The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2010, 01:12 PM   #1
Ziggy
Pro Bowler

Noob

Default Ziggy's First Round Mock

1. St. Louis Rams- QB Sam Bradford. Bradford is the top QB in this draft, and worthy of the 1st pick. He's proven that his shoulder is healthy in both the combine medical evaluations and his pro day.

2. Detroit Lions- OT Russell Okung. Most expect the Rams to go with the top DT on the board, but they found out last season what happens when you don't protect your franchise QB's blind side. They take the best left tackle in the draft.

3. Tampa Bay Bucs- DE Ndamukong Suh. The Bucs are thrilled to have thier choice of the 2 top defensive ends in this draft. Suh gives them the best player on the interior D-line since Warren Sapp.

4. Washington Redskins- OT Trent Williams. Shanahan was quoted after the 2008 draft, saying that he felt like the Broncos had the first pick in the draft when Clady was available at thier pick. He knows the value of a good left tackle.

5. Kansas City Chiefs- DT Gerald McCoy. The Chiefs make up for last year's reach at Tyson Jackson with the pickup of Gerald McCoy here. He's simply too good to pass up in this spot, and KC continues to build thier front 7.

6. Seattle Seahawks - DB Eric Berry. The Hawks take the best player left on the board. With needs all over the field, Berry is a great piece to the defensive puzzle.

7. Cleveland Browns- QB Jimmy Clausen. Don't be fooled by the fact that the Browns have aquired 2 quarterbacks in the offseason. Neither is the long term answer. Holmgren drafts his own young QB for the future.

8. Oakland Raiders- OT Brian Bulaga. The Raiders need a big left tackle. Bulaga is the 3rd best in this draft, but still good value here. If Clausen somehow drops to this spot, expect Al Davis to jump at the chance to get him.

9. Buffalo Bills- DT Dan Williams. 3-4 Nose tackles are hard to come by. Want proof? Look no farther than the franchise tags that were used this offseason. 4 were used on 3-4 nose tackles. With the Bills switching to a 3-4 defense this year, Williams is the man that Buffalo is desperately seeking to shore up the middle.

10. Jacksonville Jaguars- CB Joe Haden. The Jags get the best corner in the draft. When you play Peyton Manning and the Colts twice a year, the cornerback position has to be solid if you want to beat them.

11. Denver Broncos- LB Rolando McClain. The Broncos let Andre Davis go in the offseason. McClain has star potential, and gives Denver a new quarterback for the defense when Brian Dawkins retires.

12. Miami Dolphins- LB Brandon Graham. Parcell's gets his pass rusher. Graham has a non-stop motor and replaces Joey Porter's outside pass rush presence.

13. San Francisco 49ers- OT Charles Brown. Brown has boom or bust potential. The Niners desperately need Oline help and take a chance here, having 2 first round picks to play with.

14. Seattle Seahawks- RB CJ Spiller. The Hawks get the most electrifying player in the 2010 draft. Spiller can score from anywhere on the field, and will make an immediate impact on a young rebuilding team.

15. New York Giants- LB Sean Weatherspoon. The Giants would have preferred McClain, but Spoon may be a better player in the long run. New York shores up the middle of thier D.

16. Tennessee Titans- WR Dez Bryant
17. San Francisco 49ers- S Earl Thomas
18. Pittsburgh Steelers- G Mike Iupati
19. Atlanta Falcons- DE Carlos Dunlap
20. Houston Texans- S Taylor Mays
21. Cincinnati Bengals- DE Jason Pierre-Paul
22. New England Patriots- DE Jared Odrick
23. Green Bay Packers- LB Sergio Kindle
24. Philadelphia Eagles- DE Derrick Morgan
25. Baltimore Ravens- C Maurkice Pouncey
26. Arizona Cardinals- CB Kyle Wilson
27. Dallas Cowboys- OT Bruce Campbell
28. San Diego Chargers- RB Ryan Matthews
29. New York Jets- WR Golden Tate
30. Minnesota Vikings- TE Jermaine Gresham
31. Indianapolis Colts- OL Rodger Saffold
32. New Orleans Saints- DT Brian Price

Last edited by Ziggy; 04-10-2010 at 02:41 PM..
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2010, 02:37 PM   #2
BroncoSojia
Go Broncos

Thanks Champ for the past 10 years

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bey Bey Thomas

Where is Dez Bryant?
BroncoSojia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 02:41 PM   #3
Ziggy
Pro Bowler

Noob

I was wondering how long it would take someone to notice that. I put him in in the edit.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:08 PM   #4
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I like it. Very conventional, although I'd argue the Bradford pick a little. I understand it's a need pick and he's a legit NFL style QB, but I also think the potential is there for a short career given his shoulder issues. I especially like the Bronco pick. I'm anxious the Broncos may pass on a really great player in McClain, but I admit my concern has a lot to do with my mistrust of this coach and staff in making the right decisions.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 03:32 PM   #5
Ziggy
Pro Bowler

Noob

The Rams have been bad for a while now. You can only rebuild for so long without a franchise QB and expect the fans to follow along. If Drew Brees had not had the same surgery with the same surgeon years ago, Bradford probably wouldn't be the first pick in the draft. As it is though, I think the Rams are desperate to take a leap in the right direction. The quickest way to do that in the NFL these days is with a franchise QB. Bradford certainly has the potential to be that guy.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: