The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: move in draft?
yes, we move up in the draft (to 1-10) 0 0%
yes, we move down in the draft (spot 12 and beyond) 12 54.55%
we draft someone at #11 10 45.45%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2010, 09:21 PM   #1
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default predict: do we move up or down?

what do you think, do we move to get someone, let someone else get our spot (and there WILL be someone who drops that a team several spots down will want. doesnt mean they will trade, but it may be a good possibility) or stick where we are at?

make youre guess!
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2010, 09:33 PM   #2
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

I hope we move down.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:39 PM   #3
Drek
Ring of Famer

Going by who we've talked with and interviewed I think we're preparing for an attempt at moving down.

I think ideal world they trade back to #23 with the Pats (who draft Odrick), trade Marshall for #14 and a conditional 2011 pick, and then draft Dan Williams at #14, Sean Weatherspoon at #23, Aurrelius Benn at #44, Toby Gerhart at #45. In the 3rd we take Tennant, in the 4th we grab Armanti Edwards, and in the 6th we select Joe Hawley.

Everyone will b**** about us taking only one DL player, even though Williams can play a versatile role for us and we don't have enough roster spots for a fistful of DL picks. We get a legit center in Tennant and open Hamilton's replacement up to competition for Olsen and Hamilton. Hawley is added to make sure filling that role isn't leaving us with an opening, plus he's got center experience.

Armanti Edwards strikes me as a guy brought in as a reaction to having McCluster in, liking what they saw, but not liking to give a 2nd round pick to get it. Edwards in the 4th gives McDaniels the versatile wild cat type player he wants, without the expense.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 01:00 AM   #4
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Drek, I love you. If that happened I'd cum for a week.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 01:34 AM   #5
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Going by who we've talked with and interviewed I think we're preparing for an attempt at moving down.

I think ideal world they trade back to #23 with the Pats (who draft Odrick), trade Marshall for #14 and a conditional 2011 pick, and then draft Dan Williams at #14, Sean Weatherspoon at #23, Aurrelius Benn at #44, Toby Gerhart at #45. In the 3rd we take Tennant, in the 4th we grab Armanti Edwards, and in the 6th we select Joe Hawley.

Everyone will b**** about us taking only one DL player, even though Williams can play a versatile role for us and we don't have enough roster spots for a fistful of DL picks. We get a legit center in Tennant and open Hamilton's replacement up to competition for Olsen and Hamilton. Hawley is added to make sure filling that role isn't leaving us with an opening, plus he's got center experience.

Armanti Edwards strikes me as a guy brought in as a reaction to having McCluster in, liking what they saw, but not liking to give a 2nd round pick to get it. Edwards in the 4th gives McDaniels the versatile wild cat type player he wants, without the expense.
I would love it but only if it were tweaked just slightly.

Trade back to #23 with the Pats (who draft Odrick)
Trade Marshall for #14 and a 2011 3rd and 6th (I don't do conditional picks)
Draft Dan Williams at #14
Draft Taylor Mays at #23
Draft Arillius Benn at #44
Trade #45 for a high 3rd and a 2011 3rd
Draft Micah Johnson in the 3rd we got for trading #45
Draft JD Walton with our 3rd.
Draft Armanti Edwards in the 4th
Draft Joe Hawley in the 6th

If our draft went down like this.........

Last edited by ZONA; 04-10-2010 at 01:36 AM..
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 01:36 AM   #6
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Everyone WANTS to trade back, but we will draft at 11 and like it.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 05:40 AM   #7
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

I think it going to be extremely hard to trade down. Most team look at this board and see the value is in the 2nd to 4th rounds and aren't going to give that up.
elsid13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 06:29 AM   #8
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
I think it going to be extremely hard to trade down. Most team look at this board and see the value is in the 2nd to 4th rounds and aren't going to give that up.
Except the Patriots, who've got more picks than they can fit on their roster.

Some will be flipped for 2011 value per their norm, but as it is they're already holding what will likely be a top 10 pick in 2011 from the Raiders in addition to all their standard picks and comp picks for Watson, Green, and potentially others.

They're either going to be cutting some pretty good guys at the end of spring training or they'll trade up to consolidate some value. Word has it they really like Odrick and see a guy real similar to Richard Seymour. I could see them jumping up to grab him.

Even if they aren't interested, the Giants supposedly have a huge man crush on Rolando McClain. So we could potentially get a 3rd there as well.

In 2008 there where 8 trades in the first round, 3 in the top 15, including a team picking at #8 moving all the way back to #26.

In 2009 there where 5 first round trades including the 5th overall. Cleveland traded down three times in fact, going form 5th to 17th, from 17th to 19th, and from 19th to 21st.

Its hard as hell to move a top 5 pick, the only way that happens is if you have a franchise QB someone wants. But the 8-20 range is trade city, even in today's NFL. That is where teams get jockeying for position trying to grab those sliders and the guys they're worried everyone else is going to beat them out for.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:56 AM   #9
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post

OMG that would be a wet dream draft. Williams can play immediately all along the DL. It would be great to have both Williams and Williams on the DL at the same time. Talk about getting bigger in a hurry.

'Spoon is going to be a stud. Benn reminds me a bit of Devin Thomas but at 44 the risk isn't too high. There's also a slim chance that a guy like Saffold, Pouncey, or Tate are still around at 44/45.

I'd be so pumped if we could make a deal similar to what you just described... but I doubt it happens.

To think, if we had 5 picks in the first two rounds this year instead of last... We'd be sitting so pretty right now.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:05 AM   #10
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I would love it but only if it were tweaked just slightly.

Trade back to #23 with the Pats (who draft Odrick)
Trade Marshall for #14 and a 2011 3rd and 6th (I don't do conditional picks)
Draft Dan Williams at #14
Draft Taylor Mays at #23
Draft Arillius Benn at #44
Trade #45 for a high 3rd and a 2011 3rd
Draft Micah Johnson in the 3rd we got for trading #45
Draft JD Walton with our 3rd.
Draft Armanti Edwards in the 4th
Draft Joe Hawley in the 6th

If our draft went down like this.........

Why Taylor Mays? We already have a big Safety that can run faster than everyone on the field.

If we're going to take any safety in the first round it better be Earl Thomas who can also play some CB. No way do we spend a first on Taylor Mays, and if we do I'll be all sorts of pissed off.

If you want to tweak the #23 pick, why not go the route of Pouncey at 23 and then Stud ILB Sean Lee at 45?

14- Dan Williams - DL
23- Maurkice Pouncey- C
44- Arelious Benn- WR
45- Sean Lee - ILB

That would be pretty sweet.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: