The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2010, 01:52 AM   #1
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default So how do you rate your Mane Mock Draft?

Finally, all 7 rounds are just about complete. Only a few more left to make their picks in the late 7th round.

Let's see your draft and how do you rate it? You can also comment on others drafts and rate them as well (let's use a 5 star rating system with half stars possible).

Mine:

1st round/pick #21 : Joe Haden (CB) - Florida

2nd round/pick #54 : Morgan Burnett (FS) - Georgia Tech

3rd round/pick #84 : Ciron Black (OT) - LSU

3rd round/pick #96 : Thaddeus Gibson (OLB) - Ohio State

4th round/pick #120: Carlton Mitchell (WR) - South Florida

4th round/pick #131: Taylor Price (WR) - Ohio

5th round/pick #152: Jeff Byers (C/G) - USC

6th round/pick #191: Micah Johnson (ILB) - Kentucky

7th Round/pick #228: Sergio Render (G) - Virginia Tech

I'm going to give myself 3.5 stars. I didn't have many high picks and didn't get to pick early in the rounds but I did get a few comp picks there in the 3rd and 4th which helped. The Bengals were estatic that a talent like Haden fell to them at the 21'st pick. This is a guy that alot of mock boards have going in the top 10. Adding Burnett (some reports had him rated almost as high as Earl Thomas) to the secondary to go along with Haden really should be a nice combo for years to come. The linemen we got are big and physical and both LB's really should help slow down the running game. And of course the WR's we took because of need, as Chad Johnson needs help, but they both are excellent WR's and with a year of seasoning, should be fine.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2010, 03:26 AM   #2
meangene
Ring of Famer

I really like your draft for the Bengals. Your two WR's were steals! The only thing I would question is no TE even with two early comp picks. I would give you 4.0 stars - think you sold yourself short.
meangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:29 PM   #3
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

1st Round/ #15 - Earl Thomas, S Texas
2nd Round/ #44 - Brandon Spikes, LB Florida
3rd Round/ #77 - Lamarr Houston, DT Texas
4th Round/ #115 - Dennis Pitta, TE BYU
5th Round/ #147 - Deji Karim, RB Southern Illinois
6th Round/ #184 - Willie Young, DE NC State

I was really excited when I drafted Earl Thomas, but then the day after the Giants signed Antrel Rolle so I am still a bit mad I didnt wait a day to see what the Giants were going to do. But Thomas is going to be a great playmaker whether at Safety or Corner so they could still use him back there. In the 2nd I traded up for a guy that would have fell to me, but he is a perfect fit for the Giants scheme anyway.

I would give myself a 4 if it were not for those 2 mess up's and for my late round flier on Young. After more digging I really dont think much of him anymore. So a 3 it is.

BTW Karim "the Dream" is going to be awesome. I am pumped for this little man to make some plays in the NFL NEXT year.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:40 PM   #4
no-pseudo-fan
True Orange & Blue

Follow me...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hidalgo
Default Seattle

1st. Brian Bulaga, OT, Iowa
1st. Taylor Mays, S, USC
2nd. Tim Tebow, QB, Florida
4th Anthony Dixon, RB, Miss. State
5th Dezmon Briscoe, WR, Kansas
6th Arthur Moats, OLB/DE, James Madison
7th Shelley Smith, G, Colorado State

I think I did ok. Not being able to trade out of 14 and not having a 3rd hurt.

I give myself a C+ so I guess a solid 3 stars. Got a couple late round gems that could start.
no-pseudo-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:56 PM   #5
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

1-23(23) - Green Bay (BroncoMan4ever) - Charles Brown, OT, USC
2-24(56) - G. Bay (BroncoMan4ever) - Chris Cook, CB, Virginia
3-22(86) - Green Bay (DBroncos4life) - Andre Roberts, WR, The Citadel
4-24(122) - Green Bay (Dbroncos4life) - Myron Rolle, S, Florida State
5-23(154) - Green Bay (Dbroncos4life) - Mike Tepper, OT/OG, Cal
5-38(169) - Green Bay (DBroncos4life) - Corey Peters, DT, Kentucky
6-24(193) - Green Bay (DBroncos4life) - Brandon Sharpe, DE/OLB, Texas Tech
7-23(230) - Green Bay (DBroncos4life) - Andrew Tyshovnytsky, OG/T, Fordham

I probably went to heavy on O-line players but when the Packers allowed 50 plus sacks they really need help in that area. Brown and Tepper are better suited to play the right side. I'll give myself a 2.5 for my part in the draft. I still think Roberts will be a good WR in the NFL. Rolle also had a much better 40 time at his pro day so I don't think he will fall to the 4th round in the real draft. From 5th down there are some long shots but I do really like the two T/OG.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:29 PM   #6
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

These are some pretty good mocks so far. The amount of players I like still coming off the boards so late is just amazing.

Unfortunately, I went 60+ selections without a pick and a few guys have taken almost all the draftable players off my board. Oh well
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:33 PM   #7
brncs_fan
How about some Tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Manti Teo

San Diego Chargers

1. Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno St.
2. Brandon Ghee, CB, Wake Forest
3. Tourell troup, NT, UCF
4. Phillip Dillard, ILB, Nebraska
5. Sam Young, OT, Notre Dame
5. Antonio Brown, WR, Central Michigan
7. Sean Canfield, QB, Oregon St.

Not overly happy with my draft but I got a lot of need positions filled. I think 1 and 2 could step in and play right away. 3 may out of need but I think the rest are developmental players. I would give myself a C+.

Honestly I think the chargers are an injury to Rivers away from a loosing season myself and they are not near as deep as they once were.
brncs_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:20 PM   #8
meangene
Ring of Famer

My draft for the Dallas Cowboys:

Round 1/#27: Sean Weatherspoon (LB) - Missouri
Round 3/#69: Akwasi Owusu-Ansah (DB) - Indiana (PA.)
Round 3/#71: Tony Washington (OT) - Abilene Christian
Round 5/#151: Ted Larsen (C/G) - N.C. State
Round 6/#196: Leigh Tiffin (K) - Alabama
Round 7/#234: Jay Ross (DT) - East Carolina

I had 6 picks (no 5th) coming in at #27 in each round. Weatherspoon just fell to me in Round 1. After that, I had targeted Owusu-Ansah and Washington. I did not figure to get both staying where I was so I moved back from a late second and up from a late third to get two early thirds. It cost me a late fourth to do that but I gained a mid fifth to make up for the lost pick. The runs on OL and safety in the late second and early third made me glad I had moved. I had considered Staffold (OT) and Allen (S) but knew I would not get both and had Owusu-Ansah and Washington rated as highly. For me, the lower level of competition might lead to a little more development time but Dallas could afford that. Larsen added needed interior OL depth - I would have taken Olsen if he had fallen to me there. Tiffin was a huge need. Ross was needed depth at NT. All in all, I was pretty pleased given the limited picks. A real upgrade in athleticism. Maybe a B range grade.

Last edited by meangene; 04-12-2010 at 05:22 PM..
Old 04-12-2010, 05:37 PM   #9
jebures
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default Oakland Raiders

T Trent Williams Oklahoma 1(8)
DE Jason Pierre-Paul South Florida 1(18)
DT Linval Joseph East Carolina 3(85)
T/G Selvish Capers West Virginia 4(106)
CB Walter McFadden Auburn 5 (158)
DT Earl Mitchell Arizona 7(215)
TE/WR Jameson Konz Kent St. 7(225)
7(251)

I still have a 7th left but I feel I did very well on this draft. Some people have Williams going #4 and Pierre-Paul in the top 10. Joseph Could also be a possible 2nd rounder. I thought Earl Mitchell in the 7th round was a steal. He is 6'3 295 and ran a 4.73 at his pro-day, perfect Raider player. Also, Konz could be the most athletic player in this years draft with in insane 46 VL and 4.4 40 time at 235 pounds.
jebures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:54 PM   #10
meangene
Ring of Famer

I'm just glad the Raiders don't draft as well in the real world!
Old 04-12-2010, 07:54 PM   #11
jebures
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by meangene View Post
I'm just glad the Raiders don't draft as well in the real world!
They should hire me so can I sabotage their team....but I guess I really couldn't make them worse.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:04 AM   #12
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by brncs_fan View Post
San Diego Chargers

1. Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno St.
2. Brandon Ghee, CB, Wake Forest
3. Tourell troup, NT, UCF
4. Phillip Dillard, ILB, Nebraska
5. Sam Young, OT, Notre Dame
5. Antonio Brown, WR, Central Michigan
7. Sean Canfield, QB, Oregon St.

Not overly happy with my draft but I got a lot of need positions filled. I think 1 and 2 could step in and play right away. 3 may out of need but I think the rest are developmental players. I would give myself a C+.

Honestly I think the chargers are an injury to Rivers away from a loosing season myself and they are not near as deep as they once were.
I don't know too much about the players you took from 5th down but the first 4 picks I actually do like, and a bonus is they actually fill needs there. I would give you a B for that draft, I liked it.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:07 PM   #13
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Here is INDY's Draft:

1 (31) Patrick Robinson CB, FSU
2 (63) Rodger Saffold OT, IU
3 (94) Tyson Alualu DL, CAL
4 (129) Jerome Murphy CB/FS, USF
5 (162) A.J. Edds SLB, Iowa
7 (238) David Gettis RS/WR, Baylor
7 (249) Adrian Tracy DE/OLB William & Mary
7 (246) Joshua Moore CB, KSU

I am absolutely happy with the talent and versatility of this draft. Overall, I would say B+ as I could not get anymore picks as no one would even consider trading with me. That means I left a lot of talent on the board at positions I could have further upgraded.

This was also a very INDY style draft of BPA. The only pick that might not be the BPA on my board was the first one. I really struggled with taking Robinson over McCourty and now really Kareem Jackson. OVerall though, I think it was a great draft class that will add plenty of first year contributions, 4-6 starters in 2 years, and immediate ST's help.

One of my favorite picks is David Gettis WR, Baylor. He reminds me of Houstons KR Jacoby Jones. He could also develop into a Red Zone and deep threat With Manning throwing him the ball. Indy needs a KR/PR though and I really like his ability there until he can get a few years to develop.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:51 PM   #14
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

Here's mine:

1. Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
2. Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame
3a. Jamar Chaney, ILB, Miss. State
3a. Pat Angerer, ILB, Iowa
4a. Arthur Jones, DT/DE, Syracuse
4b. Larry Asante, SS, Nebraska
4c. Mitch Petrus, G, Arkansas
5a. LeGarrette Blount, RB, Oregon
5b. Robert Johnson, S, Utah
5c. AJ Jefferson, CB, Fresno State
6. Kade Weston, DT, Georgia
7. Nate Byham, TE, Pitt

Well, here they are. The 12 building blocks to reshape the Chiefs. I was very happy with my ability to move up and down the draft board to fill some of the massive holes on the roster. I think I had a nice balance of getting the BPA vs. filling positional needs. I think that Campbell and Tate will see time in the starting lineup almost immediately. Chaney, Angerer, and Jones will see a lot of playing time as well. The rest will work themselves in, and Robert Johnson might even start too.

Jefferson and Weston are definite projects, but their upside is tremendous. And Jefferson will be a huge upgrade in the kick return department.

I did make one mistake and missed out on a trade with Anton and that was unfortunate. However, the value I got where I ended up (Arthur Jones) was great.

Got some criticism for the size of the LBs in the third, but I think they are playmakers, and I can have the DTs I got, esp. Weston on running downs, keep the heat off of them.

So, I give myself a B+ for sure. An A if Weston and the LBs work out like I think they will. My only misses were Cody, Troup, and Linval, so I had to gamble with Weston. but in the 6th that's OK.

Thoughts?

Last edited by JCMElway; 04-13-2010 at 11:09 PM..
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 04:42 PM   #15
meangene
Ring of Famer

JCM, your linebackers are midgets and your nose tackle is gonna bust! J/k - I think you did a great job even if you were picking for the Chefs!
Old 04-13-2010, 04:57 PM   #16
jebures
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMElway View Post
Here's mine:

1. Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
2. Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame
3a. Jamar Chaney, ILB, Miss. State
3a. Pat Angerer, ILB, Iowa
4a. Arthur Jones, DT/DE, Syracuse
4b. Larry Asante, SS, Nebraska
4c. Mitch Petrus, G, Arkansas
5a. LeGarrette Blount, RB, Oregon
5b. Robert Johnson, S, Utah
5c. AJ Jefferson, CB, Fresno State
6. Kade Weston, DT, Georgia
7. Nate Byham, TE, Pitt

Well, here they are. The 12 building blocks to reshape the Chiefs. I was very happy with my ability to move up and down the draft board to fill some of the massive holes on the roster. I think I had a nice balance of getting the BPA vs. filling positional needs. I think that Campbell and Tate will see time in the starting lineup almost immediately. Chaney, Angerer, and Jones will see a lot of playing time as well. The rest will work themselves in, and Robert Johnson might even start too.

Jefferson and Weston are definite projects, but their upside is tremendous. And Jefferson will be a huge upgrade in the kick return department.

I did make one mistake and missed out on a trade with Anton and that was unfortunate. However, the value I got where I ended up (Arthur Jones) was great.

Got some criticism for the size of the LBs in the third, but I think they are playmakers, and I can have the DTs I got, esp. Weston on running downs, keep the heat off of them.

So, I give myself a B+ for sure. An A if Weston and the LBs work out like I think they will. My only misses were Cody, Troup, and Linval, sp i had to gamble with Weston. but in the 6th that's OK.

Thoughts?
Don't like the Bruce Campbell pick (bust written all over him) but loved the Arthur Jones pick and Angerer is a player.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:34 PM   #17
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

2-16(48) - Carolina Panthers (sirhcyennek81) - Brandon LaFell, WR, LSU
3-16(80) - Carolina Panthers (sirhcyennek81) - Jordan Shipley, WR, Texas
4-14(112) - Carolina Panthers (sirhcyennek81) - Jevan Sneed, QB, Ole Miss
6-06(175) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81) - Kevin Basped, DE, Nevada
6-33(202) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81) - Colin Peek, TE, Alabama
6-35(204) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81) - Doug Worthington, DE, OSU
7-13(220) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81) - Brandon Banks, WR/KR, Kansas State
7-16(223) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81) -Josh Hull, ILB, Penn State
7-42(249) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81) -Chris Carter, WR, UC Davis

I did not have a 1st or 5th round pick, because Carolina went DT happy the previous year and traded those picks. Carolina has a solid offensive line and great running game, so I tried to focus on receiving options on offense. Matt Moore showed flashes down the stretch, one of the reasons Delhomme was released, but drafting Snead gives Carolina flexibility if Moore doesnt work out. The DE's and DT are for depth. And it never hurts to pick up LBs for special teams. I give my draft a 3 out of 5 stars. But I'm biased.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:54 PM   #18
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
2-16(48) - Carolina Panthers (sirhcyennek81) - Brandon LaFell, WR, LSU
3-16(80) - Carolina Panthers (sirhcyennek81) - Jordan Shipley, WR, Texas
4-14(112) - Carolina Panthers (sirhcyennek81) - Jevan Sneed, QB, Ole Miss
6-06(175) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81) - Kevin Basped, DE, Nevada
6-33(202) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81) - Colin Peek, TE, Alabama
6-35(204) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81) - Doug Worthington, DE, OSU
7-13(220) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81) - Brandon Banks, WR/KR, Kansas State
7-16(223) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81) -Josh Hull, ILB, Penn State
7-42(249) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81) -Chris Carter, WR, UC Davis

I did not have a 1st or 5th round pick, because Carolina went DT happy the previous year and traded those picks. Carolina has a solid offensive line and great running game, so I tried to focus on receiving options on offense. Matt Moore showed flashes down the stretch, one of the reasons Delhomme was released, but drafting Snead gives Carolina flexibility if Moore doesnt work out. The DE's and DT are for depth. And it never hurts to pick up LBs for special teams. I give my draft a 3 out of 5 stars. But I'm biased.

None the less, I think you did an excellent job at getting yourself 2 solid WR's in the 2nd and 3rd. I was hoping to get Shipley in the 3rd, you bastage.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:55 PM   #19
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
None the less, I think you did an excellent job at getting yourself 2 solid WR's in the 2nd and 3rd. I was hoping to get Shipley in the 3rd, you bastage.

It happens. I wanted John Skelton...he was taken the pick before mine in the 4th round.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:57 PM   #20
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
:-D It happens. I wanted John Skelton...he was taken the pick before mine in the 4th round.

Too funny. I was hoping to land Skelton in the 4th also. Good minds think alike I guess.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:08 PM   #21
jebures
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default My completed draft for Oakland

T Trent Williams Oklahoma 1(8)
DE Jason Pierre-Paul South Florida 1(18)
DT Linval Joseph East Carolina 3(85)
T/G Selvish Capers West Virginia 4(106)
CB Walter McFadden Auburn 5 (158)
DT Earl Mitchell Arizona 7(215)
TE/WR Jameson Konz Kent St. 7(225)
QB Mike Kafka Northwestern 7(251)
Old 04-14-2010, 12:29 AM   #22
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

I'd say we could rate other O-Mane drafters as well. Feel free to give other drafters a letter grade, and then answer these short questions about their draft:

Good Move --
Best Value pick --
Could Surprise --
Tel me why.....? --
Old 04-14-2010, 10:40 AM   #23
GoHAM
Ring of Famer

36, now that's shabby!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Unrein

My draft for the Eagles:

1-24(24) - Philadelphia (GoWYO) - Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan
2-23(55) - Philadelphia (GoWYO) - Nate Allen, FS, South Florida
3-06(70) - Philadelphia (GoWYO) - Toby Gerhart, RB, Stanford
3-23(87) - Philadelphia (GoWYO) - Matt Tennant, C, Boston College
4-23(121) - Philadelphia (GoWYO) - Geno Atkins, DE/DT, Georgia
4-29(127) - Philadelphia (GoWYO) - Dekoda Watson, LB, Florida State
6-31(200) - Philadelphia (GoWYO) - Walter Thurmond, CB, Oregon
7-36(243) - Philadelphia (GoWyo) - Kevin Haslam, OT, Rutgers
7-37(244) - Philadelphia (GoWyo) - Mitch Unrein, DE, Wyoming

I'm not sure Graham is a great fit for the Eagles but I love his motor and think he will be able to improve the Eagles pass rush. I think I might have reached a bit for Tennant and Watson, and the Eagles probably won't be drafting a RB now that they signed Mike Bell. Haslam is a bit of a project but is fairly athletic and versatile enough to be solid depth at G and T.

I think I got great value with Allen, Atkins and Thurmond.

Of course Mitch Unrein is a complete homer pick, but I do think he will be on a roster when the season starts.

I give myself a C+/B-
GoHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:31 PM   #24
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer

In Manning We Trust......

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

My Draft for Jacksonville Jaguars:

1-11: Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama
3-74: JD Walton, C, Baylor
4-108: Donovan Warren, CB, Michigan
5-143: Greg Hardy, DE, Ole Miss
6-180: Crezdon Butler, CB, Clemson
6-203: Marcus Easley, WR, UConn

I give myself a C to C+. I think I got value with Walton in the 3rd and Hardy in the 5th. I reached for Butler but the Jag's need depth at CB. Fire away gents!
ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:27 AM   #25
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

Rohirrim/Denver's Draft:

1. Dan Williams, NT, Tennessee
2. Vladimir Ducasse, LG, UMass
3. Eric Norwood, ILB, South Carolina
4. Austen Lane, OLB, Murray State
6. Eric Cook, C, New Mexico

Good Move -- Dan Williams in the first is just a solid pick. Just can't argue with it.

Best Value pick -- Getting Norwood in the third is nice. He could go at the bottom of the 2nd and he'll be productive.

Could Surprise -- Eric Cook could be a very productive, Question is can he step in right away?

Tel me why.....? -- Denver di not trade down to garner more picks. The valuer in rounds 3-5 of this draft is unbelievable. Stockpiling picks in those rounds is a must, even if you lose a bit of value.

Overall, a nice draft, just need a few more players to stock the cupboards. We didn't address WR, TE, S, or CB. I know this mock was done before Brandon and Tony left town, but it would have been nice to see some of those positions addressed.

Grade: B/B-

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: