staff was in disarray last year.

Now there are no excuses. With all these picks, including the one probably coming for Scheffler, they have to produce some big time players or the regime will be gone sooner than later.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:45 AM   #21
crazyhorse
All Motor!!
 
crazyhorse's Avatar
 
You can only hope to contain me

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Ummm, you said 100%, not 50%. In one post, I've managed to cut your argument in half. After this one, you'll probably be down to 25%. Damn, even Big Ben and BMarsh's women put up more of a fight than you.
You may be getting a little side tracked. But if you're having fun.....

Maybe next you could point out some spelling errors.

The problem with your arguement is I wasnt posting to fight with you. You are virtually unarmed in my opinion.

I was speaking in generalities. You took me literally. Perhaps that was my mistake here. It's a miracle everyone else here got the point. It was only you that got lost in the reading of this post. In fact, the point was that you are out of good football players, not McD.

I will have to dumb down my posts in the future so you will be able to manage your way through without getting lost. I appologize for mixing you up.

In literal terms, I know that you're probably not really a prick in real life. You're probably still reeling from losing Marshall. That's why you're so defensive when it's completely uncalled for. That's why I didn't slam you right off the bat. I have nothing but love for you my brother.

Cant we just be friends?
crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:46 AM   #22
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,264

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

I see the troll managed to hook a couple of the bottom feeders.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:48 AM   #23
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,121

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
In fact, the point was that you are out of good football players, not McD.
Yup, I typically state:

Why does everyone eventually hate McD?

when my only point has to do with the talent of the players on the roster.

Either way, you are forgetting plenty of good football players still on the Broncos roster. And that is my point. Still too bad. I never thought you were the troll Bob was. Like I said before...you used to be better.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:48 AM   #24
crazyhorse
All Motor!!
 
crazyhorse's Avatar
 
You can only hope to contain me

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 7,298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
I think you got the responses you did because of the word "hate". I don't think it's even 25% that "hate" him. I am just waiting for him to prove something to me. And as far as emotional leaders, Marshall was not it. Dawkins is the closest we've come in the past 10 years to one. Maybe Champ on D but don't even see that an awful lot.
I got the response I did because he's pissed off over the Marshall deal, and I am a Chiefs fan. That and he hasn't any self control. I wont take the blame for someone elses meltdowns.

He can go off all he wants. That stuff just rolls off me anyway.
crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:49 AM   #25
Bronco Yoda
.
 
Bronco Yoda's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 8,746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
Doom..... maybe Clady. After that, all you're left with is draft picks.

Why does everyone eventually hate McD?
What will you guys offer for Clady? We've been know to make a deal or two...
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:31 AM.


Denver Broncos