The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2010, 02:26 PM   #1
Cool Breeze
Ring of Famer

Broncos Rock!

Default Redskins wide receivers should do homework on Rod Smith, Ed McCaffrey

Redskins wide receivers should do homework on Rod Smith, Ed McCaffrey
Unheralded wide receivers Rod Smith and Ed McCaffrey thrived with the Denver Broncos under Mike Shanahan, and the Redskins' receiving corps would be wise to study a lot of film of the productive duo.

"They both had the ability to catch the football extremely well. They both were fearless blockers, fearless competitors," Shanahan said of Smith and McCaffrey. "Everything you look for in a football player. No prima donna in either of them.

"They were going to come on every play and give you everything they had. They set the foundation for our running game. How often can you get wide receivers that can block? Well, you get wide receivers who can block, then you got a chance to do something special."

By Jason Reid | March 30, 2010; 1:00 PM ET

Those were the days...
Cool Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2010, 02:30 PM   #2
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Man I miss those guys so much.

We're really blessed as Broncos fans to have those incredible years in the late 90s where everything just came together so well for us. Elway, TD, McCaffrey, Smith, Sharpe... for the most part we had a group of guys you just couldn't help but like who played together so well. Regardless of anything that happens henceforth, those will always be the golden years in Broncos football to me.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:40 PM   #3
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
Redskins wide receivers should do homework on Rod Smith, Ed McCaffrey
Unheralded wide receivers Rod Smith and Ed McCaffrey thrived with the Denver Broncos under Mike Shanahan, and the Redskins' receiving corps would be wise to study a lot of film of the productive duo.

"They both had the ability to catch the football extremely well. They both were fearless blockers, fearless competitors," Shanahan said of Smith and McCaffrey. "Everything you look for in a football player. No prima donna in either of them.

"They were going to come on every play and give you everything they had. They set the foundation for our running game. How often can you get wide receivers that can block? Well, you get wide receivers who can block, then you got a chance to do something special."

By Jason Reid | March 30, 2010; 1:00 PM ET

Those were the days...
?? I'm not touching that playbook.

Last edited by HILife; 03-30-2010 at 02:44 PM..
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:21 PM   #4
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish McStout View Post
Man I miss those guys so much.

We're really blessed as Broncos fans to have those incredible years in the late 90s where everything just came together so well for us. Elway, TD, McCaffrey, Smith, Sharpe... for the most part we had a group of guys you just couldn't help but like who played together so well. Regardless of anything that happens henceforth, those will always be the golden years in Broncos football to me.
I had the presence of mind to tell to myself...enjoy watching these guys play. This is something truly special.
I also remember going to every game at home in 1996 and seeking Elway out warming up on the sidelines. I wanted to absorbe those moments forever.
I knew I had to keep good memories of seeing the best Broncos team ever (late 90's) along with the best QB ever in NFL history.
Unforgettable times!
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:27 PM   #5
FireFly
Ring of Famer

The window is open!

Players like that are going to become rarer and rarer in todays NFL.

Very few and far between.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:45 PM   #6
cabronco
Broncos & LA Kings fan

PFM / Kopitar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Superbowl Bound

I often imagine how awesome it would be if we had a Brandom Marshall type receiver with Rod Smith's smarts, mind, and being well grounded. Even R. Smith had issues, but he over came them and turned into an all Pro.
cabronco is offline   Reply With Quote