The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2010, 06:37 AM   #1
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default if spiller falls...

to #11 we gotta do it. add him to a receiver like benn or thomas in round 2 as well as jd walter or tennant, this would be a total success of a draft....
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2010, 07:03 AM   #2
long beach bronco
Ring of Famer

"I'm your Huckleberry"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I'm all for it. I like Moreno, but the truth is, he is slow hitting the holes and fumbles alot. Hopefully he can bounce back from that, but adding a talent like Spiller just adds a whole new dimenion to this offense that really needs a boost something terrible.
long beach bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:15 AM   #3
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by long beach bronco View Post
I'm all for it. I like Moreno, but the truth is, he is slow hitting the holes and fumbles alot. Hopefully he can bounce back from that, but adding a talent like Spiller just adds a whole new dimenion to this offense that really needs a boost something terrible.
hes not slow hitting, and doesnt fumble alot. but the rest is basically true (the offense wasnt THAT bad, but it was boring)
Old 04-14-2010, 07:27 AM   #4
long beach bronco
Ring of Famer

"I'm your Huckleberry"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Now that B Marsh is gone, our offense is that bad. We need playmakers. There are some pretty good prospects in this draft, but if Spiller is sitting there at #11, I will be sitting on pins and needles. I hope the camera pans to his house and see him on a cell phone talking, right before we pick.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:31 AM   #5
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Now that B Marsh is gone, our offense is that bad. We need playmakers. There are some pretty good prospects in this draft, but if Spiller is sitting there at #11, I will be sitting on pins and needles. I hope the camera pans to his house and see him on a cell phone talking, right before we pick.
agreed.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:39 AM   #6
BroncoSojia
Go Broncos

Thanks Champ for the past 10 years

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bey Bey Thomas

With all the needs we have on both sides of the ball, I cannot fathom us taking a scat back with the 11th overall pick.

I mean we can take McCluster or Best in the 2nd round. They are more or less the same players and we don't have to spend a high 1st.
BroncoSojia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:46 AM   #7
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Spiller is more than a scat back. But I do agree, we should probably wait til the 2nd for Best or Mccluster.

Id almost consider Dez Bryant if he is there. I know his off field issues are there, but we NEED a top tier WR NOW. Our passing offense as of now is going to blow next year.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:32 AM   #8
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

No you don't...we need to build up the defense/OLine/WR, We would be crazy to invest another 1st rounder in consectutive years for a RB. Spiller and Knowshon can't both play at the same time, so it'd be a waste of the picks. Totally disagree and would be stunned if we did something like that.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:38 AM   #9
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

What about Toby Gerhart somewhere in the 2nd if you have to have another RB? Why spend another 1st on a back at 11? We need defense folks. Defense. ILB, DT. We can't keep blowing our wad on these franchise hopefuls on offense. With two 2nd rounders and a third we have plenty of ammunition to draft a compliment to Moreno, assuming Buckhalter isn't enough relief. Get a premium defensive player at 11 and then go Wade Phillips and draft RBs, WRs, KRs to your hearts content. How about another QB? McDaniels can do that. Probably will. Why only one RB? Lets drafts gobs and gobs; both seconds, a third, maybe the fourth. Let 'em all battle it out. What a great competition, but at 11, how about a token nod to the defense. Huh? Maybe?
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:50 AM   #10
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango View Post
What about Toby Gerhart somewhere in the 2nd if you have to have another RB? Why spend another 1st on a back at 11? We need defense folks. Defense. ILB, DT. We can't keep blowing our wad on these franchise hopefuls on offense. With two 2nd rounders and a third we have plenty of ammunition to draft a compliment to Moreno, assuming Buckhalter isn't enough relief. Get a premium defensive player at 11 and then go Wade Phillips and draft RBs, WRs, KRs to your hearts content. How about another QB? McDaniels can do that. Probably will. Why only one RB? Lets drafts gobs and gobs; both seconds, a third, maybe the fourth. Let 'em all battle it out. What a great competition, but at 11, how about a token nod to the defense. Huh? Maybe?
I like Gerhart as a player but I really hope Denver doesnt draft him. Here's why: basically, you have a coach who is so insecure that he feels like he has to set fire everything that had someone elses name on it besides his own. Gerhart reminds me too much of Hillis. But instead of the 7th we spent on Hillis we will have spent a 2nd on a replica (more or less) just so Josh can have his own Hillis.

The same is true with drafting Bryant in the first to replace Marshall (a 4th round pick).

Basically, drafting Bryant and Gerhart makes it feel like we lost 7 draft places to replace Marshall and Hillis.

Spiller, on the other hand, gives that HR threat and wiggle at the 2nd level that Moreno didnt bring. Plus Spiller is awesome in the passing game. Him vs. a LB is a total mismatch.

I like Spiller because having the ability to score on one play instead of needing to always score in 12 takes pressure off Orton and Moreno.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:05 PM   #11
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Agree whole-heartedly, Leximaniac -- you diabolical bastard. How is Chicago?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:13 PM   #12
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Agree whole-heartedly, Leximaniac -- you diabolical bastard. How is Chicago?
Thanks.

Its a nice day...the weather has been off and on though, you ass grabbing choad smoker, you.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:24 PM   #13
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

The weather in Fargo has sucked, but it has been a lot nicer recently. Except for the wind.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:36 PM   #14
long beach bronco
Ring of Famer

"I'm your Huckleberry"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I just received my Sporting News draft preview issue, and guess who's front and center on the cover, I guess I'll "spill" the beans on this one. Mr. Orange and Blue Clemson himself smiling with a wide grin. I would love to keep Mr. Spiller in orange and blue.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:01 PM   #15
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I was smoking a bong when we drafted Moreno last year (also when Obama was elected president) -- I will straight shoot up heroin in delight if Spiller is our selection.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:03 PM   #16
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I was smoking a bong when we drafted Moreno last year (also when Obama was elected president) -- I will straight shoot up heroin in delight if Spiller is our selection.
How would you feel about Spiller and then moving up to take Pouncey?
Old 04-14-2010, 01:05 PM   #17
chaz
highly touted recruit

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Bruton

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoSojia View Post
With all the needs we have on both sides of the ball, I cannot fathom us taking a scat back with the 11th overall pick.
Spiller isn't a scat back. He's dynamic at KR, RB, and WR. And from all accounts he's a high-character leader (attention Josh McDaniels).

Without Brandon, we have lost any respect defenses had for our offense (you thought we never went vertical last year? just wait...) We NEED a gamebreaker, regardless of position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco View Post
Spiller and Knowshon can't both play at the same time, so it'd be a waste of the picks.
Disagree. Spiller could split out. Plus, a Panthers like split would extend the effectiveness of both in December and their overall careers.

And just in case anyone hasn't seen this yet:

I'd like to point out 2:05 and 3:03. He may not ever carry a pile, but he can break arm tackles and make a ton of people miss on his way to the endzone.
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:21 PM   #18
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
How would you feel about Spiller and then moving up to take Pouncey?
I do not like Pouncey at all. He didn't make line calls at Florida and needs a lot of work on his technique before he can start in the NFL. If he slipped to us in the second I would be fine with it, but do not want him in the first. Hell no.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:01 PM   #19
long beach bronco
Ring of Famer

"I'm your Huckleberry"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

"and with the 11th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, The Denver Broncos select: CJ Spiller, RB Clemson....................................Requiem starts to roll up his sleeves.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:07 PM   #20
long beach bronco
Ring of Famer

"I'm your Huckleberry"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

That Spiller sure does look good in orange and blue. I'd rather he stay in those colors if you ask me.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:17 PM   #21
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
That Spiller sure does look good in orange and blue. I'd rather he stay in those colors if you ask me.
Clemson is orange and purple...but whatever, he would also look good in orange and blue.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:08 PM   #22
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
I do not like Pouncey at all. He didn't make line calls at Florida and needs a lot of work on his technique before he can start in the NFL. If he slipped to us in the second I would be fine with it, but do not want him in the first. Hell no.
Who would you take at C instead of Pouncey?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:20 PM   #23
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Who would you take at C instead of Pouncey?
This guy.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/...s-Matt-Tennant
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:33 PM   #24
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Broncos taking a RB in the 1st round 2 years in a row? Sorry, makes no sense. Trade down to a team wanting a RB makes a lot more sense.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:36 PM   #25
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Broncos taking a RB in the 1st round 2 years in a row? Sorry, makes no sense. Trade down to a team wanting a RB makes a lot more sense.
Whatever helps your team win makes sense.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: