The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2010, 01:54 PM   #1
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse
Default 1980 Denver murder suspect arrested in Topeka, KS

I just thought this was interesting, given that this was a cold case from a Denver murder in 1980. Maybe it will spark some discussion, or maybe not...

http://www.ksnt.com/news/local/story...H_rQ40z_A.cspx

Shawnee County Sheriff’s detectives arrest a Topeka man in connection with a 1980 murder in Denver, Colorado.

53-year old Roderick Elias was arrested Wednesday for investigation of Murder in the First Degree on a warrant obtained by Denver investigators. Detectives will next present this case to the Denver District Attorney for consideration of formal charges

On October 28, 1980, members of the Denver Police Department responded to a street alley on a report of a body in a vehicle. Upon arrival, officers located the victim, later identified as 22-year old Kristen Kay Swanson, lying across the front seat of a car. The Coroner's Office removed the victim to the morgue where they discovered she had a single stab wound to the chest. The victim worked at a disco club called Summerfield's located at 3737 Quebec Street the night prior to her discovery.
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2010, 01:55 PM   #2
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Bumping something from 1980?

Spam, you are so getting banned.

Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:18 PM   #3
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Not much to say, but I find it interesting that something from the year I was born occurred in my soon-to-be home town and that the guy was caught in my former town.

Life is fun... except when you're murdered.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote